Sign in to follow this  
zedorfed66

Shadow Hearts: Covenant NTSC - Godslayer v6.50

114 posts in this topic

I'm pretty excited just to see how fast the final boss is going to decimate me haha. My first week of classes is just about over and then I'll have three days off to do nothing but stream.

Lol the final boss is gonna be really hard but not impossible. You are not required to have any seals on anyone. As long as you have Dark Seraphim and are 99lvl you can survive any situation the boss throws you in as long as you do the right thing and hit perfects. Hitting perfects is less important when you're "in the clear". Making million save states is not a sin, it's merely a way to save yourself from too high frustration. I see you're having trouble with the 2nd Garan fight. You may be too low level or u may want to switch dark dress gepetto in. When you have lots of dark elements in the fight he uses Bright Banish instead of more deadly magic. But when you have him cast Bright Banish you will need to keep Stand on, otherwise your guys will go crazy.

Oh YEAH! I forgot about Dark Seraphim and his broken For Everyone buff. Wow, that's going to be interesting if I can get that off with Lucia's oil... Hitting perfects might become a problem especially with my lack of coral items. I'll try to honor my code of not using them but we'll see... My Garan fight did not go well, mostly because I kept screwing up my rings. I was really out of it when I was fighting him last stream and ended up getting tilted after screwing up Yuri's ring for the 30th time that day haha. I'll probably give it another go next time I stream and grind a bit if need be. That's a good point about Bright Banish! It really is a weak spell in comparison to all the other ones. Thanks!

No prob. I think Bright Banish does more damage than the other lvl3 magics when hit a single enemy but its weakness is that it becomes weaker once it hits multiple opponents. You will be needing Coral Pendant on the final boss since it has significantly more health and you pretty much will want to be using the Key items.

It seems weird just from a mechanical standpoint to have a spell that not only has a very small AoE but also does reduced damage to multiple targets... Oh. Well, time to swallow my pride and start using those coral pendants then haha. Is there an order I should do the sidequest dungeons in?

I agree the Bright Banish spell is really inferior to the others regardless of doing more damage to single enemy. The right order for the dungeons is: Tiffauge's Castle -> Dollhouse -> Black Forest -> Neam Ruins Underground. The Dog Shrine is pretty much ok to do at any point after Dollhouse.

Ok cool thanks! Mecha Lord fight went really well. I put Anastasia in to take its picture and she ended up face-tanking almost every single hit so the entire battle came down to reviving Anastasia over and over and over again as it punched her across the room haha. Only the Queen's Garden left and then I'll start the optional dungeons! Not too far off from the end now.

Hey. I've been watching how you just plow through the bosses. I never thought the technical ring would be so op. I had this mod totally balanced towards the normal ring but it seems the bosses require way more hp for those who choose to play the game with technical ring. I found the multipliers i like and I'm gonna up the hp of almost all of the bosses in the game. I'm sorry if the low hp of the bosses ruined the experience a bit. Update is coming for those who haven't walked over the bosses yet :DDDDD

Nevermind. I really don't know if I wanna optimize this mod for technical ring since it will kinda destroy the experience when playing with normal ring. Sorry to those who prefer the technical ring.

Aw, no need to apologize! It's my fault for breaking the game haha. Honestly, Technical Ring by itself is a nice boost, but technical ring WITH with Lucia's strike oil (with 99 strike expansions...) is completely busted. It's an extra 29% bonus on strikes, including buffs. If you balanced around that the game would be insanely hard for normal ring users. I think I'm going to switch to normal ring for the rest of the game cause I feel like I'm cheapening the late-game experience.

Edited by SirShaggy

Don't feel that way. You may want to switch back to technical ring at least at the final boss cause it's really hard. Then again the seals may help a bit, not sure. I'm just glad you have played the mod that far :DDD

I guess it doesn't matter too much now that I'm 99% of the way done with the game haha. Damn, it's just hit me that I'm already at the end. It's been great to go back and experience this game again after so many years. I just might edit and put my playthrough up on youtube. Maybe not the whole thing since that would require a lot of editing and tons of bandwidth, but we'll see how the reception is (if there is any anyway). If anything, it'll make a good excuse to practice editing.

The smaller enemies in the Neam Ruins part 2 are insanely fast! I think you might want to adjust them a little cause running into the 6-stack of them can be an instant game over since they all go first. Then again, I think this might be the hardest dungeon in the game right? I probably should have done the Dog Shrine first...

Edited by SirShaggy

Hey. After watching your vid I did some gameplay on the 2nd part of Neam Ruins and unfortunately I gotta say the enemies are just right. You are expected to have your party about 90 levelled when exploring the 2nd part of the ruins. When Kurando is lvl90 he will get first turn over the little guys and he can use his light element to take out multiple of them before they get a turn. You have been able to get by lower levelled cause of the seals. You might be able to take on the final boss less than 99 levelled if you play it right. Then again it wouldnt hurt to be maxed out. The dog shrine enemies are just as fast as the ones in neam ruins underground so it doesn't really make a difference much. However the final dungeon enemies are faster than the rest so they should be able to always get a turn first unless the seals somehow made you super fast (i doubt it).

