Sign in to follow this  
velsper

What size is unmodified file?

5 posts in this topic

Really interesting mod, so I went to try and patch it up. The file size I have is 4,270,227,456 bytes/3.97 gb, but the patcher gave me this: An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT. What size should it be?

That is the correct file size.  A checksum failure indicates that the contents of the file are different from what's expected, not necessarily the size.  The original image that was used to create this patch is called SMTNOCTURNE.MDF.  At one time, this seemed to be the most popular image, but it kinda seems like it has fallen out of favor recently... I'm going to have to investigate the differences between the vanilla images and see what I can do to make a more broadly compatible patch.

If xdelt3 will let you, you could try just patching it anyway.  I doubt the images would be different in any way that would affect my changes.

I had a similar issue (using an image from the game disc I own). Interestingly enough, the v1.4 patch patches successfully for me, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the v1.5 patch.

Attempting to run the mispatched v1.5 game did not work at all (or if it does, it takes forever to load), so that's not an option either.

I've updated the patch to v1.5.1 to hopefully improve its compatibility.  Enough people have had issues with v1.5 to make me think something is wrong with the patch.  Please let me know if this fixes the issue.