Sign in to follow this  
zombero

Future Plans

6 posts in this topic

I'm making this thread to inform people of what's going on with this hack and with myself and what the path forward will look like.  First off, with InsaneDifficulty.com in the dustbin of history, this will be the new home for this hack.  Or at least one of the new homes.  So this is a safe place to look for future updates.

As far as hacking goes, this project is #1 on my priority list.  However, I'm currently working as the battle designer for an upcoming Atlus RPG, a project scheduled to last for one year, and that project will be my top priority overall.  It is theoretically a part time gig, but the reality is likely to be very different, and that project will be given any attention that I feel it requires, which may be all.

Hopefully this won't mean no updates for a year, but I can't guarantee anything.  One thing I do at least plan to do is to get more info about the hack posted here.

Well, with all that stuff out of the way!  I made a vid of the most recent feature that was added:

I'm going to be reworking ranged targeting and AoE damage.  The gist of it is that ranged attacks will no longer be able to target the entire field, and instead be limited to near-ish targets.  Additionally, AoE attacks (most of them anyway) will deal less damage to targets further away from the caster.  Melee targeting and enemy AI will also be getting another inspection.  Melee will be able to more easily reach under-protected rear row members, and enemy AI will (typically) be inclined to attack the targets nearest to them.  The goal of all this will be to have positioning matter much more in battle.

Edited by zombero

Hi Zom, followed you here.  Glad to see this is still in the works!  Even if it takes years I will patiently keep checking for the finalized product.  Also congrats on the Atlus gig; I'll have to check out whatever you're working on when it's done :) what's the status of the current download?  Do we have past stage 6 playable at this time?

I'm thrilled that you've come with us to ngplus. I've always wanted this mod to be fully realized so I look forward to your work!

Hey, thanks for the love, guys!

On 10/9/2017 at 11:19 AM, Sphinx said:

what's the status of the current download?  Do we have past stage 6 playable at this time?

Ah, yeah, that's something that I'm going to need to decide on how to address.  There's currently two versions:  Hardtype (older, far less features, but complete) and In the Lap of the Gods (newer, more features, but only 6 stages).  The version available on the Mods page right now is Hardtype.  In addition, I have an updated 1-stage demo that I'd like to release pretty soon which demonstrates the revised "morale" system, town supplies, and enemies spawning on towns.  That way, I can at least collect some feedback on it during this time that I'm not able to work on it.