raics

Feedback and Suggestions

599 posts in this topic

Don't mind the weapon descriptions, still haven't done them yet and they aren't important anyway. I'll probably revisit the power and level requirements of endgame weapons for next patch, they mostly follow the vanilla order but it should probably be the difficulty of obtaining them.

I tested the code again on another save and it adds only cursed weapons.

Saw you asked about the reason to use Kuiper Belt over Grand Cross, the former also resets RT countdown so it's more powerful if your target is about to act.

Edited by raics

Great to know about that one, sounds like a good reason to use that comety overdrive sweetness.

These cursed weapons look really friggin cool. Also really liking the new backgrounds, they're quite nifty. These are all named after FFT Zodiacs, right?

Thank You for the magic code that makes cool stuff happen!

Edited by coffee potato

Is there anyway to make necroprentice and dark priest marks more accessible? There is an enormous amount of red tape around those classes for no reason.

5 hours ago, coffee potato said:

The Crissaegrim seems to only be hitting once. 

Ah, crap, forgot to test that.

39 minutes ago, AstralMachine said:

Is there anyway to make necroprentice and dark priest marks more accessible? There is an enormous amount of red tape around those classes for no reason.

All classmarks (except golem and dragon) can be either bought or crafted in the mod.

100% hit chance abilities are causing Cursed weapons to insta-kill every time. I was almost an hour into part 99 when it became clear that a necromancer had taken out several units with his anti tank rifle disguised as a crossbow. He then went and did 800 damage on Candyce and saved a crap ton of time. Best bug ever for PotD.

Edited by coffee potato

I thought this was common knowledge, but every on hit effect has 100% chance to trigger when using Fearful Impact, Mighty Impact, and such.

I remember mentioning that I was using my Lord with a 2H katana because it would always reset TP with mighty impact.

Now that I think of it, you have. Never mind, I wasn't terribly fond if instakill anyway because of chariot, we'll think of something else.

What about Curse on hit? They are cursed weapons, after all. Oooh, or a chance for Stop on hit?

One Vision werner 2.jpg

^ Insta-kill Crossbowmancer, You will be missed. RIP in absurdness.

(Is there any way to help You look for the Kill Chariot button?)

Edited by coffee potato

Dunno about a guaranteed curse, that's just 15% life they can't heal back and there's no point in reapplying, might lack the oomph and stop is kinda common.

Maybe guaranteed RT delay or percentage of target HP, those effects are nifty because I can set them to different values, a dagger might cause 10% damage and a 2h hammer 20%. Then again, those are common too, maybe I should just revert it to double hit now that I can set their stats to whatever I want and do something else with Crissaegrim.

That chariot killing will have to wait until I understand the code better, if anyone here knows mips he can go ahead and give it a shot.

Edited by raics

Neither, unfortunately, you can choose the target for added effects on skills so they can affect the user if you targeted something else and vice versa, but not for weapon hits. Permanent status effects on items aren't a thing in general.

Yeah, it would be cool if I could make them real powerful with some kind of nasty drawback, if that's what you were going for.

Edited by raics

Not sure if this is doable but can you scale debuff spells according to the enemies' hp? E.g  the lower their current hp, the higher the chance that they would be inflicted by debuff spells.

Or at least increase the success chance of dark element - debuff spells to compensate their lack of AoE.

If it's doable, I have no idea how. Dark status spells are penalized on purpose either by AoE or duration because you're getting a better selection.

Just wondering, anyone found a good build for Ninja and Warlock? 

Also, is it normal for enemy's Cleric to dispel Charm instantly? Like, the effect doesn't even last for a single turn.

I know Cleric can dispel it quickly but to dispel it right when the unit get its turn...  :poker:

The exact formula for status duration is still unknown so it's anyone's guess what's going on there but there's an amount of variance involved for sure and it also likely depends on how much RT did the unit start with that turn. Charm is a very powerful status so I'd be fine if inflicting it on a target that's about to move is the only surefire way to get something out of it.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:54 AM, Viz said:

Just wondering, anyone found a good build for Ninja and Warlock? 

Also, is it normal for enemy's Cleric to dispel Charm instantly? Like, the effect doesn't even last for a single turn.

I know Cleric can dispel it quickly but to dispel it right when the unit get its turn...  :poker:

Warlocks are friggin fantastic as light frontliner sword and board units. Just stack evasion on a warlock with your choice of weapon, and let them kinda hang out taking opportunities to use Mindblast to throw units off of stuff. It's hilarious the kind of nonsense You can pull with that move. Sometimes it's good to use it just to make an opening, but personally I prefer a 1kh/shield setup, their counter will occasionally remove a killmove, and they can just generally adapt to a lot of situations, whether You need them for suppressing some units (I have mine with air, so balmy breeze), doing some AoE damage, or if You just want them trying to carve off TP, they're quite good. 

Ninjas are best for sneak attacks, which may seem like a "yeah, idiot, You don't say" kind of thing, but two daggers or a fist and a dagger work really well if combined with their movement speed. Have someone else distracting their mages or ranged units, or pop deflect on the ninja, and just go to town on their squishies. Best case scenario: Dead. Worse cast, debuffed. It's nifty!

Consider bringing back Resistance and Constitution skill for melee classes like Warrior and Valkyrie to increase their tankiness. 

Edited by Viz

3 hours ago, Viz said:

Consider bringing back Resistance and Constitution skill for melee classes like Warrior and Valkyrie to increase their tankiness. 

That 100% won't happen, with the low opportunity cost of skill slot in the mod it would be the same as just giving them a survivability boost straight out, which would be a better way to go about it. Besides, those two classes are tanky enough, a warrior in full heavy gear tanks only slightly worse than a knight.

Idk, I found Warrior is vulnerable to pretty much everything. Its mostly spells that become the bane of Warrior.. or even other melee units. 

We have a fairly reliable option to offset physical damage by getting Parry, Deflect and AVD stacking, on top of whatever buffs, items and tarot card that gives similar effect. 

But for magic, there's only buffs, item and tarot. 

Alternatives

- Bringing back Spellward?

- Give more RES option to gears? Maybe Spears could be given RES instead of AVD? I'm just throwing random ideas at this point.

- Buff RES/HP stat from gears?

If you want to be able to take a lot of spell damage you kinda need a shield, preferably a large one, some classes are kinda resistant but can't just stand there and take it in most cases, the way a knight or angel knight can. Most pure mages are intentionally squishy as wet toilet paper and aren't terribly evasive (unlike archers) so they're supposed to have a reliably high damage output to offset that, that makes them extremely tempting targets and everything about that is fully intended. In vanilla game they would stop doing damage to you around act3 and wouldn't be able to hit you with anything so you'd leave them for last regardless of how easy to kill they are, that's probably one of the main differences in the mod, there are enemies you really want to kill.