the_E_y_Es_o_0

Vagrant Story Zenith

156 posts in this topic

Hi there just started playing the mod again, i had previously played 0.91 and complete is and am now playing 1.00 with the door fix so you could call it 1.01 i suppose.

in the previous version i thought that the rozencrantz fight was too difficult as he would constantly heal and you couldnt analyze him

but this time around i beat him on my first try and he didnt heal once, i dont know if that is due to him not being able to heal or i just got lucky

I would say that the healing of rozencrantz in the last patch was too much but if he cant heal in this one then that is good.

whilst it isn't lore friendly i would suggest that you should be able to analyze both rozencrantz and sydney, just to aid gameplay, but i can see an argument for keeping them un-analyzable.

Also duane and grissom it said that the hit% on analyze for them was 0% which wasnt true as i could analyse them so that is a bug i suppose.

Could i ask if the combination tables have been reverted back to the original ones? i tried to combine a spear and a glaive but i didnt get a scorpion, just a spear.

Would you be able to post a change log detailing all the changes you have made to the base game? i understand that you want to leave it as a mystery but it would be nice to know where to find the new stuff, and know how everything has changed, it would be up to the user to not spoil themselves and i wouldn't want to miss any of your changes!

also do you have any plans to introduce more dyeing effects to enemies other than killing the legs or wings for 50% movement?

thank you so much for your amazing work

On 10/02/2021 at 10:04 AM, vsisgood said:

in the previous version i thought that the rozencrantz fight was too difficult as he would constantly heal and you couldnt analyze him

but this time around i beat him on my first try and he didnt heal once, i dont know if that is due to him not being able to heal or i just got lucky

I would say that the healing of rozencrantz in the last patch was too much but if he cant heal in this one then that is good.

I guess you just got lucky, because he is still able to heal himself.

Since you reached Rosencrantz, I assume you got through Snowfly Forest - did you have any issues with the Grissom boss fight? Some people have reported problems with the cutscenes there.

Also duane and grissom it said that the hit% on analyze for them was 0% which wasnt true as i could analyse them so that is a bug i suppose.

Interesting. I will look into that.

Could i ask if the combination tables have been reverted back to the original ones? i tried to combine a spear and a glaive but i didnt get a scorpion, just a spear.

Yes, I reverted the combination tables. In the case of Spear + Glaive = Scorpion, I might put that back into the next version, along with Wizard Staff + Clergy Rod = Summoner Baton.

Would you be able to post a change log detailing all the changes you have made to the base game? i understand that you want to leave it as a mystery but it would be nice to know where to find the new stuff, and know how everything has changed, it would be up to the user to not spoil themselves and i wouldn't want to miss any of your changes!

Sure. I'm still writing the changelog but it will be available soon.

also do you have any plans to introduce more dyeing effects to enemies other than killing the legs or wings for 50% movement?

Not right now, but it is a possibility in the future. This is a common request so I will try to implement something.

Thanks for playing!

On 18/01/2021 at 12:46 AM, blackcat777 said:

Oh my god, so I'm so excited to start this!! :x

Is there anything you specifically want feedback from while I play it? Thank you for your years of hard work.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. If you're playing the mod, do tell me what you think of the difficulty, especially in later areas. With the roulette removed, the gap between Ashley's stats and the enemies becomes quite considerable as you progress. In the next update I will nerf Guildenstern's 2nd form, as it's just too powerful for a base stats playthrough.

Also, if you experience any problems with cutscenes, tell me where it happened and what emulator you are using. Thanks!

v1.02 is now available on the 1st page. Changes are:

Fixed a door exit at Hallowed Hope, Sanctum.

Fixed cutscene problems at Limestone Quarry and Great Cathedral.

Lich, Lich Lord and Death enemies are less powerful.

2-Handed Break Arts have been rebalanced.

Break Arts kill requirements have been reduced.

Just finished the regular run and i'm excited to check iron maiden B2...

one thing i found myself wondering is if the editor programs have a clear flag to alter monster stats based on how many times the game is finished, since the game already has a flag tracking the clears

anyway, good job pal,

Spoiler

also imagine my surprise when i didnt get the magic ward when i was expecting it haha

, fighting lichs sure felt more dangerous

tnx for making this

edit. as for dificulty, guildenstern always oneshot me with his special moves unless i had a shield...while this could be a problem in dificulty for some, i see it more as a strat issue. "Get a shield up before the big kaboom or die"

Edited by Cron Man Trap

Version 1.03 is available on the front page.

Because of time constraints, I will no longer update this topic. Those who are interested in Zenith can follow the thread at gamefaqs and/or visit the project's site.

Thank you all for your continued support!