Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rynzer

Future Development, Feedback, and Suggestions

30 posts in this topic

There's very little negative impact to putting Edge into that status except against some of the late game enemies like  He's so overwhelming fast that even if there's two enemies, it's worth letting him run wild. Scaling back his speed bonuses might help him feel less broken. 

Rydia was actually the weakest character in the end game party for me. I found myself not using her summons or end game spells and relying on her as a tertiary healer with Asura or items. It wasn't until she had Halo and Minerva equipped that I felt compelled to Leviathan or Bahamut. It wasn't until I was at the last save did I realize that I had her completely built for offense with Battle and whips instead of a rod and armor that boosts her magic offense, so that part is completely my fault for setting her up for failure. I found myself setting up both Rosa and Rydia that way. Rosa, especially with Giant arrows, was extremely useful through the Giant of Bab-il. I was a little mad at myself for not picking up on the importance of getting Odin until much too late and being a little overpowered already.

I was personally pleasantly surprised with Rosa being able to do damage in late game with her arrows thanks to Battle. Her not having to always just be a heal bot was great. Battle always sort of felt like something for Rosa to use. Were whips able to attack at full strength from the back row? I noticed they had the arrow icon on the UI, so I figured that just meant no penalty for being in the back.

Yes, whips are long range weapons and can freely be used from the back row. Also glad to hear that people are taking advantage of alternate build options. :)

The alternative build options are fantastic for Rosa, Rydia, and Cecil. Is there any thought to giving Kain giving him a different built than crush all things with his jump ability? Right now, Luck and Flirt seem a little... weak, and I didn't use them very much at all. I knew end game enemies would probably hit unless I had blink on my characters. 

I loved some of the end game monster formations and how challenging they were. Is there any thought to doing a challenge dungeon, or is there no room for that in the original mod? 

I've wanted to do something with Luck and Flirt for a while, but the leftover available commands don't leave much room for it. I wanted to give Kain a sort of on-demand elemental strike capability (using MP), but I couldn't get it to work properly. Kain's builds are both DPSish, but one is more defensively focused (shield+spear) than the other (halberds). I'm not really sure what command Rydia could make use of. Maybe something that enhances her physical builds?

I've thought about adding more optional bosses, but unfortunately, I think additional dungeons are off the table. There's not many spare maps in the game and I'm already afraid I'm getting close to blowing out certain sectors of the ROM. The world map is also notoriously difficult to edit (and the triggers/events that happen on the world map along with it).