the_E_y_Es_o_0

Vagrant Story Zenith

156 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I'm really really excited to play this mod, when it will come out i'll try to share it as much as i can in the italian gaming website, cause it's a waste that just a few amount of people are going to know and enjoy it!

Wish you the best! @the_E_y_Es_o_0

Zenith v1.00 will be released in the next few days.

If someone would like to help by playtesting it, drop me a message and I'll provide the link.

Edit: version 1.00 is ready. Check the opening post for the download link.

Edited by the_E_y_Es_o_0

29 minutes ago, DarrenGordom said:

It's better to not add the italian translation mod right?

I don't think it would break anything, TBH. I've had reports of the Russian translation being compatible with the now defunct Rebalance mod. So it's worth a try.

7 hours ago, the_E_y_Es_o_0 said:

I don't think it would break anything, TBH. I've had reports of the Russian translation being compatible with the now defunct Rebalance mod. So it's worth a try.

I remember i played the rebalance mod with the italian translation and it was fine, of course the new weapon and ability would not be translated, but it's ok. So maybe i'll add first the translation and after the zenith.

Thank u for the info <3

Edited by DarrenGordom

Hi! I started my run today, i was wondering, the difficult in early game is not different compared to the vanilla? There's almost no damage cause by the wolves (around 7\8). I beat Dullahan pretty quick, he didn't had the chance to hit me. 

DullahanD
Dullahan

From the OP: "The difficulty rebalance will be done in later versions, after players provide feedback on how hard or easy is v1.00, and once I have a definite idea of how I'm going to tackle this aspect."

Right now, I'm interested in how the removal of the bonus roulette will affect the difficulty, as well as the new mechanic of "if your HP reaches 0, you die" instead of healing yourself back to life with Defense chains.

If the early game is still easy, that will be adjusted later. Do tell me how hard or easy the rest of the game feels, because that info will be taken into account when I begin the difficulty rebalance.

Edited by the_E_y_Es_o_0

So I reached the first Dragon, i beat him pretty easily, but he almost killed me with his first magic attack, which is fine, cause if u go under his neck, he's not gonna use it anymore. I noticed in general that the enemy's (boss and minions) physical attacks are really weak (so far), except for the critical attack (the only way to risk dying) but the chance of an enemy critical attack is low too. In my opinion the cooldown attack for most of the enemies is too high compared to Ashley, it makes sense if it's a zombie, cause they're usually slow, but a Lizardman should be pretty quick. I can do several actions (plus combos) before being attacked too. Anyway this is just the first part of the game, after the Dragon, things are gonna be harder, I'll let u know.

P.s. I really like that Attack spells and break arts are now useful, plus the removal of the cloud when an enemy attacks. 

1 hour ago, DarrenGordom said:

So I reached the first Dragon, i beat him pretty easily, but he almost killed me with his first magic attack, which is fine, cause if u go under his neck, he's not gonna use it anymore.

I see. The Dragon breath was already powerful in the original and now with a low-stats Ashley it must be near-fatal, even with a shield. For the record, are you increasing your stats with Elixirs or are you keeping your base stats of 100 STR/100 INT/100 AGL? Just so I know.

In my opinion the cooldown attack for most of the enemies is too high compared to Ashley, it makes sense if it's a zombie, cause they're usually slow, but a Lizardman should be pretty quick. I can do several actions (plus combos) before being attacked too.

Yes, I agree. The cooldown is something that can be easily reduced, although some enemies will always be slower than others. This will definitely be tweaked in the following updates.

P.s. I really like that Attack spells and break arts are now useful, plus the removal of the cloud when an enemy attacks. 

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for the feedback, this is the kind of stuff that will be useful for me later on.

I think the "almost oneshots" are good in the game, I dont feel that im in danger often, especially against physical enemies since it is unlikely they will kill you, except with critical shots. Personally, I didnt really feel the need to use the "defence ability" in the vanilla game, so I hope that i will have to learn them to finish the game.

Anyway I used 3 elixirs, now i have 102 str\100 int\103 agi and 255 hp, I think I'm not gonna use any other elixirs, but if u think it's good i will restart the game without using it at all. I saved after i killed the dragon, i will play a bit more later.

I think I'm not gonna use any other elixirs, but if u think it's good i will restart the game without using it at all.

No need, just play it however you prefer.

So I just beat the Ogre (Boss), really easy using prostasia and degenerate, his attack damage is around 60 so it's just a matter of time in terms of killing him (i'm playing without a shield, no stat upgrade and leather equipment). He used just physical attacks so it's not really dangerous, I remember it was a bit more fun in the rebalance mod. He basically has the weakness of almost all the enemies on this game, high cooldown and not a very high damage considering he is a boss.

The Fire Elemental with Pyro Guard and degenerate was a good challenge, he was about to kill me cause of his strong spell but draining his mp and healing urself is enough to beat him.

Duane was really weak, pretty useless boss, not challenging. I remember the battle with him in the rebalance mod and it was really good, he killed me 4 or 5 times (I'm not really good with the defense abilities)

The Wyvern was like the Dragon, but more reistent to my attacks, so if it doesn't attack u with the magical attack ur pretty safe.

