Sign in to follow this  
zedorfed66

Shadow Hearts: Covenant NTSC - Godslayer v6.50

114 posts in this topic

I beat the mod! It took 90 minutes for Yuri to punch the final boss with Eternal Key and the weakest weapon, lol.

Overall, good work, although I think changing the order/difficulty of the sidequests would be good. Neam Ruins was probably the most annoying one, since it had the hardest enemies, hardest navigation, long times away from a save point (I played on a real PS2, so no save states), and the games forces you to use two characters that may be severely under leveled. In my playthough, I think was naturally around 67 to 69 on my mains and around 54 on my offs by the time I finished the other sidequest dungeons, so there was a lot of grinding to do. Alternatively, making it easy to grind just before Neam Ruins would also be fine.

Additionally, if you use Rage + Energy Charge + Mind's Eye + Third Key on technical ring (Lucia's 100% crit is actually unnecessary), you oneshot bosses, so maybe the post-game bosses need more health.

On 19.6.2018 at 8:49 PM, elltacko said:

I beat the mod! It took 90 minutes for Yuri to punch the final boss with Eternal Key and the weakest weapon, lol.

Overall, good work, although I think changing the order/difficulty of the sidequests would be good. Neam Ruins was probably the most annoying one, since it had the hardest enemies, hardest navigation, long times away from a save point (I played on a real PS2, so no save states), and the games forces you to use two characters that may be severely under leveled. In my playthough, I think was naturally around 67 to 69 on my mains and around 54 on my offs by the time I finished the other sidequest dungeons, so there was a lot of grinding to do. Alternatively, making it easy to grind just before Neam Ruins would also be fine.

Additionally, if you use Rage + Energy Charge + Mind's Eye + Third Key on technical ring (Lucia's 100% crit is actually unnecessary), you oneshot bosses, so maybe the post-game bosses need more health.

Out of the optional dungeons the Neam Ruins is supposed to be done last. Also this mod is scaled to normal ring. Using Technical Ring is basically the easy mode if you are good at hitting the strike areas. I'm gonna release a new version of this mod in a bit.

Hello again. It's me with a new version (v3.33) of the mod. In v3.33 I have disabled the option to buy the Spikes accessory. I've been trying to make the normal enemies more exciting and the Spikes accessory works directly against it, not giving the enemies the chance to combo. There are also other things that I don't like about Spikes. Guarding becomes meaningless, enemies' status effects don't register, the Mutant Apes don't have Spikes equipped, making the Shoki enemies one shot them (it shouldn't be that way) among other things. With v3.33 I also upped the normal enemies' HP so the player can't one shot enemies unless they use right elements. There are also enemies that are tankier than some others so you can no longer one shot them. I'll be focusing on other projects now that I got this patch out. Thanks for all support guys. I'll be updating this mod if I see something's amiss, but I'm pretty confident with how the mod is at this point.

Yeah, I would agree with removing spikes also because the buff management was brutal if an ally died and the the first dungeon of Disk 2 was really brutal because enemies had 9x or 15x hit so without spikes, you'd die, and with spikes you would go berserk, along with probably underleveled party members.

I also remember there were cheesy strategies involving the AI on late game bosses because they had an ally and they would prioritize forming a combo formation with them instead of attacking you, so if you left the enemy alive, they would waste about half their turns.

Oh, even if you cannot one-shot enemies, Gathering into AOE into AOE into AOE still would work very, very well.

On 3.9.2018 at 8:40 PM, elltacko said:

Yeah, I would agree with removing spikes also because the buff management was brutal if an ally died and the the first dungeon of Disk 2 was really brutal because enemies had 9x or 15x hit so without spikes, you'd die, and with spikes you would go berserk, along with probably underleveled party members.

I also remember there were cheesy strategies involving the AI on late game bosses because they had an ally and they would prioritize forming a combo formation with them instead of attacking you, so if you left the enemy alive, they would waste about half their turns.

Oh, even if you cannot one-shot enemies, Gathering into AOE into AOE into AOE still would work very, very well.

