BTB

Brave New World 1.8.6 is now available!

141 posts in this topic

The current 1.9 beta seems to be good to go. The only significant bug is that the game hangs when Relm is recruited, and I'm pretty sure @seibaby can whip up a quick fix if Synchysi doesn't put out a new RC in the next few days.

I'm waiting on a few fixes - the Relm life hack among them - before putting out the next release candidate.

Edited by Synchysi

seibaby - Today at 3:51 PM

It's a simple matter, but I'd rather leave it to synch
I don't know what causes the crash, but I'm willing to bet it's a simple as a typo
Edited by BTB

On 11/2/2017 at 1:06 PM, TimeSpaceMage said:

A hack for Aquatic Caves was added the other day.

Edit by Admin: Moved to main release thread by request of BTB - Hart-Hunt

I support adding this into to BNW.

12 hours ago, Synchysi said:

I'm waiting on a few fixes - the Relm life hack among them - before putting out the next release candidate.

You just need to change the $66 at CB/F0B9 to $68 instead, since you changed the event command pointer to $68.

Yeah, I've got that fixed. I thought there was something else you were working on - a fix for Cover Knight, I think.

12 hours ago, thzfunnymzn said:

I support adding this into to BNW.

It would be much more elegant to, say, take one of the rooms in Ebot's Rock and edit it into an actual underwater room.

Unfortunately, map editing is not our strong suit. @Lockirby2 is the person I'd consult about that.

2 hours ago, Synchysi said:

Yeah, I've got that fixed. I thought there was something else you were working on - a fix for Cover Knight, I think.

Ah yes. I've done some work on Cover Knight v9. Not at computer right now, but I will post it later tonight. You'll have to edit the defines because free space requirements are changed, but otherwise it's ready to go.

So, for the next RC...

• The game will no longer crash when Relm is recruited
• The Zephyr Cape will now case Haste on low HP (instead of whatever it does now)
• Dog Block will be disabled while covering
• The Soul Sabre's BatPower will no longer be hidden in the extended equipment info screen and it and the Blood Sword will no longer be ignored by the optimize routine

This *may* get put out tonight, otherwise it may be a little bit.

Edited by BTB

That looks super interesting. Might actually look into a run through of that

If it doesn't break BNW, I might actually do so as well. Looks very interesting.

Having Terra pick up Gau is actually interesting. Ties into her looking to the orphans of that town on the Veldt whose name eludes me.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:58 AM, BTB said:

It would be much more elegant to, say, take one of the rooms in Ebot's Rock and edit it into an actual underwater room.

Unfortunately, map editing is not our strong suit. @Lockirby2 is the person I'd consult about that.

Unfortunately, I only did overworld stuff for ROTDS.  I could probably learn how to create indoor maps as well, but anybody could arguably do just as good a job.  It's a whole different ballgame because the indoor maps use multiple layers, and the tiles interact quite differently.

Because Ebot's Rock's rooms are mostly on the same map, and it's randomly chosen whether the rooms have passageways between them, you couldn't just take one of the rooms and make it watery.  You could add in another map for 2.0 with some of Madsiur's expansions, and we could make a new room (or set of rooms) on that map.

Alternatively, we could make a clone of the original map.  Then we could set the event code to have a 50% chance of sending the player to the flooded version of the map (which would presumably have the Serpent Trench palette and possibly a ripple effect), and a 50% chance of sending the player to the normal version of the map.  I'm not sure if that would enhance the mazelike effect of the place, or come off as a lazy/transparent trick.  It would certainly require less effort, and I don't think it would require applying expansions to duplicate a map (if you want to avoid that).

PowerPanda from FF6Hacking was working on the scenario changes.  I liked his thought process on it, so I suspect the result is good, although I haven't tried it.

So, in the post you mention a donation by selbaby.  Does that mean you're accepting Paypal donations or something?  I'm afraid I don't really have any use for a repro cart, and it would bother me that I couldn't put the newest version of BNW on it when you release them anyhow.  Is there somewhere I can just throw a bit of money your way?

Edited by MasterVash

Any "donation" from Seibaby I ever spoke of was referring to the work he has put into this project (unless we're talking about the community donation project we set up to send DN a care package). We don't really take in donations... though I can't in good faith turn down any willing contribution towards my "help my broke girlfriend take her cats to the vet" fund.

Oh, sorry.  I guess I didn't read the post enough.  Still, if you'll take it, I'm happy to regardless of the reason.  I'll PM for more info and to not spam this thread.