Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seibaby

Patches for the upcoming 1.9

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. Since there's a new major release planned (1.9) and quite a few patches going into it I figured I'd make this thread to collate them all to make life easier for the devs.

Here are my contributions:

Seibaby's Lifehack and Blow Fish Mod

Battle for Narshe

Lineup Menu MP Restore

Stamina Counter

Stamina Cover

EDIT: new link to code is below

@Think0028, @darknil, I invite you to post your patches here so everything is in one place.

Edited by seibaby

Your life mod has some wonkiness to it, @darknil. I'm sure you can fix it, but I submit to you this solution that doesn't use free space. @Synchysi

I've updated Cover Knight to add functionality. I've also updated Lineup Menu MP Restore to fix a bug. I took the time to test each hack (tested with 1.8.6) to ensure they work right, but I haven't had time to test all the nuances of Cover Knight. Oh, and the Golem nerf is in there as well.

Here's a ge.tt link for all the files so @Synchysi can include them in the next RC. You can replace all the patches in this thread with the ones here.

http://ge.tt/2VSxpWm2 (EDIT: updated Cover Knight to v0.8)

Synchysi, please ensure you double check which space is used by each of these patches, I've just stashed them wherever I found free space in 1.8.6 and it might conflict with your changes to 1.9. Stam cover now eats up a whopping 90 99 bytes!

EDIT: I've updated Cover Knight AGAIN. I wasn't satisfied with the bodyguard visually remaining in the "Defend" stance after Defend is cleared by activating Cover, so I fixed it.

Edited by seibaby

The patch to teach Relm Life before the fight with Ultros 3:

;Activate the teach character spell event command
;by Seibaby
;New event command: $66 (3 bytes; 2nd byte is character ID, 3rd byte is spell ID)

;xkas 0.06
hirom
;header

;Unused general action $66
org $C09926
dw #$AE0D         ; Dummied event command; "Learn a spell"

;Event editing: Relm learns Life right before Ultros 3
org $CBF0B9
db $66,$08,$30    ; Character $08 (Relm) learns spell $30 (Life)

;(Replaces the following)
;db $8C,$08,$7F   ; For character $08 (Actor in slot 8), take MP and set to maximum
                  ; (Relm still starts with full MP)

Edited by seibaby