Sign in to follow this  
pogeymanz

Did I miss the drill?

5 posts in this topic

My buddy and I are both playing the mod at the same time and I was lamenting how poorly my Edgar is keeping up in the WoB. He mentioned the drill. I don't have the drill. He said it got it in Zozo from the clock puzzle. I did the clock puzzle and got a switchblade.

Was that because I didn't take Edgar with me to Zozo? I actually got two switchblades in Zozo. ...I'd really like a drill.

Please put everything into one topic. I will answer your other questions here.

The Drill is bought in South Figaro. The mystery egg is something you'll have to PM the creators about. The Rage Belt acts as a Power Glove for Gau.

For stamina, IMO, the major things it does is provide a higher status evade rate; raise the counter/cover rate; and occasionally strengthen an attack, heal, or unique character mechanic. The magic defense portion of stamina & the physical defense portion of vigor are insignificant. Regen ticks are strengthened just as much by HP levels as by stamina, with HP also providing a higher maximum HP to boot. Weakening poison/sap ticks, IMO, is more of a nice extra rather than any significant benefit.

I should also mention that, of the 3 significant things that stamina does, only the status evade is truly universal. Not all characters have a stamina-based attack, heal, or unique mechanic to use. Also, not every character is in a position to actually use counter or cover. Also, the base counterattack rate is all ready ~50%, and the strength of counterattacks depends off of vigor.

Stamina provides a lot of little stuff, certainly, but for some characters, all of those little things either don't add up to anything important and/or their basic character design just doesn't get a lot of use out of lots of stamina (excepting status evade). For example, see: stamina on Strago or Relm. (Though others will contest me on that point).

The Drill is bought in Figaro Castle, not South Figaro :P

But yes, it's helpful to keep questions all in one place like Funnyman said.

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought I was doing the right thing by posting them as separate threads, since they were all fairly unrelated questions. My bad.

There are already replies in the other threads, what would you have me do now?

Thanks for the answers.