Sign in to follow this  
Valenhil

Play this as a group if possible

7 posts in this topic

I recently had the opportunity to replay this mod alongside two friends, and although we couldn't make it very far with the time we had (We stopped halfway to Fire Spirit), I can certainly confirm that this game is several times more enjoyable with 3 players. No more stupid AI, someone else can still open their own item wheel if player 1 is casting, much easier to distribute roles across all 3 characters, and the toned down resource management makes this an easy pick to simply start, play, and have a grand time with one of the now rare RPGs that's more concerned with being fun than being a pretentious experience.

If you got a couple friends for a fun activity, I highly recommend this one.

Edited by Valenhil

Yeah, I never got to play this version with friends, but I DID get to play with my sister on the original version, and I had a lot of fun playing that. I can only imagine how fun it would be to play a version of this with all of the bells and whistles it has now. 

For net play, I guess we're still stuck with ZSNES, right? Or do anyone else have any other suggestions? Also, if anyone does, have you tried it out (i.e. not just "read it somewhere")?

1 hour ago, Kaffe Myers said:

For net play, I guess we're still stuck with ZSNES, right? Or do anyone else have any other suggestions? Also, if anyone does, have you tried it out (i.e. not just "read it somewhere")?

Don't use Zsnes, I've had a crash on the last boss that corrupted my save when playing netplay on that. Use Retroarch, or maybe even Kaillera

Yes, we play with RetroArch and it's a freaking BLAST yo.

Been a while due to differing schedules, but hope to finish it one day. I don't think I could handle going through this solo.

Still a little annoying when P1 dies and all the controls get wonky - trying to figure out who's controlling who while a boss is nuking you can get interesting. We made it all the way to Dolan in spite of that tho, so it's not that huge of a deal.

Ah, nice, so I can use Mednafen (RetroArch) for Netplay. Cool, yo. Haven't used Mednafen a lot, but I think it will be my emulator of choice going forward for most console emulation.

Maybe I should find a team to try this out with. Any one interested? ;D

I'm game. Just need a third person now. Valenhill???

(or maybe I can convince my room mate)

Edited by Kanji