the_E_y_Es_o_0

Vagrant Story Rebalance Mod

79 posts in this topic

Loving the mod. So much so that I've completed my first play-through with it and am on my way through a second.

I'm particularly liking the quicken spell, it's let me clear a few gaps that shouldn't be crossed, at least not at the time I'm crossing.
So far, it has allowed me to cross the gap that forms in the room with the first ghost, the gap in the room with the cloudstone before fighting the dragon and the river in the town straight after fighting Duane.

The second gap I mentioned, after going through and beating the dragon, I went back to where you fight the Golem as I hadn't done that and he wasn't there. I'm just wondering if this will break anything. It seems fine so far though.

4 hours ago, Maedroth said:

Loving the mod. So much so that I've completed my first play-through with it and am on my way through a second.

I'm particularly liking the quicken spell, it's let me clear a few gaps that shouldn't be crossed, at least not at the time I'm crossing.
So far, it has allowed me to cross the gap that forms in the room with the first ghost, the gap in the room with the cloudstone before fighting the dragon and the river in the town straight after fighting Duane.

The second gap I mentioned, after going through and beating the dragon, I went back to where you fight the Golem as I hadn't done that and he wasn't there. I'm just wondering if this will break anything. It seems fine so far though.

Sequence breaking in VS?! Well damn... those are some unforeseen applications of the Quicken spell. I did wonder if the Town Center river could be cleared, I guess it can. Does that mean you skipped Abandoned Mines B1 entirely? As for the Sanctum river, I never thought of crossing it before the Golem fight. Did you land on the inactive cloudstone on the other side? In any case, what surprises me the most is that you jumped the abyss in The Lamenting Mother, Catacombs. It just seems impossible to me. Now I have to try it myself...

To be honest, I'm not sure what the ramifications are for bypassing segments of the game. My first thought is you might miss some flags that spawn enemies and perhaps even bosses. For one thing, I'm pretty sure the Ogre boss fight in AMB1 triggers some Crimson Blades in Town Center West. So if you think the area is a little empty, it's probably that. With that said, I'm curious as to how a non-linear, sequence break'd playthrough would hold up. I take it you're still progressing, and haven't got stuck? Do keep me posted, as I haven't got any feedback on this aspect.

Glad you're enjoying it, too. Makes it all worth it. :)

After jumping the river in TCW, I proceeded as normal to the scene with Guildenenstern and Sydney, then went back to AMB1 for the sake of map completion and ran into problems.

Upon entering The Battle's Beginning, the doors locked as normal and the cutscene played as if to show the Wyvern but the Wyvern didn't appear so I couldn't leave. I reloaded and went into AMB1 from where you come out after the Ogre. When entering Traitor's Parting from behind, the same thing happened with no Ogre appearing and Ashley was rooted to the spot and couldn't do anything except reset.

The soldiers in TCW appeared as normal and the cloudstone across the river activated though.

For the sake of finding out more on how far you can go with sequence breaking, I will continue and keep you posted.

I see. Looks like you missed out on those bosses, then. IIRC you can go around the Wyvern room, but without the Hyacinth Sigil you can't fully explore the area.

Thanks for the update, I wonder how far you'll be able to go.