Flandre Scarlet

Will Insane Difficulty Come Back Online?

27 posts in this topic

Like BTB said, it's unlikely it's ever coming back.  Which is unfortunate for a number of reasons, but them's the breaks :(

Regardless, darkkefka is currently having internet issues.  Once he's ready, he'll likely start this up again on these forums.

On 3/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, BTB said:

Magic_8_Ball_-dont_count_on_it.jpg

ahahaha!! the title of the topic pretty much looked like the format of a classic question that you ask to that ball xD 

Given the nature of how ID went down abruptly, if any of you see someone ask for ID, I'd ask anyone reading to reach them (with prudence) anf spreading the word on NG+.

21 hours ago, ninjasdf said:

It really sucks how ID went down.  Glad you guys made it over here though.

The Administrator in me says this might not be the best idea, but you guys deserve the best. This noble, majestic mother fucker right here? @ninjasdf? The one responsible for the creation of this site?

Yeah, this mother fucker tried to buy the ID domain off Archael, for way more than it was worth, for you guys to host it as a sister site. He was offering to pay the server fees, everything. And Archael turned his nose up at it. Completely ignored him.

So yeah, it went down, and it isn't coming back. But just know that we -- ninja, especially -- tried to get it for y'all. That should tell you something.

53 minutes ago, seibaby said:

Well, it's settled then. Will NG+ be hosting that archive of ID that allegedly exists?

Yes!
I don't know exactly when it will be uploaded for hosting, but I feel pretty confident saying that it will come up fairly soon.

I meant as a browsable mirror, not just a downloadable archive. So you can link to stuff. 

Edited by seibaby

Were there things on there that needed linking? Outside of the mods themselves. Was there some that won't be able to come onto this site?

2 hours ago, seibaby said:

I meant as a browsable mirror, not just a downloadable archive. So you can link to stuff. 

Yeah, that's comming up. :)

1 hour ago, velsper said:

Were there things on there that needed linking? Outside of the mods themselves. Was there some that won't be able to come onto this site?

The entire history of this community. That in itself is worth a lot.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:06 AM, Hart-Hunt said:

Given the nature of how ID went down abruptly, if any of you see someone ask for ID, I'd ask anyone reading to reach them (with prudence) anf spreading the word on NG+.

People have been leaving comments on my Armageddon videos asking for the forums/Download.  I referred them here to ngplus hopefully others will see it as well. 

As an update to everyone, I received word from FFTA, one of the other former Administrators of Insane Difficulty earlier tonight.

3AYzMFO.png

3Mvd3Ks.png

Whatever happens from here on out, just know that this man was not to blame. He tried purchasing the site himself, but Archael would not have it.

If he comes back here, I intend to welcome him back with open arms, and I expect all of you to do the same. He loved Insane Difficulty just as much as anyone else, and he tried just as much as the rest of the Administration to save it.

I suppose this is one of those cases where it's better to consider it the start of a new era rather than the end of an old one.

At least PHD vs. 1.3 is safe.

I'm pretty out-of-the-loop on a few things -- one of them being the closure of Insane Difficulty.  Needless to say, when I headed over there to find a specific ROM hack, today... this very one, in fact... I was more-than-a-little-surprised to see that the site was gone.  Funnily enough, I actually found out, through a Seiken Densetsu 3 thread on GameFAQs, that the site was genuinely offline, rather than just experiencing an interruption. (At least, that's what Google tossed my way, when I searched for information.)

Anyway, I was neither a major contributor nor did I really give much feedback on many of the hacks... but, I'm still sad to see that the site went.  It was pretty abrupt and I guess I understand why.  Still, I'm optimistic that New Game Plus will do its best to fill the void.  It already seems like a pretty nice place with many nice people -- not to mention, several familiar faces.
Plus, if I feel really nostalgic, I can always check the Insane Difficulty archived site hosted right here.  Heh heh.

Best of luck and warm wishes, New Game Plus people!

Edited by Joseph Lithius
Formatting, more details, etc.

I feel completely positive about NGPlus, seems so healthy. Too bad about the lost information but... It's about time, NGPlus will grow stronger and "fill the void" like Joseph said.

13 hours ago, Lockirby2 said:

We need to get BunkJuggs in here to create some new history, pronto!

He could be the first NG+ member to be downrepped into the triple digits.  :bitch:

I imagine people would be really annoyed if I tried to provide commentary on this or that difficulty mod, since I have absolutely no awareness of the concepts very familiar to the people in this community. Might even set a reputation record of some sort if I attempted. 

As long as you're respectful, you're more likely to set a reputation record in the other direction. :P And I'd encourage you to do so, if only so that you actually play the mods to begin with.