Vanish Mantle

Feedback and Suggestions for Future GS mods or FS/RS

6 posts in this topic

Like the title says. I am documenting things I want to fix and adjust so if you have any feedback or suggestion you would like to make for Fallen Star/Risen Star make them known here. I also have a new series in the works that is vastly different from first mod series so if you would like to suggest things for that or future projects let me know below.

Hmm. It's been a few years since I've played this mod, so I can't remember anything beside what I said in the other topic.

Once the endgame grind issues have been ironed out, I'll replay the mod. Maybe even move on to Risen Star, who knows.

I'm going to play them through again. but i'd like to say they had NO exp curve problems, especially no endgame grind. So im directly saying to ignore the previous posts comment. 

i forget where in the lost age, but in golden sun 1 if you choose to fight and kill the lizard in the tornado that takes you to crossbone island, he gives you like 32k exp or something insane. (before people in the future read this and go oh, ill do that then skip normal fights, almost every single enemy in the game past mid game, and i think literally every enemy at the end of the game, has a UNIQUE RARE amazing equipment it can drop. as a reminder, drop rates go up if you kill enemies with a djinn whose element they are weak to)

as i recall the lost age risen star doesn't by default have hard mode accessible. could you either mod the game to allow selecting hard mode of a fresh new game? or provide a sav to access it? that would certinly be a worthy change if possible to do fresh hard mode.

i don't remember everything i noted down in my first play of GS1, but i recall ....treant? (tree boss in forest that you could or not have mia) being extremely skip-able by using instant death. 

anyway gonna start now, in a few days i'll post some notes. i only maybe recall mid game being to easy, but i guess with the 16K HP cap you can't go to ham or you hit it early.  but anyway i recall thinking the mods was honestly near-perfect. is there anyway to restore the old posts for where cool equips are and so forth?

Edited by dawnbomb

Do you have a change list for Djinn effects or were they not touched at all? wondering if Gust is still garbage at only 10% chance for double damage. 

The Drone Bees in Kolima Forest where tret is, are extremely weak for the players power at this point in the game. The games easy upto here other then bosses (they are medium) but this is the first area where the player is fighting totally new enemies and should be prepared. They do ~10 damage and considering the player has HP regen, and PP regen while walking for cure, they pose actually 0 threat. they should probably get +15 attack. either this, or maybe nurf the early gears HP regen, as it honestly carrys you the entire early game.

what level is "balanced" to beat GS1 fallen star at for GS2 transfer?

Edited by dawnbomb

If you can, you still need to post all the locations of all the hidden/super bosses in golden sun 2. people can generally assume GS1 is crossbone, but i recall risen star (hopefully correctly) and theres a ton of new hidden bosses yeah? can't beat em if we can't fight em. also, locations of mimics and mad plants.

also for a fix, you overflowed Isutodoragon HP that resulted in him having 1 HP

also you inspired me to start work on some simple hard mods of my own...for no particular reason. for your new mod, theres a new program called golden sun magic that can edit enemies weaknesses and resistance data, among other new things. check it out.