Yep you are right. However you don't get the 'Gathering' spell until very late in the game. I hope you like my mod for this game. I'm working on From the New World right now. It's gonna be my next completed project. After that I'm probably gonna do the 1st Shadow Hearts to complete the trilogy.

Hello fellow Godslayers.

It's me with a somewhat important update to this mod. I've done some precise testing on the enemies' power levels and found out more monsters could one shot the party members than I initially thought. What I did with v4.0 was lower the enemies' physical damage so they won't be able to one shot anyone if they happen to get a lucky critical strike as long as the player is not too far from the set level.

In addition I adjusted their magic power based on their physical stats. The magic damage they deal is pretty much the same as before. These changes are not made to remove challenge from the mod, but only to balance things out and make the game more enjoyable. I also balanced the early bosses based on the changes I did to the random encounters. None of the bosses after 'Mother Filaria' were altered, with the only exception the 'Fuujin & Raijin' boss near the end. They have slightly lower physical damage now. With that said they will combo you to death if you don't have defense up.

Also, the 'Gigafilaria' gatekeepers now have slightly lower hp, so those that can deal high damage will be able to one shot them.

Give my updated mod a try if you feel like it. I will now be focusing on From the New World where I will be making changes to the normal enemies similarly as I have done here.

So are castor and pollux supposed to be so buffed up in this or do i have a bug or maybe i'm supposed to grind some levels? i got there with everyone at level 7, and first attempt each of of them took 3 turns consecutively(6 consecutive total), comboing and killing off two characters without much trouble before i got a single turn, leaving me with only yuri and karin. after yuri and karin take their turns, they again had 6 turns which was basically a game over. tried another time and it was a little better it was more like 4 turns at the start and then 4-6 turns after my characters got a turn, which was still pretty brutal. i think even if i had all my characters spamming luck talisman/healing items/cure they'd still be out damaging all my healing.  When i get some more free time i will try again after hitting level 8. I took the water dress on the logic that hail breeze is the best level 1 spell and i though I't give gapeto a bit of an edge in the boss fight since I could focus down the water one with karin's fire sword arts, yuri's fire fusion rage, and gapetto using the fire crest magic, blanca healing.  

edit 1: as a side note, one of my first subway encounter was an with an enma(?) with like 5 rats i think too. and i think they all got to go before i did. was incredibly painful Heh. it seemed alright after that, with only one more particularly brutal "you are surrounded" encounter

Edit 2: wow, what a difference a level(8) makes. that little extra hit point buffer and probably one or two extra turns i gained made all the difference in the world.

Edited by vhatever

On 1.8.2019 at 2:03 PM, vhatever said:

So are castor and pollux supposed to be so buffed up in this or do i have a bug or maybe i'm supposed to grind some levels? i got there with everyone at level 7, and first attempt each of of them took 3 turns consecutively(6 consecutive total), comboing and killing off two characters without much trouble before i got a single turn, leaving me with only yuri and karin. after yuri and karin take their turns, they again had 6 turns which was basically a game over. tried another time and it was a little better it was more like 4 turns at the start and then 4-6 turns after my characters got a turn, which was still pretty brutal. i think even if i had all my characters spamming luck talisman/healing items/cure they'd still be out damaging all my healing.  When i get some more free time i will try again after hitting level 8. I took the water dress on the logic that hail breeze is the best level 1 spell and i though I't give gapeto a bit of an edge in the boss fight since I could focus down the water one with karin's fire sword arts, yuri's fire fusion rage, and gapetto using the fire crest magic, blanca healing.  

edit 1: as a side note, one of my first subway encounter was an with an enma(?) with like 5 rats i think too. and i think they all got to go before i did. was incredibly painful Heh. it seemed alright after that, with only one more particularly brutal "you are surrounded" encounter

Edit 2: wow, what a difference a level(8) makes. that little extra hit point buffer and probably one or two extra turns i gained made all the difference in the world.