You are free to put the playthrough on youtube of course. Lots of the bosses were altered after you passed them but it'll still make a good show regardless :DDD

Ahhh, I thought that might be the case. I figured I was a bit underleveled as it was but having Kurando and Anastasia, who were SUPER underleveled, in the party really made the difficulty jump. I power leveled a bit offscreen last time I played and got Yuri and Blanca to 90 so that's perfect! I'm planning to stream the finale tomorrow if everything works out!

Thanks! Maybe it'll bring some more players your way. <3

Thanks, I appreciate it. The Man Festival is totally optional since it will only give boost to Joachim that he doesn't even need. Once you beat Orobas you should have all the crests in the game unless you have missed some from previous dungeons. In order to get Solomon crest you will need to have every single crest collected and placed in the solomon board thing and of course beat Solomon. The Solomon crest is not required either tbh but you WILL need Dark Seraphim. I don't remember if you need all crests in order to obtain it. I hope not :P

I've done it! I beat the game! Holy crap dude, I can't believe it's over... Man this has been a blast and I'm real sad that after 60+ hours of playing through this game there really is nothing left. This was such a fun trip down memory lane, and it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for your mod. Thank you so much Zed! Now it's on to other games (first playthrough of Mass Effect 2 coming up), but I shall return with From the New World in the future! Of course I'll be playing my own poor man's "hard mod" of it as well, if you haven't come up with one by then haha.

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't like using Mind's Eye or Oils myself so the later half bosses can be taken down maybe a bit too fast. I totally neglected some elements in the game, mainly the HP of the bosses could be adjusted better. Then again I don't think I'll be editing this mod any further. For someone like me it's pretty much perfect. I love the first 2 Mass Effect games btw. The first one is a bit hard to be beaten on harder modes but the 2nd is pretty good while playing with the highest difficulty. As for the 3rd Shadow Hearts game, it's a hard case for me. I don't like it much anymore. I beat it several times before but I just can't get into it anymore. The whole America setting turns me off. And I think the developers of these JRPGs implemented the games so they could be beaten without using lots of elements in the game. Like FFX feels good when only applying HP, Str and Mag upgrades (it's still a bit easy that way). A big hat raise to Atlus though. Their games are pretty much perfect when either using worst armors or certain armor up to certain point. 99% of JPRGs are dumbed down and can be revived with hard mods. Shin Megami Tensei 3 and Persona 3 on hard modes are legitimate challenges though if you ask me.

This was actually my first time ever using Lucia's oils for real and... Yeah, they're totally broken haha. To be honest, I think if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't use the Mind's Eyes. I messed up so many damn rings because of those things. I think the mod is in a great spot. Even when I was using the strongest combinations in the game the bosses still had some challenge. I started up ME1 instead cause everyone was telling me I should play it first before jumping into ME2. The combat is clunky but I really like all the worldbuilding.

Honestly, From the New World is a guilty pleasure of mine. I used to hate it, but I've gotten used to its wacky antics and it has the best gameplay in the series. The setting is definitely a huge departure which I think works in some ways and falls flat in others. Some locations were very unique and really showed off the Shadow Hearts universe in a brand new setting, but I wish there were more dark locations to go and less pirate ships and area 51... In my From the New World playthrough I'll be using all the worst armor and not using any arc buffs. I might not use Mind's Eyes either this time. Also there won't be any broken oils. Last time I played the game that way and it was actually a nice little challenge, especially towards the end.

I know what you mean. So many RPG's are easy to beat even without using everything in your arsenal. We need more hardmods in the RPG community. Hmm, I've never tried a HP, Str, and Mag only run of FFX. That sounds interesting. Do you still pick up Accuracy and Agility? SMT3 is a great example of a challenging JRPG (Matador can kiss my ass), and Persona 3 is another good one despite the fact that some bosses can be pretty cheap. Digital Devil Saga is a favorite of mine. Plenty of challenges without it ever feeling unfair.

Edited by SirShaggy

I think I still applied accuracy. But I'm pretty sure I made a strict rule of not applying any agility. It's been a while. Still I couldn't beat the final boss of FFX with those rules. But then again it's been a while. I'm pretty sure he is beatable if used everything 100% correctly. I wish I had applied agility when I was at the final boss' front door haha. The First Strike mod on weapons is a total must. I remember I couldn't survive in the omega dungeon though so everything probably can't be beaten in that challenge. The 2 DDS games are really good too. Try beating those without using the combination abilities. DDS1 won't be "that easy smt spin-off" anymore. 

Actually I think ME1 is better game than ME2. ME2 is still great though. I guess the whole "full-humor cutscenes" in SH3 really turn me off the most hahaha. It's so cringy. I remember having the same issue when I used to like the game. I still think Mao and Frank are great characters though. I got huge problem with Johnny.

Aaah ok. He must be beatable somehow since people have done no sphere grid runs before. Probably just takes a ton of preparation and some really busted item/Mix combinations. Is DDS1 considered easy? I thought it was pretty challenging but I did play it when I was younger so. DDS2 was definitely harder, probably because I did a Luck/Agility run. I'm liking ME1 but the combat feels so clunky and the Mako is a friggin bouncy-castle haha. It's a great game with some amazing world buiding but I think I'll enjoy ME2 as a whole more.

