Sign in to follow this  
Mishrak

1.9 Beta Bug Reporting Thread

169 posts in this topic

http://synchysi.firefish.org/ff6p/BNW_v1.9-RC13.rar

Changes:

• The "h" menu thing should be fixed, thanks to GrayShadows.
  • Gau's Rage list should work properly.
  • After examining Leo's gravestone in Thamasa, it should no longer be possible to walk around before closing the dialogue box.
On 12/15/2017 at 3:54 PM, BTB said:

• The "Leader" battle with Cyan no longer interrupts his theme
• Unchecked "can't run" from Mammoths
• The Demonsbane now does holy damage in addition to being anti-undead
• Fixed an error in the HasteX animation
• The Healing Shiv no longer teaches Cure
• Corrected a typo in the dialogue
• Corrected the Blizzard animation
• Adjusted the power of the Wind Slash/Aero sword procs

I didn't look at the issue where EP to next level was carrying over to Gogo's status screen (purely a visual bug). I'll cover that for the next release. So... around May-ish?

Edited by Synchysi

Preliminary testing has shown everything to be good so far. Gogo's screen looks correct, no issues with the Rage menu, and the in-battle spell menu condenses correctly.

So, @Synchysi, it was mentioned that the "ignores defense" property on flails is ignored when jumping, which according to Think may be due to the hack you have to remove the "throw" effect while jumping. Since the Gungnir hasn't had that property in ages, I would propose just removing that hack (assuming that it fixes the problem).

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Since the Gungnir hasn't had that property in ages, I would propose just removing that hack (assuming that it fixes the problem).

Could that make throwables proc on other characters when jumping via Palidor, or does that use a different routine for jumping?

It would make throwables proc from palidor, yeah. The animation wouldn't change, but the extra damage would be there.

Played through everything up to Fanatic's Tower. No bugs so far, except the following:

Specifically when using the X-Zone proc from the Doomstick, dead enemies still counter-attack. This happens whether they died from X-Zone, or whether they died earlier in the fight. So, for example, if you are fighting a pack of 2 Cerberus, you kill one on turn 1 with Doom, then a few turns later, you attack with a Doomstick and it procs X-Zone, both Cerberus will counter-attack from the X-dimension.

This does not happen with the actual X-Zone spell, just the rod proc.

Cerberus counter.png

Is it possible that it's just the one Cerberus counterattacking twice? They're double hitters, if I recall, just can't recall if they double hit as a spell counter.

I noticed a couple of really minor hiccups yesterday when playing through Locke's scenario that I didn't recall noticing before. Both were in the rich family's house — the first was a brief pause (maybe 0.5-0.75 of a second?) as I entered the drafty bedroom, and the next was right after that when I got downstairs. They almost seemed like they could have been music-related, as I think they coincided with the BG music transitions to and from the wind track. Playing on snes9x for Mac, if it matters. Not likely worth fussing over, but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Stamina cover seems to be working.

Method: Changed Cerberus to be level 1 so it does 1 damage, put Regen on all characters so they were always at max HP.

Cyan with 81 stamina covered 54 attacks out of 150, or 35%

Cyan with 36 stamina covered 31 attacks out of 135, or 22%

Stamina counter seems to be working as well:

Cyan with 64 stamina countered 39 out of 50 attacks, or 78%

Cyan with 36 stamina countered 33 out of 57 attacks, or 57%

6 minutes ago, SirNewtonFig said:

Is it possible that it's just the one Cerberus counterattacking twice? They're double hitters, if I recall, just can't recall if they double hit as a spell counter.

I noticed a couple of really minor hiccups yesterday when playing through Locke's scenario that I didn't recall noticing before. Both were in the rich family's house — the first was a brief pause (maybe 0.5-0.75 of a second?) as I entered the drafty bedroom, and the next was right after that when I got downstairs. They almost seemed like they could have been music-related, as I think they coincided with the BG music transitions to and from the wind track. Playing on snes9x for Mac, if it matters. Not likely worth fussing over, but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

No, because it happens even when fighting a Cerberus and a Nastidon. If you kill the Cerberus early, then use an X-Zone proc on the Nastidon, the Cerberus still counters or uses Red Fang from beyond the grave.