Hey, thanks for giving my mods a go :D yep you are supposed to be 8 levelled before that boss. And since both of them are able to use magic it's better to have Gepetto with the non-elemental dress. That's actually the first boss that has significantly higher agility. You will be needing enough Thera items in the bosses to come along with Talismans (in late bosses you have powerful healing magic so that's not as prevalent then). I suggest you keep several save files just in case for there will be segments in the game where you're trapped on boss and can't buy items before beating them (one wouldn't necessarily notice these points in the game since the game is so easy). Let me know if you need help on anything. I'll be glad to help ;P

6 hours ago, ronlyn said:

@zedorfed66 quick question: Can you use this mod with a undub version of the game?

Hey again Ronlyn. I hope your weekend is going smoothly.

There might be a way if the version is NTSC-U. It all depends whether the code sections are in exact same places in the game images. Even if they're not you should be able to paste the edited changes into the undub version if both the original and undub version are same region (in this case NTSC-U). However in order to do so you will need to compare the 'orig. unmodded Covenant' and 'unmodded undub Covenant' to find the changes between them. I think you will need a program called "delta maker" in order to do this. Once delta maker has created you a file that is used to change 'orig. unmodded Covenant' into 'unmodded undub Covenant' you can do that even with the 'orig. modded Covenant'. The change that occurs will not affect the modded values, and even if they're not in same places in the code they will be moved automatically. I think the program you need is delta maker. I have been modding FFX International undub and I'm able to transfer the modded values the same way between the 2.

Edit: I think the program is called "delta patcher". Haven't been using that in a while but if you need help in this matter I can get more deep into it.

Edited by zedorfed66
text edit

I plan on playing the new version of your mod and this time I will try to avoid using technical ring!

However, can you give me a spreadsheet or list of recommended levels for each boss? 

I felt as if I might have been under leveled on my previous playthrough and there were some difficulty spikes that might have been avoided if I was properly leveled.

2 hours ago, elltacko said:

I plan on playing the new version of your mod and this time I will try to avoid using technical ring!

However, can you give me a spreadsheet or list of recommended levels for each boss? 

I felt as if I might have been under leveled on my previous playthrough and there were some difficulty spikes that might have been avoided if I was properly leveled.

Hi and thanks for giving my mod a whirl!

Here are the optimal levels to take on the bosses in their respective dungeons:

2          Apoina Tower
5          Ardennes Forest
8          Paris Subway
12        Wine Cellar
14        Rhondda Mine
17        Manmariana Island
18        S.G. Headquarters
20        Neam Ruins
25        St. Marguerite
29        Winter Palace
31        Mirror Palace
33        Gallery of the Dead
35        Hermitage
39        Idar Flamme
42        Apoina Tower 2

45        Battleship Mikasa
49        Otherworld
51        Nihonbashi
56        Hojo Research Lab
59        Purgatory
63        Immortal Mountain
64        Azabu Kamiyashiki
68        Queen's Garden

72        Tiffauges Castle
78        Doll House
86        Black Forest
86-89   Dog Shrine
92        Neam Ruins Underground
99        The Vessel

If I recall correctly all optional content can be done at least 92 levelled. After that it's simply the leveling in 'The Vessel' before taking on the final bosses.

Thanks for the quick reply for information!

Now that I'm looking at these levels, I'm pretty sure I was very under leveled, being somewhere between 5 to 15 levels under leveled for most of the game. However, I don't have save history, so I don't know for sure how under leveled I was, so I could be wrong. When I replay, I'll try to gain about the same amount of EXP and find out how under leveled I was on my first playthrough.

2 hours ago, elltacko said:

Thanks for the quick reply for information!

Now that I'm looking at these levels, I'm pretty sure I was very under leveled, being somewhere between 5 to 15 levels under leveled for most of the game. However, I don't have save history, so I don't know for sure how under leveled I was, so I could be wrong. When I replay, I'll try to gain about the same amount of EXP and find out how under leveled I was on my first playthrough.