Totally agree. The humor in SH3 is so misplaced and unfunny at times. The first two games were funny because it contrasted with the dark serious tone of the plot. SH3 isn't dark at all so the constant humor just feels like a stupid attempt at being "random xD". Haha, honestly, Frank and Mao are my biggest complaints in the game. Too many joke characters. Mao has a nice personality but it's ruined by the fact that she's a cat for no discernible reason whatsoever. Imagine how much cooler she would be if she was an actual human female drunken-fist-using mafia boss. And then Frank... His entire character is a joke. There's nothing serious to take away from him. I don't mind characters like Joachim being set up to be funny, but at least Joachim was semi-serious about things and had some good back and forth between the other characters at times (Joachim/Anastasia). Frank is just there to shout a ridiculous one-liner every now and then while everyone is ignoring him. If these characters were given some sense of believability (Mao not being a cat) and their personalities were balanced to be a bit more serious at times (Frank being able to hold a conversation with the others on the team) I think it would round out the cast a lot better.

And I also think that's why Johnny comes off as a pretty "meh" character. I quite like Johnny actually. It's refreshing to have a dorky average kid as the main character and he has some moments throughout the game that show him to be pretty mature and confident when he needs to be. The problem as I see it is that Johnny is surrounded by a giant drunk talking cat and an insane German ninja. The game puts him in the role of the straight-man going "Hey guys, look at that! Isn't that random? xdddd" constantly. With such a light-hearted and goofy main character I don't think the game really needed three joke characters, especially Frank and Mao. If the cast acted more like mentors to Johnny on his quest, letting him play up the naive dork role while they taught him life lessons along the journey, I think the cast would feel much less like a walking circus bumbling around aimlessly and more like a coherent group of outcasts working as a team to stop Lady.

/end rant

Edited by SirShaggy

I guess I had gotten a bit absorved in the whole joke-after-joke thing that's going on that I kept finding Johnny and the summoner lady irritatingly different. I agree that they could've taken different angle. What's interesting is SHC was supposed to be dark just like the first Shadow Hearts game but players complained that SH1 was too scary so they toned it down. Also, Yuri was supposed to be the villain. Lol. That FFX challenge was "no agility, magic def or def upgrades. I also didn't use Rikku's mixing or overdrive at all. Rikku is still important character since she is much faster than the rest. I'm still convinced that the challenge can be beaten even without Rikku's op mixing. People that say DDS1 is easy are probably those that play Atlus games all the time. DDS1 is a bit easier than DDS2. DDS2 has 3 of those "badass" bosses in the story that are tougher than the rest and the enemies are maybe a little more punishing. I thought ME1 had a better overall atmosphere which made me like it more. Then again it's been a while since I played those games.

They really do play up the silliness way too much. I mean you go from wandering around area 51 looking for clues on one guy's whereabouts, to getting sidetracked by being captured by a child pirate on your way to South America, to getting sidetracked AGAIN by mob fights in Las Vegas. The story and pacing is all over the place. To be honest though, I do like Johnny and Shania as characters. Just wish they had more meaningful dialogue together or with the others. Were they actually going to make Yuri the villain? I thought it was that the marketing team was just trolling everyone by advertising Nicolai as the main lead. Daaamn... That's quite a challenge. Wouldn't be surprised if it could be done though since some people really know how to break FFX using the bare minimum. I've played a lot of Atlus games and I thought DDS1 was a pretty fair challenge. Then again, it was one of my first. Most of the fights come down to having the right setup of abilities to exploit weaknesses and protect your own so if you know what's coming up it's not bad. DDS2 definitely had some harder fights. That big green dude with a bunch of mouths near the end comes to mind... I really liked ME1. It had amazing atmosphere, writing, and world-building. Have to say though, happy to be moving on to ME2. The mechanics have not aged well at all. I was rushing through the Mako and combat sections to get to the cutscenes.

Hello NGPlus community.

This may come as a surprise but I've been changing things a bit in this mod and have come up with version 3.0.

When I first released this mod I thought I had polished things enough when that actually wasn't the case. I have matured as a modder and look things a bit more realistically instead of just buffing the hell out of the enemies.

The changes I made with v3.0 in a nutshell:

- Normal enemies deal less damage (no more crazy one shotting). That still doesn't mean I made them too weak. They still do damage they just don't do THAT much. In addition to that most bosses have increased HP values (this includes the wolf bout enemies). I also decreased experience, cash and soul gained in Paris subway dungeon. Also Neo Astaroth has a bit better agility, and the first 2 bosses are a bit slower but hit harder. Little changes here and there.

I hope I didn't ruin anyone's fun with this mod with the previous versions. If you still have an itch for this game give my updated mod a try! :) 

On 21.5.2018 at 6:11 AM, jack5881 said:

Awesome,this hack is very amazing,thanks for your sharing!:x

Hey no probs! I hope you are having fun playing my mod.