Echoherb

Missable WoB rages

25 posts in this topic

I recall someone saying there was a spot to get a lot of the potentially missable rages in the WoB. I'm right before the floating continent right now and want to farm all the rages and lores I can get before leaving, but I really have no idea which rages I can still get. Are there any that are missable? If so is there a spot to farm them and where?

The forest to the west of the Veldt has Phantom Train encounters.

There's some random peninsula to the north, I think middle of the map, connected to the Lete River somewhere nearby; this peninsula has randoms from the Imperial Magitek Factory.

Mt. Kolts & Mt. Thamasa can be re-visited. As can the Serpent Trench.

The Lete River & the Cave to the Sealed Gate, unfortunately, I think are permanently lost once you've passed that point in the game.

In the WoR, there will be some scattered islands south of Albrook where you can re-fight the randoms from the Floating Continent.

Io, a WoR rage, is hiding in some dungeon besides just Cyan's Soul, so he's NOT unmissable.

I think I'm at the IMF peninsula north of Lete River, and have been running into Flan, Defender, and Onion Kid. Does this area also have encounters with Griffin and Rhinotaur? I never ran into them in the IMF, and am getting sick of Flan encounters.

EDIT: Solved my own problem. The Griffin/Rhinotaur peninsula is a tiny little finger of land to the west of the more conspicuous and mountainous Onion Kid/Flan/Defender peninsula.

Edited by Franklin_WI

i'm in the WoR and i am missing:

Antlion - Figaro desert

Stray Cat - outside Nikeah

Vaporite - Mount Koltz

Are these Missable rages in the WoR?

12 hours ago, Vydaera said:

Is there any way to encounter a Raven in WoR?

Not outside of the Veldt. If you missed it in the WoB, it's gone. Of course, if you're willing to edit things, you can add it into the WoR.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind all of the leapable monsters being available in the WoR in various places.

Asked a question about rhinotaur in griffin but I didn't see it was already answered.

So here's another one, are there any plans to put the lete river and sealed cave encounters somewhere else in 2.0?

Edited by JohnFuklaw
Asked a question that was already answered in thread

I believe I missed the Hornet rage. If I understand correctly, it's one you'll only see in Figaro Cave on the first pass-through. I'm still in the WoB with the airship. Any idea where this guy is still accessible? I tried the cave again, as well as random nearby areas of the world map where I thought it may have been placed. No luck yet.

Thanks!

How about Io? The rage guide spreadsheet lists it as one found in the WoR in Narshe Peak but I'm starting to think it was in the WoB and I missed it...

I fought one in Cyan's dream and it didn't let me Leap on it, perhaps because I was in Megatek Armor...but I've also yet to run into it on the Veldt in his group, but maybe I'm just unlucky.

Edit: yep, just unlucky. I ran into his Veldt formation. Is the dream (and the Veldt of course) the only place to encounter Io? 

Edited by Ultipoop

On 8/30/2017 at 12:59 PM, Franklin_WI said:

I think I'm at the IMF peninsula north of Lete River, and have been running into Flan, Defender, and Onion Kid. Does this area also have encounters with Griffin and Rhinotaur? I never ran into them in the IMF, and am getting sick of Flan encounters.

EDIT: Solved my own problem. The Griffin/Rhinotaur peninsula is a tiny little finger of land to the west of the more conspicuous and mountainous Onion Kid/Flan/Defender peninsula.

I can't find the peninsula that has the IMF encounters... any help here would be awesome.

EDIT: Never mind, in 2.0 it's the Triangle Island that has the IMF encounters.

Edited by 454Casull

I'm playing through 2.0...and once again I can't find Io. The character builder says he's in the WoB. The rage guide says he's on the cliffs of Narshe in the WoR, but I have fought soooo many battles over there by the Blue Dragon and I've yet to see him. Am I just unlucky?

4 hours ago, Ultipoop said:

I'm playing through 2.0...and once again I can't find Io. The character builder says he's in the WoB. The rage guide says he's on the cliffs of Narshe in the WoR, but I have fought soooo many battles over there by the Blue Dragon and I've yet to see him. Am I just unlucky?

They are a WoR rage, no longer up in the snowy fields apparently. Look around in the caves around Mog's room. (If where you are fighting ends up with a formation with 6 fuzzy enemies, it's not the right cave)

Alternatively, you might have encountered it in Cyan's Dream (the part that used to be a MagiTek section) to enable them on the veldt

Is Cactuar a missable encounter? (it's not a Rage but it does provide a Lore skill)

And, I haven't completed the game to WoR stage yet, but I have about half of the possible Rages already; how many Rages can I get from WoB alone? (just need a number here) I've done a lot of area scouring with the Blackjack; hopefully I haven't missed anything. Definitely enjoying the game thus far, especially the dialogue fixes, though I will admit that some of it actually felt out of place (but that's outside the scope of the topic).

6 hours ago, KBGaming&&Music said:

Is Cactuar a missable encounter? (it's not a Rage but it does provide a Lore skill)

And, I haven't completed the game to WoR stage yet, but I have about half of the possible Rages already; how many Rages can I get from WoB alone? (just need a number here) I've done a lot of area scouring with the Blackjack; hopefully I haven't missed anything. Definitely enjoying the game thus far, especially the dialogue fixes, though I will admit that some of it actually felt out of place (but that's outside the scope of the topic).

I'm probably missing a few, but I have 38 Rages at the Floating Continent.

Edited by Sertik
Typo

7 hours ago, KBGaming&&Music said:

Cactaur is not missable and no lores are missable.

You can have 35 rages before Floating Continent + 4 from the continent itself (note that FC enemies aren't missable as they are in the WoR)

I think I'm only missing Lich, then. I haven't found an area that has an encounter for them outside of the Cave to the Sealed Gate. Triangle Island had some enemies from there, but not the Lich as far as I could tell.

3 hours ago, Nowea said:

Cactaur is not missable and no lores are missable.

You can have 35 rages before Floating Continent + 4 from the continent itself (note that FC enemies aren't missable as they are in the WoR)

35, is it? Hmm, with the two I just found today (getting Chimera took forever because that one loves to remain hidden), I'm missing three.
I only asked about Cactuar because of where I found it, being rather out of the way...

2 hours ago, Sertik said:

I think I'm only missing Lich, then. I haven't found an area that has an encounter for them outside of the Cave to the Sealed Gate. Triangle Island had some enemies from there, but not the Lich as far as I could tell.

I was able to nab that one before the Sealed Gate area flew off like Rocket Man. I took Gau with me to a lot of places and used Leap there, rather than waiting to try to nab them all on the Veldt, since one can do that with this well-made mod.

Oh, I didn't realize it was a Phantom Train encounter. I searched for the Lich and it was for a different enemy type. I know some of the monsters are renamed, but I assumed it was correct. Thank you.

So, hey, sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie with this hack, and can't for the life of me find Vulture and Griffin in the WoR.

Any clue?

Thanks.

Edit: I actually found a Griffin. Just missing vulture.

Edited by Bolverk