It happens: I am playing the first one with Imbroglio installed and I got my ass kicked so hard until I got @zedorfed66 to hand me over the level suggested per place. How much did you enjoy this mod? I'm practically at the end of the first one (With A LOT of critic to be honest) and would be nice to have something to push me on the finish line and into the next game in the trilogy

On 12/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, ronlyn said:

It happens: I am playing the first one with Imbroglio installed and I got my ass kicked so hard until I got @zedorfed66 to hand me over the level suggested per place. How much did you enjoy this mod? I'm practically at the end of the first one (With A LOT of critic to be honest) and would be nice to have something to push me on the finish line and into the next game in the trilogy

I played his 3.0 version of his mod. It was pretty difficult, which isn't surprising since I was underleveled.

I overall enjoyed the mod because it felt like the mechanics were incredibly focused on managing buffs (agility up and defending sp cost down being mandatory, along with multiplicative buff stacking being the best way to achieve damage), healing (due to the really high incoming damage from a boss as they would usually get about 4 or 5 turns for every 5 to 6 turns that I have, after agility up), and somehow finding the time to do damage. Deciding what to do on my turn was pretty difficult (Heal? Buff? Am I healthy enough so that I could do some damage?) and the game was really rewarding when I would win by playing smarter.

There were definitely times though that because I was underleveled, the game was unreasonably difficult. The most notable time was sometime on Disk 2, where you have to fight a boss after doing something like a minute or two of mob fights with the Mutant Apes. That boss went three times before I went and would AOE me to death; I had to switch to the base game to get past that because I'm pretty sure you can't fight random encounters before that boss during that event, so I couldn't grind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, due to surprise attacks in the early through mid game, dying to a random encounter was a matter of when, not if, due to them killing you before you have a turn to go. So that's something you have to be okay with. It's mitigated when you get an accessory that prevents ambushes, but the final dungeon's enemy agility is high enough that that can still happen.

Also, the balance of the characters isn't very good, but I'm pretty sure zedor didn't rebalance the characters from vanilla, so it's not their fault.

Edited by elltacko
Added more things I remembered

4 hours ago, elltacko said:

I played his 3.0 version of his mod. It was pretty difficult, which isn't surprising since I was underleveled.

I overall enjoyed the mod because it felt like the mechanics were incredibly focused on managing buffs (agility up and defending sp cost down being mandatory, along with multiplicative buff stacking being the best way to achieve damage), healing (due to the really high incoming damage from a boss as they would usually get about 4 or 5 turns for every 5 to 6 turns that I have, after agility up), and somehow finding the time to do damage. Deciding what to do on my turn was pretty difficult (Heal? Buff? Am I healthy enough so that I could do some damage?) and the game was really rewarding when I would win by playing smarter.

There were definitely times though that because I was underleveled, the game was unreasonably difficult. The most notable time was sometime on Disk 2, where you have to fight a boss after doing something like a minute or two of mob fights with the Mutant Apes. That boss went three times before I went and would AOE me to death; I had to switch to the base game to get past that because I'm pretty sure you can't fight random encounters before that boss during that event, so I couldn't grind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, due to surprise attacks in the early through mid game, dying to a random encounter was a matter of when, not if, due to them killing you before you have a turn to go. So that's something you have to be okay with. It's mitigated when you get an accessory that prevents ambushes, but the final dungeon's enemy agility is high enough that that can still happen.

Also, the balance of the characters isn't very good, but I'm pretty sure zedor didn't rebalance the characters from vanilla, so it's not their fault.

Happy new year everyone!

I'm glad you also found positives to my mod. If I recall correctly I changed lots of stuff with the random encounters between v.3.0 and 4.0. Now they shouldn't ever be able to one-shot you to game over screen if you have the best equipment and enter new dungeons in the recommended levels of the previous ones. Final dungeon enemies shouldn't be able to now either (they're still super fast though). You can level at Nihonbashi park before fighting the boss (it's not unusual to miss this).

8 hours ago, zedorfed66 said:

Happy new year everyone!

I'm glad you also found positives to my mod. If I recall correctly I changed lots of stuff with the random encounters between v.3.0 and 4.0. Now they shouldn't ever be able to one-shot you to game over screen if you have the best equipment and enter new dungeons in the recommended levels of the previous ones. Final dungeon enemies shouldn't be able to now either (they're still super fast though). You can level at Nihonbashi park before fighting the boss (it's not unusual to miss this).

