the_E_y_Es_o_0

Vagrant Story Rebalance Mod

33 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, kotpeter said:

By the way, I've just encountered a bug: when I defeat the Air dragon (the one after Earth elemental fight), I get teleported to Godhands workshop and cannot move there. Hopefully it gets fixed before release.

Found the problem, thanks for pointing it out. If you'd like a temporary solution, try skipping the cutscene which plays after defeating the Sky Dragon. That should find you right back in the boss room and you can proceed normally. I'll address your other questions as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for the hint!

Also, after I defeated Lich I teleported back to wine cellar (blackmarket savepoint). The door was marked as closed on the mini-map, but I was able to open it. However, I haven't found neither monster, nor a closed chest inside. Possibly a bug as well.

3 hours ago, kotpeter said:

Also, after I defeated Lich I teleported back to wine cellar (blackmarket savepoint). The door was marked as closed on the mini-map, but I was able to open it. However, I haven't found neither monster, nor a closed chest inside. Possibly a bug as well.

Fixed it. Thanks for reporting the bugs, it is really useful to me. Also, I'd ask you something if you don't mind: whenever there' a story cutscene let it play out in full, so I can be sure that I didn't break anything else.

After the Limestone Quarry area the rebalancing is unfinished, so you might experience some oddities/inconsistencies.

Posted (edited)

I've added a link in the OP for the demo build. It fixes the problems found so far, and adds the following system changes:

DYING BODY cancels STR-UP; Ashley cannot cast Herakles on himself.
DYING HEAD cancels INT-UP; Ashley cannot cast Enlighten on himself.*
DYING LEGS cancels AGL-UP; Ashley cannot cast Invigorate on himself.

*'Dying head' means you're also Silenced, so you wouldn't be able to cast spells anyway. But now even an ally (like Sydney) wouldn't be able to cast Enlighten on Ashley in this situation.

I wanted to make the "dying" mechanic more relevant, and I think this adds some welcome complexity into the combat system.

Edit: Fixed the demo link on the OP.

Edited by the_E_y_Es_o_0
Link fixed

6 hours ago, kotpeter said:

Any update to the mod?

Not for a while. It's kind of low priority at the moment. Although I still work on it when I have the time.

This mod seems amazingly nifty so far, thank You man!

(If You feel like watching a bumbling idiot try to remember all the mechanics in play here, this is the link. Audio was fixed partway through, still unclear why it was kind of imbalanced. https://youtu.be/f99yHLdr3P8 

4 hours ago, coffee potato said:

(If You feel like watching a bumbling idiot try to remember all the mechanics in play here, this is the link. Audio was fixed partway through, still unclear why it was kind of imbalanced. https://youtu.be/f99yHLdr3P8 

Haha, this is great. I see you're quite the talker, it was very entertaining. It's also the first video of someone playing the mod other than myself. Watching that segment I already see a few things that can be smoothed out. Like the room with the Mimic; I could probably remove one of the Silver Wolves. It's also fun to follow the live chat, I enjoyed that too.

The latest version of the mod should be completable, although I haven't finished my playthrough. The Great Cathedral and some of the 2nd-play areas have not been rebalanced yet. But as you've mentioned, I've already added some post-game content to play with. It was better to acommodate that stuff early on, for design reasons as well as space limitations.

Your emulator doesn't seem to like save states too much. I didn't know using them could cause slowdown.

A couple of people mentioned losing all the equipment stored in the container while playing the mod. If it does happen to you, let me know.

Edited by the_E_y_Es_o_0