Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zedorfed66

Shadow Hearts: Covenant NTSC - Godslayer v3.33

55 posts in this topic

I beat the mod! It took 90 minutes for Yuri to punch the final boss with Eternal Key and the weakest weapon, lol.

Overall, good work, although I think changing the order/difficulty of the sidequests would be good. Neam Ruins was probably the most annoying one, since it had the hardest enemies, hardest navigation, long times away from a save point (I played on a real PS2, so no save states), and the games forces you to use two characters that may be severely under leveled. In my playthough, I think was naturally around 67 to 69 on my mains and around 54 on my offs by the time I finished the other sidequest dungeons, so there was a lot of grinding to do. Alternatively, making it easy to grind just before Neam Ruins would also be fine.

Additionally, if you use Rage + Energy Charge + Mind's Eye + Third Key on technical ring (Lucia's 100% crit is actually unnecessary), you oneshot bosses, so maybe the post-game bosses need more health.

On 19.6.2018 at 8:49 PM, elltacko said:

I beat the mod! It took 90 minutes for Yuri to punch the final boss with Eternal Key and the weakest weapon, lol.

Overall, good work, although I think changing the order/difficulty of the sidequests would be good. Neam Ruins was probably the most annoying one, since it had the hardest enemies, hardest navigation, long times away from a save point (I played on a real PS2, so no save states), and the games forces you to use two characters that may be severely under leveled. In my playthough, I think was naturally around 67 to 69 on my mains and around 54 on my offs by the time I finished the other sidequest dungeons, so there was a lot of grinding to do. Alternatively, making it easy to grind just before Neam Ruins would also be fine.

Additionally, if you use Rage + Energy Charge + Mind's Eye + Third Key on technical ring (Lucia's 100% crit is actually unnecessary), you oneshot bosses, so maybe the post-game bosses need more health.

Out of the optional dungeons the Neam Ruins is supposed to be done last. Also this mod is scaled to normal ring. Using Technical Ring is basically the easy mode if you are good at hitting the strike areas. I'm gonna release a new version of this mod in a bit.

Hello again. It's me with a new version (v3.33) of the mod. In v3.33 I have disabled the option to buy the Spikes accessory. I've been trying to make the normal enemies more exciting and the Spikes accessory works directly against it, not giving the enemies the chance to combo. There are also other things that I don't like about Spikes. Guarding becomes meaningless, enemies' status effects don't register, the Mutant Apes don't have Spikes equipped, making the Shoki enemies one shot them (it shouldn't be that way) among other things. With v3.33 I also upped the normal enemies' HP so the player can't one shot enemies unless they use right elements. There are also enemies that are tankier than some others so you can no longer one shot them. I'll be focusing on other projects now that I got this patch out. Thanks for all support guys. I'll be updating this mod if I see something's amiss, but I'm pretty confident with how the mod is at this point.

Yeah, I would agree with removing spikes also because the buff management was brutal if an ally died and the the first dungeon of Disk 2 was really brutal because enemies had 9x or 15x hit so without spikes, you'd die, and with spikes you would go berserk, along with probably underleveled party members.

I also remember there were cheesy strategies involving the AI on late game bosses because they had an ally and they would prioritize forming a combo formation with them instead of attacking you, so if you left the enemy alive, they would waste about half their turns.

Oh, even if you cannot one-shot enemies, Gathering into AOE into AOE into AOE still would work very, very well.

On 3.9.2018 at 8:40 PM, elltacko said:

Yeah, I would agree with removing spikes also because the buff management was brutal if an ally died and the the first dungeon of Disk 2 was really brutal because enemies had 9x or 15x hit so without spikes, you'd die, and with spikes you would go berserk, along with probably underleveled party members.

I also remember there were cheesy strategies involving the AI on late game bosses because they had an ally and they would prioritize forming a combo formation with them instead of attacking you, so if you left the enemy alive, they would waste about half their turns.

Oh, even if you cannot one-shot enemies, Gathering into AOE into AOE into AOE still would work very, very well.

Yep you are right. However you don't get the 'Gathering' spell until very late in the game. I hope you like my mod for this game. I'm working on From the New World right now. It's gonna be my next completed project. After that I'm probably gonna do the 1st Shadow Hearts to complete the trilogy.