Sign in to follow this  
BTB

Brave New World 1.8.6 is now available!

158 posts in this topic

Possible 1.8.6 bug:

When you attack with the Switchblade and it procs Steal, you can attack again immediately as if you used the Steal skill w/ Locke.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:27 AM, BTB said:

Oh yeah, I saw that! I meant to link that awhile back.

Btw off topic, but since ya'll love challenging games: there's a sale on the 3DS e-shop until the 30th. One of them 50% off (to $10) is Yumi's Odd Odyssey, aka as the Umihara Kawase series. It's a wire platformer that's easy to learn and tough to master; very popular for TAS runs. Figured you guys might be interested.

Edited by TimeSpaceMage

There were a couple of weird glitches sadly I wasn't able to get a video or screenshot

1) Atma Weapon used Gravity Bomb, but the attack was named as Discord

2) In the battle against Tentacles, one of them tried to use Discard with no-one grabbed, then it used Meteor and then the remnant tentacles used two attacks this turn... I had to use Seraph to avoid this glitch

I'm guessing this has been reported before, but just to keep it in mind for 1.9 version

Edited by S.Court

It's only crazy if you fail and you keep trying. Mod is wildly succeeding, in my opinion. You don't get to escape to an asylum just yet, I'm afraid.

By the way, why'd you guys change the life and phoenix down the way you did? To make the potions healing to percentages more useful? Or some other balance change I can't wrap my head around right now.

Edited by velsper

Life was to make the spell itself more useful; 1/4 max HP still usually resulted in a character getting knocked right back down as soon as they got up. This makes Life effectively equivalent to Life 2 in the early game and keeps it at least mildly relevant in the late-game - the Phoenix Down change was just to drive this point home.

So,m I was having a look over the new changes and I realized that I have the new "Scimitar" weapon set to the same BatPwr as the Full Moon - which is available earlier. I also realize that dual Boomerangs are the current standard for early-game power, and thus deemed it necessary to give a power boost to the early swords on the whole.

See new settings here: http://btb2.free.fr/ff6/Printme.xls

9 hours ago, BTB said:

So,m I was having a look over the new changes and I realized that I have the new "Scimitar" weapon set to the same BatPwr as the Full Moon - which is available earlier. I also realize that dual Boomerangs are the current standard for early-game power, and thus deemed it necessary to give a power boost to the early swords on the whole.

See new settings here: http://btb2.free.fr/ff6/Printme.xls

FWIW, I like the name "Mirage Vest" better than "Stealth Suit."

Back to yon drawing board, then.

Or I could just ask @Rynzer. He's the one that ends up naming all of our shit, anyway >.>

Edited by BTB

I didn't see this mentioned earlier, will this update break saves from 1.8.5? I can never tell with these based on change log alone.

My suggestion was Dashing Suit! I think its really good! 

Alternatively, the idea of Ninja Suit for the final light armor and moving Dark Gear down has merit, too. It'd be something like Dark Gear, Gaia Gear, Stealth Gear, Ninja Suit. 

I, um... how do I put this...

No >.>

As was stated on Discord, I actually do like the name Mirage Vest. My only reason for wanting to change it is that Vests are a class of armor that all characters can equip while the Mirage Vest is the highest tier of "light" armor, so I wanted to pick a consistent-ish name.

Of course, now you just have me thinking about what would happen if everyone could use the Mirage Vest.

Just change it to Mirage Gear then? Mirage Shirt? Mirage Coat? Mirage Cloak? Mirage Garb? 

I do like the Mirage part, it's a cool word and if we don't need to change it from vanilla it couldn't hurt to keep. If the Vest part is the issue, just change that. 

Maybe you should think in reverse? Mirage Vest is a fine name. Maybe swap the names of Gears & Vests? So: Karate Gi, Ninja Vest, Gaia Vest, Dark Vest, Mirage Vest for the evasive armors. Then, the light armors are Mythril Gear and Diamond Gear? Could find some other name besides Gear, if you really wanted to.

...spitball: change Diamond Kite to the third shield in the line of Buckler -> Targe -> ???. Something like 25/25 defenses, same evades (10/10), no speed loss, no elemental properties. Gives the low HP characters (Gau, Strago, Relm, Gogo) a proper WoR evade+ shield to equip. Could even do 30/30 defenses too: better overall defenses than elemental guards (20/30 defenses with 0/10 evades), but elemental guards have stat+3 and elemental absorption. Pretty sure Strago will still want Spd+3 more than Def+10 or Eva+10, but it's a legit alternative option now. As is, Diamond Kite is basically "Buy this for Daryl's Tomb, then toss it aside for better shields."

Mirage gear is fine, none of the other proposals seem great and no reason to change the rest of the names.  Ninja suit sounds terrible, like a Halloween costume.

A bigger item name issue for me is the Magic Brush, which doesn't follow the other two named brushes of famous artists (Dali and Ross).  Dali should be the magic brush, since his paintings have a magical quality to them, Ross is fine for the haste brush since he did his paintings in 30 min.  

A older painter, preferably renaissance, should provide the name for +5 stamina brush since you want an artist whose work has stood the test of time, but there aren't many good options considering only 6 letters will fit.  Vinci brush ain't bad, but that's his birth city, not really his name.  Monet brush could work, plus his work feels rather 'safe', with peaceful landscapes frequently being depicted.