Sign in to follow this  
Mishrak

1.9 Beta Bug Reporting Thread

169 posts in this topic

I want my boomerang throws on jump.

I actually kinda want boomerangs to always throw on jump. >_> It gives Mog a legit reason to jump with boomerangs. <_<

Yeah, removing that hack entirely instead of modifying it would (in theory - unless there's something that Synchysi knows that I don't) result in that behavior.

We'll get Throw on Jump, but we won't get always Throw on Jump. >_> Oh well. Shame Gungnir doesn't Throw anymore; I liked Throw Jumping with Gungnir.

I simply don't have any interest in further delaying 1.9 over something so trivial. If removing D's hack will result in the desired behavior, I say let's test it real quick and be done with it. If not, I really have no qualms putting it on hold and dealing with it whenever someone figured out how to make the Atma/Omega Weapon respect Jump.

Just modified it. It was part of a greater hack dealing with the blind status while jumping, so I couldn't just remove the whole thing.

Hmm... I didn't think disabling throw procs on jump was part of that hack. The blind jump hack was pretty recent, but we disabled throw on jumping AGES ago... unless I guess that wasn't the actual problem.

Man eater: doubles damage against humans while jumping

Zantetsuken: cleave still happens while jumping

Monet Brush: jumping heals and casts shell on the enemy

Switchblade: steal happens while jumping

Boomerang: does 3x damage against flying enemies while jumping, but this does NOT stack with the 1.5x damage from jumping. That is, if a Boomerang Fight does 200 damage, and a Boomerang Fight Throw does 600 damage, the Boomerang Jump will do 300 damage, and the Boomerang Jump Throw will still do 600.

After testing from Deschain we confirmed the following with throw + jump:

A non throw proc with a jump is a 1.5x modifier.

A throw proc with jump is a 3x modifier as if the weapon was thrown (vs floating) but it did not get the jump modifier.

The same occurs with a non floating enemy except it’s 2x as if the weapon was thrown.

Also there’s an animation bug with jump + throw proc vs non floating enemy:

Deschain:

basically when it's doing the throw animation against a non-flying enemy, instead of doing the "return jump" animation, he does the throw animation... from where his sprite usually is on the battlefield

so he just never does the returning jump animation

Edited by Mishrak

15 minutes ago, Mishrak said:

Deschain:

basically when it's doing the throw animation against a non-flying (?) enemy, instead of doing the "return jump" animation, he does the throw animation... from where his sprite usually is on the battlefield

so he just never does the returning jump animation

This happens against all non-flying enemies, but does not happen against flying enemies. So it ends up with an invisible Mog on the battlefield. He can still attack and be attacked, and he can even do the blocking animation, but his sprite isn't there. If he then Jumps again and gets a non-throw, his sprite will return.

Edited by Deschain

That's enough to convince me to re-institute stripping weapon effects from jump attacks. If BTB is fine with that, I should be able to put out 1.9 proper tomorrow.

Ice rod/fire rod/quarterstick are all working, as is fire sword, but doomstick doesn't appear to be using X-Zone anymore, just Doom. I've hit 18 Doom procs in a row, and 0 procs of X-Zone

3 hours ago, Synchysi said:

That's enough to convince me to re-institute stripping weapon effects from jump attacks. If BTB is fine with that, I should be able to put out 1.9 proper tomorrow.

Yeah, just toss it back on and let's ship it out.

We ran into a couple of last second issues that needed to be resolved so it's a few days late, but I just sent 1.9.0 to BTB for full release.

Edited by Synchysi