Sign in to follow this  
Brave New EarlHi

Help with patches

4 posts in this topic

I have been enjoying BNW for some time now, but I have run across some trouble with further tweaking my game with patches and I keep breaking it.

What I know how to do: rename the current version of BNW to match the name of the SMC file I am using. This has allowed me to enjoy the mod.

The problem: I don't know how to apply anything else. Sprite changes, additional content patches such as the new 1.86 beta or a tweaks like Leap Anywhere(an IPS file) and Runic Forever(a .7z file). I don't understand the difference between these file types. I'm not sure how or if I am supposed to use Lunar to apply the content to the the SMC file directly or if I am supposed to create a new patch and then apply that...?

Patching for dummies. Please help.

Edited by Brave New EarlHi

Download lunar ips first. Second, download the patch(es) you want to install. Third, double click the ips patch you downloaded and apply it to the src file (the rom not the save). Do this to the same file for every patch in question. Then make sure your rom and save file names match and you're done. 

If your game suddenly explodes start the patching process over again from a clean rom. 

Edited by Mishrak