Sign in to follow this  
Valenhil

On Secret's Remake

4 posts in this topic

@praetarius5018The latest video shown confirmed that the project is a direct translation of the original game: Same mechanics, same rules, same feel, same game. And, as we know, it is being developed for PC.

As a similar project for SD3 is now within the realm of possibility and following this same trend of keeping the game so close to the original, a transition of Sin of Mana to the PC version would most likely be a lot of work, but it's a rather opportune way of fixing what I consider to be the biggest problem the mod faces right now: the limitations imposed on it by the game itself - general lag and lack of ingame info about the changes.

At the very least, it's safe to assume that if it is made, the SD3 remake will be similar enough to the Secret remake that any modding tools developed for the latter might also see use for the former.

I'd highly doubt that. The SD3 Remake seems like an actual complete overhaul of the game and I can't think ANY SD2 modding tools will be even close to working with Secret of Mana 3D.

IF they even ever actually do a SD3 remake in the style of SoM3D none of the tools should work.

We will probably have to wait and see if the secret of mana remake is easily modifiable or not. If it is, I can see a mods being possible for SD3 as well because it will probably use the same Rise of Mana based engine/assets.