Happy new year!

Honestly, I'm okay with randomly dying to random encounters.

It sounds kinda stupid, but you can deal with randomly dying to random encounters by changing the way you navigate the dungeon. By emphasizing save points while doing dungeons (most Shadow Hearts 2 dungeons are not very big and save points are fairly common), you can make incremental progress by going back to the save points after doing a puzzle or getting an important item.

Navigating dungeons was then pretty scary and you get the risk/reward of either going further into the dungeon for a save point or items and possibly dying vs. retreating for a save point. So, there was a lot of tension and fear while moving through the dungeon because I could randomly die. And whenever I reached a save point, whether a new one or while retreating to a save point (because you can still die on your way back), there was always a breath of relief and happiness.

I also appreciate that the dungeon design in Shadow Hearts 2 was a little unrefined at times, so save points were actually kinda unpredictable when they would actually show up, making reaching a new save point surprising and relieving, rather than "oh, I'm pretty sure it's time for a save point? Yup, there it is."

So when I got the accessory that prevented back attacks, although the game was more fair, the tension of going through the dungeons disappeared. (But at the same time, that occurred around the time I was able to start oneshot bosses with buff stacking, so it was also okay because then after struggling through the game for so long, it felt incredibly powerful being able to go through dungeons and bosses without breaking a sweat while being incredibly underleveled.)

Alright cool, that's very useful to know that I can grind in Nihonbashi Park. This is also weird to say, but even though I missed that you could grind and ended up finding the boss unreasonably difficult, it was still fun switching to the base game, getting like 4 to 6 turns to the boss's 1 turn and messing with the boss into a super overkill buff stacked oneshot was also fun. The feeling was like "lol, the base game is really, really easy (and I might've been overleveled for the base game), so that's the reason why I'm playing on hard mode." Partly because of not actually finding it unfun and partly being pretty sure that I was underleveled was why I didn't mention it originally. I was okay with it being unreasonable for me.

I think that unlike other players, I tend to appreciate jankiness and unrefined gameplay because it tends to give a sense of unpredictability, wonder, discovery, and cleverness whenever you figure out a way around the jank. And a lot of times, when players complain about unfair or unrefined mechanics, there are usually ways to play around and avoid the issue. Me included, apparently, with the Nihonbashi park encounters, lol.

Finally, just because a design can make you feel annoyed, frustrated, cheated, angry, or even bored at times, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad design. If art is about making you feel emotion, why aren't those valid emotions to make you feel? A game that makes me feel those "negative" feelings is definitely more interesting than a game that always tries to make you feel good emotions.

So yes, I really enjoyed my time with your mod, including the unenjoyable or unreasonable parts of it. That's why is why I want to replay it, especially on the new version to see how things change. Will I like it as much? Will I find new things to like? Even if I like the new version less, it's still okay because it will probably clarify my feelings on why I like the previous version more, even though the new version is very likely better.

Sorry for this long post, I feel like maybe that you got the impression that the things I mentioned were "bad" (and to be fair, the things I mentioned were phrased as issues with the mod), but that's not how I feel at all.

Also, my posts from 2018 are probably not representative of how I feel now after 1.5 years of expanding what I think "good" is.

Edited by elltacko
clarification

21 hours ago, elltacko said:

Happy new year!

Honestly, I'm okay with randomly dying to random encounters.

It sounds kinda stupid, but you can deal with randomly dying to random encounters by changing the way you navigate the dungeon. By emphasizing save points while doing dungeons (most Shadow Hearts 2 dungeons are not very big and save points are fairly common), you can make incremental progress by going back to the save points after doing a puzzle or getting an important item.

Navigating dungeons was then pretty scary and you get the risk/reward of either going further into the dungeon for a save point or items and possibly dying vs. retreating for a save point. So, there was a lot of tension and fear while moving through the dungeon because I could randomly die. And whenever I reached a save point, whether a new one or while retreating to a save point (because you can still die on your way back), there was always a breath of relief and happiness.