The X-Zone Cerberus issue is due to D's rod-proc hack force-targeting the entire enemy party, including those that are already dead. Interestingly, X-Zone won't prevent counters if it hits something that's dead.

X-Zone not preventing dead enemies from counterattacking is strangely fitting.

Hmm, was planning to abuse Doom Rod Mogoon shenanigans for randoms weeping. Extra counterattacks will be frustrating. All the more reason to grab Terrato early I guess. (Running Terrato Sabin).

I just noticed in the Fidor/Trooper formations in the battle at Narshe that when the Trooper casts HasteX, Fidor might counterattack with Pounce. Comically, the Trooper might then respond with Bayonet.

I have tested every piece of cover, except Magitek and Charm. Here is what I found:

Cover frequency affected by Stamina: Yes
    Cover disabled in back row: Yes
    100% Cover rate if target Near Fatal: Yes
    Cover is disabled if Golem is active: Yes
    Cover disables Defend: Yes
    Bug: Defend stance isn't reset (graphical only): Yes
    Cover disabled on KNIGHT'S status:
        Blind: Yes
        Berserk: Yes
        Image: Yes
        Magitek: Untested
        Muddle: Yes
        Sleep: Yes
        Death: Haha, yes
        Stone: Yes
        Zombie: Yes
        Clear: Yes

Cover disabled on TARGET'S status:
        Image: Yes
        Magitek: Untested
        Death: Yes
        Stone: Yes
        Zombie: Yes
        Clear: Yes

New behaviour of Smart Cover, in order of priority:

Attack initiated via player input: Disabled (yes)
    Attacking self while Muddled: Disabled (yes)
    Attacking self while Zombied: Disabled (yes)
    Attacking self while Charmed: Disabled (Untested)
    Attacked by teammate with a healing weapon while Muddled: Disabled (yes)
    Attacked by teammate with a healing weapon while Zombied: Disabled (yes)
    Attacked by teammate with a healing weapon while Charmed: Disabled (Untested)
    Attacked by teammate with absorbed/nulled element while Muddled: Disabled (yes)
    Attacked by teammate with absorbed/nulled element while Zombied: Disabled (yes)
    Attacked by teammate with absorbed/nulled element while Charmed: Disabled (Untested)
    Attacked by Muddled teammate: Enabled (no)
    Attacked by Zombied teammate: Enabled (yes)
    Attacked by Charmed teammate: Enabled (Untested)

So, basically, the only thing that was not working as intended is the following:

When a muddled ally attacks a non-muddled ally, then the knight is supposed to block it. However, the knight will only block it if BOTH the attacker and defender are muddled, and will not block it if only the attacker is muddled! So it's the opposite of the intended behavior. But only in that case. Everything else, as far as my testing shows, is working as intended.

Edited by Deschain

Exceptional quality testing, @Deschain. I'll look into the Muddle issue.

Oh, and...

Bug: Defend stance isn't reset (graphical only): Yes

:alone:

(I'm just going to assume that means "yes, it's fixed!")

Edited by seibaby

So, I've officially called the current RC 1.9 official. I'll put up a new version with the proper version number when it releases, otherwise feel free to continue using the RC.

Do you want to fix this?

On 12/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, SirNewtonFig said:

I just noticed in the Fidor/Trooper formations in the battle at Narshe that when the Trooper casts HasteX, Fidor might counterattack with Pounce. Comically, the Trooper might then respond with Bayonet.

I think a quick test of the jump ignore defense change is in order as well.

I don't have any free space to fix it, plus the idea of abused animals turning on their owners kind of amuses me.
As for the jump/defense thing... that's just one of D's hacks you have to remove, yeah?

Edited by BTB

Yeah, that's a known issue. Animation errors like that are a royal cumtwat to track down since they're some weird combination of spell index, enemy sprite, and fucking voodoo.