Sign in to follow this  
Xontract

Subforum Photos

4 posts in this topic

Is there any type of functionality on the site for adding subforum photos like there were in ID?  I personally found these to be a nice touch, but I don't think we should require them by any means.  

After looking around a little, the short answer to this is "no". But there are always longer answers involving the answer "yes", as it of course is technically possible.

From what I can see, you can force change the theme a forum uses, so technically possible that way. However, tedious to keep several whole themes up to date for this single purpose. Will have to research more to see if there are easier ways to go about this, without resorting to something home cooked and half baked.

So, I've found this plug-in, but I can't just download it for a test drive, it seems. Also, don't know if it would do what I want to anyway.
Otherwise, one could try to just add an if statement, checking the forum name or current url or something such (whatever is easiest), and add the appropriate css tags to change the div class "ipsPageHeader" to include a specific background image.

Screenshot_2017-08-16_06.30.01.png