I also appreciate that the dungeon design in Shadow Hearts 2 was a little unrefined at times, so save points were actually kinda unpredictable when they would actually show up, making reaching a new save point surprising and relieving, rather than "oh, I'm pretty sure it's time for a save point? Yup, there it is."

So when I got the accessory that prevented back attacks, although the game was more fair, the tension of going through the dungeons disappeared. (But at the same time, that occurred around the time I was able to start oneshot bosses with buff stacking, so it was also okay because then after struggling through the game for so long, it felt incredibly powerful being able to go through dungeons and bosses without breaking a sweat while being incredibly underleveled.)

Alright cool, that's very useful to know that I can grind in Nihonbashi Park. This is also weird to say, but even though I missed that you could grind and ended up finding the boss unreasonably difficult, it was still fun switching to the base game, getting like 4 to 6 turns to the boss's 1 turn and messing with the boss into a super overkill buff stacked oneshot was also fun. The feeling was like "lol, the base game is really, really easy (and I might've been overleveled for the base game), so that's the reason why I'm playing on hard mode." Partly because of not actually finding it unfun and partly being pretty sure that I was underleveled was why I didn't mention it originally. I was okay with it being unreasonable for me.

I think that unlike other players, I tend to appreciate jankiness and unrefined gameplay because it tends to give a sense of unpredictability, wonder, discovery, and cleverness whenever you figure out a way around the jank. And a lot of times, when players complain about unfair or unrefined mechanics, there are usually ways to play around and avoid the issue. Me included, apparently, with the Nihonbashi park encounters, lol.

Finally, just because a design can make you feel annoyed, frustrated, cheated, angry, or even bored at times, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad design. If art is about making you feel emotion, why aren't those valid emotions to make you feel? A game that makes me feel those "negative" feelings is definitely more interesting than a game that always tries to make you feel good emotions.

So yes, I really enjoyed my time with your mod, including the unenjoyable or unreasonable parts of it. That's why is why I want to replay it, especially on the new version to see how things change. Will I like it as much? Will I find new things to like? Even if I like the new version less, it's still okay because it will probably clarify my feelings on why I like the previous version more, even though the new version is very likely better.

Sorry for this long post, I feel like maybe that you got the impression that the things I mentioned were "bad" (and to be fair, the things I mentioned were phrased as issues with the mod), but that's not how I feel at all.

Also, my posts from 2018 are probably not representative of how I feel now after 1.5 years of expanding what I think "good" is.

That's interesting. I kinda wanted to make a super hard mod at first but my thoughts have changed a bit. The way Shadow Hearts games are balanced making the enemies "balls-to-the-walls" hard would only work in some dungeons and some dungeons would be super easy compared to them. Also the normal enemies' stats would be higher than bosses and I didn't want that. And if I made bosses an overkill I couldn't make them faster or they'd totally annihilate the player party. I learned stuff after modding all 3 Shadow Hearts games and made similar changes to normal encounters and bosses alike.

The games are all kinda similar in a way and I like the combat in all of them so it was important for me to make the mods as perfect as possible in my own vision. The normal encounters are naturally harder in the 1st Shadow Hearts game simply cause it has different battle system. Then again in that game the bosses are simpler so it kind of balances things up. I think the 3rd game has equal challenge with bosses and normal encounters. In Covenant I think the bosses are more challenging than normal foes.

Hi again.

So I decided to make a better 2020 and release version 4.1 of this mod. It only changes the 'Koshoki' enemy's HP back to the original. I pondered for a long time whether it was worth updating this mod just for 1 change but here we are! Have fun.

@zedorfed66 big question, how you can see if the mod was successfully installed? I just went and beat Castor & Pollux and I don't think it's supposed to be that easy (for the record, castor got decimated and by my calculations he had the same hp as vanilla and with everyone at lvl 7)

Edited by ronlyn

1 hour ago, ronlyn said:

@zedorfed66 big question, how you can see if the mod was successfully installed? I just went and beat Castor & Pollux and I don't think it's supposed to be that easy (for the record, castor got decimated and by my calculations he had the same hp as vanilla and with everyone at lvl 7)

Hey again.

