Kaffe Myers

insanedifficulty.com is down

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

Considering the close relationship the ID community has with NG+, I post this in the Site Update section.

As many of you have realized by now, Insane Difficulty is currently down. We at NG+ have yet to hear from the owner of ID, so we do not know exactly what is going on. Nonetheless, what we do know is: not only is ID's official homepage down, but also the facebook page and the youtube channel. The general consensus is that it has been taken down for good, but keep in mind that it is only speculation at this point.

Also, here's a quote from @ninjasdf from the Discord announcement channel:

[7:16 PM] ninjasdf: @everyone wanted to let everyone know that I've been keeping an eye on ID since it went down. I'm attempting to buy it off Arch so if anyone can help in that regard it would be awesome. Worst case scenario though if ID doesn't come back up within the next few days I have a static archive of it that I will be hosting on NG+ so at the very least a lot of history isn't lost. It's a static copy of the site from about a week before we launched NG+. Also if I can't buy it and it stays dead the mod and admin team here are discussing a sister site or possibility to incorporate difficulty mods into NG+. Will update everyone again soon

According to the previous days threads on ID, my 2 dollars is that they are dealing with the main code of the site... perhaps for a significant update? still just theorycrafting

On 8/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, Tenkarider said:

According to the previous days threads on ID, my 2 dollars is that they are dealing with the main code of the site... perhaps for a significant update? still just theorycrafting

I would only think that to be possible if the ID Facebook and Youtube were not also removed.  In my opinion Arch is just moving on for his own reasons, which is unfortunate.  As someone who had joined ID early on its pretty disappointing but in the end i'm sure the admins will do what's best to either host the archive, make a sister site, etc.  The community will live on :)