Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rynzer

Final Fantasy IV: The Darkness Within Version 1.08 Now Available!

12 posts in this topic

Version 1.08 has been released! This version focuses on adding many Quality of Life features to the Darkness Within as well as addressing some long-standing bugs! Please check the Readme for installation instructions.

Download the mod here!

Saves from versions prior to 1.08 WILL NOT be compatible with 1.08. Please start a new game before beginning on this patch version.

Changes for 1.08 are in the Spoiler tags below.

Spoiler
  • Fixed some typos. Removed individual-status curing items and replaced them with multiple-status cures. Ammonia can be purchased for 50GP each and Remedies for 100GP each. Shops, treasures, starting items, and drops have been adjusted.
    • Ammonia - Cures Berserk, Sleep, Charm, and Stun
    • Purity - Cures Poison, Blind, Mute, Petrify/Calcify, Pig, Frog, Mini, and Curse
  • As a result of the above item changes, some treasure chest contents are completely different.
  • Corrected the index for KO spells to no longer add Float in addition to KO.
  • Remedies should no longer remove Float.
  • Removed +5 Wisdom bonus from the Leech sword.
  • Lowered D. Knight's HP by 60% (10,000->4,000).
  • Added Y-button dashing indoors, menu speed increase hack, and ATB bars (courtesy of Myself086).
  • Removed the regular battle music in favor of playing the area music consistently while exploring.
  • Adjusted encounter rates to fall between 6/256 steps to 8/256 steps (does not include overworld).
    • Further breakdown:
      • Tower of Babil (all sections) - Reduced (8->6)
      • Path to Feymarch - Reduced (9->8)
      • Sealed Cave - Increased (4->6)
      • Eblan Cave - Reduced (8->7)
      • Watery Cave - Reduced (8->7 in areas without 7 already)
      • Mist Cave - Increased (7->8)
      • Giant of Babil - Reduced (9->8)
      • ¬†Lunar Subterrane/Lunar Core - Equalized to 8/256 (a few were lower, most were higher)
  • Added Crow!'s TLD Equipment Screen Mod.
  • Arrow quivers are now obtained in quantities of 1 instead of 10.
  • Since arrows are unlimited, now only one arrow quiver can be equipped at a time (no stacking on a character's hand).
  • Cleaned up the boat ride a bit. It still glitches, but the boat won't travel through rocks anymore.
  • Go b z is no more. RIP Go b z... (corrected an error caused by text in the Equipment menu).
  • Customized the title screen.
  • Added the Critical Hit Fix by chillyfeez and GrimoireLD.
  • Added Long Range Fix by Dragoon ZERO.

Updated the topic/initial post for the release of 1.07c.

Updated the post for the release of 1.08.

I saw you updated the mod, so I went ahead and started a new playthrough. Cid's Drink isn't working for me in the underworld. It gives me the 'you're blitzed' line, but no berserk status effect.

Do you have something equipped that's blocking the Blind effect? Unfortunately, FFIV is unable to apply multi-statuses if you're immune to one of them.

Oh, so that's the reason it happened. I had on the anti blindness accessory. Sorry for the bother. I really am liking all the UI stuff you did on this version. Thank you for taking the time to do that, Rynzer.

No worries, glad it wasn't something that was broken! Be sure to thank the many other modders who contributed to the UI hacks implemented and check out their work as well!

1.08 look neat with the atb and all... but there's a bug that's bugging me lol

Whenever a battle occurs, the battle bgm doesn't start, the map bgm plays instead

I like map bgms playing for combat personally, but I see your point.

22 hours ago, SWhite said:

1.08 look neat with the atb and all... but there's a bug that's bugging me lol

Whenever a battle occurs, the battle bgm doesn't start, the map bgm plays instead

This isn't a bug, it's a design choice I made. I felt like a lot of the BGMs were barely heard because whenever you get into a battle and complete said battle, the BGM resets. You end up hearing the same 7-8 seconds of the BGM over and over and over again.

The regular battle music is still there; it just isn't as common.