Sign in to follow this  
Mishrak

1.9 Beta Bug Reporting Thread

169 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to BTB way back, but I never did any out of bounds stuff with it.  I just knew you could still move around during the dialogue box.  This is probably as old as that cutscene.

Honestly, the only issue that concerns me is the rage list, and I'm betting anything it's tied to the spell condensing patch.

Edited by BTB

I'm assuming it's a conflict with either Assassin's alphabetical rage patch (most likely) or D's rage menu hack. I've posted this in the thread on FF6Hacking so hopefully GrayShadows sees it and can offer some insight.

So is that Rage bug just a graphical error? Or are the duplicates taking up slots and preventing other Rages from showing?   

It's cosmetic up until the point that the duplicates start bumping actual rages off of the list.

Looking at the Alphabetical Rage patch, it looks like the conflict stems from overwriting the first 32 bytes of the alphabetised Rages data table at the end of C2. (calculateMPDeduction starts at C2/FAB0  and runs through C2/FAEF, the data table from Alphabetical Rage starts at C2/FAD0.) That could/would easily cause duplicate and mis-ordered entries in the Rage list in both battle and the field menu, because they both draw from that same table. 

Did you leave the print commands in the .asm file when you patched it on? If so, did you happen to notice what address it said it ended on?

I've moved it again and it doesn't seem to occur on any of my test saves (though I have none with even a moderately full rage list).

For the record, here's what I'm using now. We'll see on the next RC if it's still causing issues.

Replacement Function updated_4F08 starts at: c24f24
Replacement Function updated_4F08 ends at: c24f3c and used 24 bytes of space.

New function CondenseSpellLists starts at: c265ce
CondenseSpellLists ends at: c2661b and used 77 bytes of space.

New function CalculateMPDeduction starts at: c2676f
CalculateMPDeduction ends at: c267af and used 64 bytes of space.

Edited by Synchysi

The duplication issue seems to occur with even a minimal amount of rages, so that's a good sign.

Was asked to repost this from the Discord.

Doing a 1.9RC12 run in Phoenix cave and had a strange bug occur that I was able to duplicate. Got into a Side Attack with Cyan in the bottom right slot with 2 Revenants and 2 Witches. When the last Revenant died and death cast Raze on Cyan it would pop up a Reflect graphic then the game would lock up with music playing and no more animations. Occurred 3/5 times that I reloaded save state on the fight and got the death Raze to hit Cyan. It was suggested that it's related to Cover (Or a Wand swing from a dying Witch - Wand thing is broken too always miss-spams itself). Though Cyan is the only one that has a Cover item equipped and the target was himself. It didn't seem to trigger unless Cyan was the target and not all the time..

I also had this happen on 1st Lete river when Banon got a Reflect graphic then the game black screen locked with end of battle music playing. Was not able to recreate this as I did not have a save state. I repatched after that Banon one with a fresh rom and download of 1.9RC12 just in case (This was well before the Cyan one). Feel free to disregard this  Banon part because I could not confirm it was not a patch issue. Just wanted it down on paper in case it happens again or to someone else.

Edited by Hordequester

Quick summary of things that have changed on my end since the last RC:

• The "Leader" battle with Cyan no longer interrupts his theme
• Unchecked "can't run" from Mammoths
• The Demonsbane now does holy damage in addition to being anti-undead
• Fixed an error in the HasteX animation
• The Healing Shiv no longer teaches Cure
• Corrected a typo in the dialogue
• Corrected the Blizzard animation
• Adjusted the power of the Wind Slash/Aero sword procs

A 4 day weekend seems like another fun time to do an atma weapon RTA.  Or my community meme play through of 1.9. Just saying.

DB1FE939-49AD-4205-8E07-EBEF0CF5F51B.png