Orcs and Orcs leader are decent enemies, annoying enough lol

Edited by DarrenGordom

So the crab was easy, no trouble at all, prostasia, degenerate and hitting his claws is enough, his attacks are decent but not very dangerous.

Earth Dragon is weak too, Acid breath oneshotted me a couple times, but i think it's normal cause i'm not upgrading my equipment and my stat, anyway is not a real problem cause like the other dragons, u just need to go under his neck to avoid his spells, still his physical attacks are useless.

Grissmon and Dark Crusader, well the only problem is Grisso's eletric attack, but it doesn't oneshot so u just need to heal urself and kill him first and then the crusade after (easy)

Basically in the snowly forest, minions are more dangerous than bosses lol

So i'm not a great player, but after u learn the combos and how to use the spells properly, the game is really easy.

Edit2:

I think i will wait until the update of the mod to restart my run, cause in my opinion whoever finished the vanilla game won't have any problems finishing it with the mod if the difficulty is not rebalanced. Hope that what i've so far helps. Maybe i'll reach the Iron Maiden just to see how hard it is :)

Earth Dragon
Edited by DarrenGordom

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to tweak the bosses in the coming updates. Seems that the issues are mainly the high cooldown and weak offense (physical especially). Glad you didn't experience any bugs or crashes.

So I think that the magical attacks are almost perfect. Phisycal attacks need a huge upgrade, and yes, cooldown too. Anyway when i beat Grissom and the Crusader, the game stopped working, blackscreen (as soon as the cutscene started). But it could be an isolated case, so i will try to beat Grissom again and let u know.

As soon as u will update the mod i will test it :)

Ps.

The amount of Vera Roots and Vera bulbs is perfect. But the amount of Cure roots and Cure bulbs that u have is massive, considering that u have 100 Mp and the heal spell costs just 5mp

Edited by DarrenGordom

42 minutes ago, DarrenGordom said:

So I think that the magical attacks are almost perfect. Phisycal attacks need a huge upgrade, and yes, cooldown too. Anyway when i beat Grissom and the Crusader, the game stopped working, blackscreen (as soon as the cutscene started). But it could be an isolated case, so i will try to beat Grissom again and let u know.

I've had several reports of that same bug -- it's probably being caused by Grissom's character model. I gave him a different weapon, a Summoner Baton, instead of his original Wizard Staff. Even though it runs fine on my end, at least 3 other people had the game freeze in this boss fight, sometimes before the cutscene, sometimes after it. I'll put a patch out as soon as I can.

If it's not too much to ask, can you keep a save file of your game in this area? In the "Forest River" savepoint, before the boss fight. That way you could perhaps test it again when the patch is available.

So I tried again, and again blackscreen, gonna wait for the patch, eventually if i wanna skip that point i need to go with the vanilla version and re-add the patch after that cutscene.

Anyway Idk if this is normal, my damage against the Abdomen of the Dark Crusader was 26, he used Prostasia on him, and my Damage was still 26. Prostasia should upgrade all the equipment, that mean's that the Dark Crusader is "naked"? Shouldn't my attack be reduced?

Edited by DarrenGordom

7 hours ago, DarrenGordom said:

Anyway Idk if this is normal, my damage against the Abdomen of the Dark Crusader was 26, he used Prostasia on him, and my Damage was still 26. Prostasia should upgrade all the equipment, that mean's that the Dark Crusader is "naked"? Shouldn't my attack be reduced?

Yes, he has no armor equipped. It makes sense, if you think about it. Like the Dullahan, he's an animated suit of armor, so wearing armor on his armor... well.

Unless you do like Xzibit and go "Yo dawg, we put an armor in your armor...", etcetera.

33 minutes ago, the_E_y_Es_o_0 said:

Yes, he has no armor equipped. It makes sense, if you think about it. Like the Dullahan, he's an animated suit of armor, so wearing armor on his armor... well.

Unless you do like Xzibit and go "Yo dawg, we put an armor in your armor...", etcetera.

Hahahaha ok that's what I though, but to be sure i asked cause it could be a bug 🤣

Is the Dark Crusader able to use Herakles too?

Edited by DarrenGordom

4 hours ago, DarrenGordom said:

Is the Dark Crusader able to use Herakles too?

Not that one, no.

On the topic of Prostasia, if a Crusader is equipped with an accessory, casting Prostasia will boost the accessory's stats. In that case it might reduce the damage dealt to him. IIRC the Last Crusader boss at Temple of Kiltia is an example of this.

The next patch - v1.01 - will fix the Grissom bug and the enemy Encyclopaedia, which is broken atm. v1.02 will focus on bosses rebalancing.

Edit: Now that I think about it, if we put armor on his armor he can protect his protection. Which is good.

Edited by the_E_y_Es_o_0

hahahaha So do u want Prostasia to be more effective on the Dark Crusader? I think it's a good idea, cause it doesn't make sense to use Prostasia just to upgrade ur weapon.

Anyway I noticed that the topic on Gamefaqs is more alive, i think i will switch there

up: when u can check the on gamefaqs, i think i found another bug

up2: Never mind, it was caused by the save state

Edited by DarrenGordom

Oh my god, so I'm so excited to start this!! :x

Is there anything you specifically want feedback from while I play it? Thank you for your years of hard work.