They're supposed to have 6x their original agility so you should definitely see the difference. You could reinstall the mod on original game image just in case.

Edit: This mod was designed for NTSC-U version of the game and it may not work with undub. Also I think if the game image is not original (modded in some way) the mod may not install.

If you have hex editor you can check if the mod was installed correctly by looking at the value in address 0x31888B9E it should be "48" instead of "0C" as in 72 instead of 12. That's the agility for Castor.

Edited by zedorfed66
text edit

Hey again dear NGPlus community.

I created a new version of this mod for those who're craving more challenge from it. v5.0 is not only a more hardcore take on the mod, but I also got things done for it more correctly to my liking and things look more cohesive now.

Here's a rundown of what was changed in 5.0:

-Final dungeon enemies' health multiplier is now *2 instead of *1.5.

-Enemy physical damage increased (significantly at times) with magic damage balanced with the PD multipliers. You will be required to cast Arc Shield and Arc Barrier on bosses this time around.

-Normal encounter enemies' agility increased the way they're no longer scaled to Yuri, but to the party member with highest agl value. After looking more closely at the agl values I was able to figure out how the optional dungeons' enemies were meant to be handled, thanks to looking at the agl value of Kurando instead of Yuri.

With these changes now the recommended levels for following dungeons are as follows:

Tiffauges Castle: 72

Doll House: 79

Dog Shrine: 81

Black Forest: 86

Neam Ruins Underground: 93

'Guardian' boss can still be done right after 'King Tamakos'. 'Dark Seraphim' and 'King Solomon' bosses can be done right after clearing Neam Ruins Underground.

Edited by zedorfed66

14 hours ago, zedorfed66 said:

Hey again dear NGPlus community.

I created a new version of this mod for those who're craving more challenge from it. v5.0 is not only a more hardcore take on the mod, but I also got things done for it more correctly to my liking and things look more cohesive now.

Here's a rundown of what was changed in 5.0:

-Final dungeon enemies' health multiplier is now *2 instead of *1.5.

-Enemy physical damage increased (significantly at times) with magic damage balanced with the PD multipliers. You will be required to cast Arc Shield and Arc Barrier on bosses this time around.

-Normal encounter enemies' agility increased the way they're no longer scaled to Yuri, but to the party member with highest agl value. After looking more closely at the agl values I was able to figure out how the optional dungeons' enemies were meant to be handled, thanks to looking at the agl value of Kurando instead of Yuri.

With these changes now the recommended levels for following dungeons are as follows:

Tiffauges Castle: 72

Doll House: 79

Dog Shrine: 81

Black Forest: 86

Neam Ruins Underground: 93

'Guardian' boss can still be done right after 'King Tamakos'. 'Dark Seraphim' and 'King Solomon' bosses can be done right after clearing Neam Ruins Underground.

Welp, good thing I didn't plan to tackle this before my Trails in the Sky the 3rd LLG (Gotta publish my SC LLG run now that I think about it). 

13 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Welp, good thing I didn't plan to tackle this before my Trails in the Sky the 3rd LLG (Gotta publish my SC LLG run now that I think about it). 

I'm glad you're showing interest. I hope you enjoy it if you plan to try it at some point.

Wow, I was taking a trip down memory lane here and you're still updating this mod! Hey again Zed! It's Shaggy, the dude who streamed your mod a couple years ago. I got the Shadow Hearts fever and was thinking of doing another playthrough of Covenant at some point. How's your FtNW modding coming along? That's another one I played through doing my own ruleset of no armor/buffs/keys, which is a nice challenge in the later fights. A couple of my viewers liked the playthrough so much they've been asking me when I'll show them Covenant so of course I'm treating them to watching me get my ass kicked with your mod haha. Can't wait to see the changes you've made! Hope you've been doing well man! Good to see you're still putting good work out. :)

Edited by SirShaggy