Sign in to follow this  
Tedrainbow

Mod Final fantasy 8 Steam Only. (Long journey of Hard ) Version 1.0

5 posts in this topic

Hello i am finish me mod version 1.0 but have not time to test all game...

If anyone wants to give their opinion on getting new mod hard.
Let him be welcome.
In this mods the background colors are modified and retouched or otherwise the same but more beautiful.

The difficulty is longer and harder than the original even only the HP has been modifying and the value of the AP and experience have been reduced from X 3 around.

The color of the monsters have been changed ..
The cost of GFs is only available after learning the ability to call them Level 1.
The abilities of GF now appear with their levels and not once a precise skill learned.

The characters were retouched to be less pixelized.

The magic attacks are 2X less powerful, but for magic, you throw two in a single attack.

The experience is longer for your characters and GF but their exp are now degraded, the levels are longer as the game progresses and not always the same figure exactly.

The text and other original story is not change..(..)

Exp level 10, 23030 total and level 100 max--262 K
But Picture in game !

Example the stats for boss.

RubyDragon

Ruby-Dragon.jpg

Ultimecia

Ultimecia.jpg

Edea

Edeaa.jpg

Bahamut

Bahamuta.jpg

Cerberus

Cerberusa.jpg

Ifrit

Ifrit-Boss.jpg

Exp GF 2550, only.

GF skill stats bonus

HP+20% = 5% and 155 AP
HP+40% = 8% and 205 AP
HP+80% = 12% and 255 AP
STR+20% = 5% and 155 AP
STR+40% = 8% and 205 AP
STR+60% = 12% and 255 AP
VIT+20% = 5% and 155 AP
VIT+40% = 8% and 205 AP
VIT+60% = 12% and 255 AP
MAG+20% = 5% and 155 AP
MAG+40% = 8% and 205 AP
MAG+60% = 12% and 255 AP
SPR+20% = 5% and 155 AP
SPR+40% = 8% and 205 AP
SPR+60% = 12% and 255 AP
SPR+20% = 8% and 205 AP
SPR+40% = 12% and 255 AP
EVA+30% = 15% and 205 AP
LUK+50% = 15% and 205 AP

SumMag+10% = 3% and 105 AP
SumMag+20% = 6% and 155 AP
SumMag+30% = 9% and 205 AP
SumMag+40% = 12% and 255 AP
GFHP+10% = 5% and 105 AP
GFHP+20% = 8% and 155 AP
GFHP+30% = 12% and 205 AP
GFHP+40% = 15% and 255 AP
Boost = 7% and 205 AP
-----------------------------------
1-- Quezacotl

Lv 1----GF
Lv 5----GHHP 10%
Lv 10---Items
Lv 15---SumMag+10%
Lv 20---Magic
Lv 25---T Mag-RF
Lv 30---Card
Lv 35---
Lv 40---Boost
Lv 45---SumMag+20%
Lv 50---Mag+20%
Lv 55---GHHP 20%
Lv 60---Elem-Atk-J
Lv 65---Vit-J
Lv 70---Elem-Def-J
Lv 75---Mid Mag-RF
Lv 80---Mag+40%
Lv 85---Card Mod
Lv 90---SumMag+30%
Lv 95---HP-J
LV 100--Elem-DefX2

Ect..

GF the picture and begin Level.

FF8a5.jpg

Example Level 100 two begin GF the list ability

FF8a1.jpg

FF8a2.jpg

FF8a3.jpg

FF8a4.jpg

Once you have download the file for this mods.
 Long journey of Hard :   File '330 MO '  Here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT020-N9gEgOxkArTTJE4NDaFDbvBaSW/view?usp=sharing

Slot save edit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kN4w-jlSanjNCp7o0WPA9TtSjyob54La/view?usp=sharing

tonberry

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uYLiLwlC1e0bH19HCXfTwasPflSVeSHv?usp=sharing

textures

Install the mods.
Go to the folder where you install your FINAL FANTASY VIII on Steam!
Copy all the files in this location except Slot 1 slot 2.
for the saving of the mod. Use the backup on slot 1 and place it in the folder where your backups of this games are placed.
Change the number if you want other than the number 1.

Also change to the prefs file the info you want to use the Textures folder.

Then Happy,  Good luck and good games!

Edited by Tedrainbow

Looks more like a graphical mod than a gameplay mod, and as for the gameplay, from the look of it it seems to just make the player to grind more than anything else, also I don't understand this :

The magic attacks are 2X less powerful, but for magic, you throw two in a single attack.

OK so what is the point here ?? First off magic is really weak in FFVIII to the point that even LandonRay in his Requiem Mod buffed it (except Meteor because of Rinoa's Angel Wing) and it's actually the only thing he buffed in the Requiem Mod (and even with the buff late-game some Limit Breaks were stronger), plus I don't see the point of halves the strength of magic if you also makes it cast 2 times in the row doesn't that basically make the nerf useless ? And what about Double and Triple.

And for the look of it you didn't bother change anything else (unless you didn't say it for instance) then I will say that, a FFVIII mod that doesn't nerf the Limit Breaks in one way or another (cause let's face it Limit Break are the most broken thing in FFVIII), remove the Aura spell (which souldn't exist in my opinion the Aura statut break the game and you souldn't be able to put it on a character with a simple spell) and Vit 0 from Meltdown will be easy unless you make the ennemies extremely OP, and we don't even talk about Card Mod or the Invincible statut. 

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:

OK so what is the point here ?? First off magic is really weak in FFVIII to the point that even LandonRay in his Requiem Mod buffed it (except Meteor because of Rinoa's Angel Wing) and it's actually the only thing he buffed in the Requiem Mod (and even with the buff late-game some Limit Breaks were stronger), plus I don't see the point of halves the strength of magic if you also makes it cast 2 times in the row doesn't that basically make the nerf useless ? And what about Double and Triple.

I'd guess it turns a weak and useless move into a weak and useless move that takes ages to complete (weren't there timed missions?) that ALSO are weaker than before because they have to go through defense twice.
At least I assume that defense is linear subtraction here, don't know much about this game.

Since I haven't seen any responses from this (And the modder really doesn't want my opinion on the changes), I can safely assume that he will not be working on improving this to be anything near... Decent.

I am finally, the return for new link and bit more info and video to the GF is look, the last day.

Yes it very long dating but is work for other mod and more activity, ispossible to study programming to in my the to reality for my the school 42, so to from 41 day, i am very happy it so possible, for mine region.

Edited by Tedrainbow