raics

Feedback and Suggestions

599 posts in this topic

Why are you asking for the return of stat-up skills?

They're either absolutely necessary or absolutely useless. That's bad design, and just baking their bonus into the classes' innate stats was the right call. Skills should be choices.

Can you make enemies to not get any bags or cards on battle? It annoys me so much when it happens. 
Is there a way to make the game harder with stronger enemies? 

They'd still do it by accident even if the AI wasn't inclined to do so, I suppose, and I wouldn't give them the instruction to avoid the bags and cards because that would make no sense. All this assuming I knew how to do it in the first place, of course. If I knew how, the best and simplest solution would probably be to remove the interaction with bags so you can't pick them up while the battle is going on and they're just scooped up afterwards. It might also be possible to have enemies drop cards as random loot and it would be easy to transfer the stat boosting effect to actually using the card. On the flip side, that would make it too easy to focus on creating one broken character.

Sure, it's possible, bosses, leaders and generics are already stronger, your unique characters are weaker, more classes are dangerous and the game isn't as prone to exploits so it's already somewhat harder. I'm not trying to make a difficulty mod, though, but I'd like to have a hardcore version of the mod without chariot and death timers, if possible.

Yes please keep Constitution, Spellward, etc. away. Removing them was one of the best possible changes to the game, and even after that, I'm still struggling to choose all the skills I want on a character (but in a good way this time).

Chariot has already a soft cap of 50 turns, right? What about changing the soft cap to say 5 turns? That way, it's way harder to manipulate RNG and abuse the system, and it still has the good things about chariot.

Awesome Mod! In the first battle of the Balmamusa Dead quest to recruit Cressida, I "evacuate" Oelias. It does not seem to register her as rescued, and the battle just keeps repeating itself every time I go back to Balmamusa. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Otherwise, incredible mod and I am enjoying this game a lot more than the vanilla version. Thank You!

2 hours ago, Rbkcainnech said:

Awesome Mod! In the first battle of the Balmamusa Dead quest to recruit Cressida, I "evacuate" Oelias. It does not seem to register her as rescued, and the battle just keeps repeating itself every time I go back to Balmamusa. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Otherwise, incredible mod and I am enjoying this game a lot more than the vanilla version. Thank You!

Hmm, that's most likely because she starts the battle knocked out and needs to be revived to trigger her dialogue. I could just give Spellblade a reviving skill as a temporary measure until I get the next patch out, I'll post it in soon.

Thanks for modding one of my favourite games, I was way too excited when I saw that this was a thing.

I usually prefer running full generic teams, so now that some OP uniques characters have been brought down, are generics somewhat comparable?

Also, which of the previously weaker classes are showing to be more viable with the mod (I am liking the Cleric changes so far)

Yes, generics have more specialized templates now, so even though specials have higher stat totals, a right generic for the role will have comparable performance, for instance a generic in mage template will be a better mage than Vyce. RT advantage is also minor, between 2-6, which is more cosmetic than significant.

I'm getting good feedback about most classes, more of them are useful and it seems people are especially happy with changes to clerics, knights (both terror and normal), swordmasters, warlocks or trapper rogues. I like to think no class is absolutely pointless and with some of the broken ones toned down there's more reason to expand your selection. There are also more combos to take advantage of, like exploding knight's clones with your terror knight, or knocking enemies into traps with warlock's mind blast.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:10 AM, raics said:

Hmm, that's most likely because she starts the battle knocked out and needs to be revived to trigger her dialogue. I could just give Spellblade a reviving skill as a temporary measure until I get the next patch out, I'll post it in soon.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

The swordmaster changes were definitely welcome - they actually feel like strong melee class now instead of just being the counter attack preempt tank they were in the base game.

7 hours ago, Viz said:

Wha- I thought Barricade is pretty useful. Why can't Spellblade keep both Barricade and Relay? 

Really? Meant to keep it as a fusilier exclusive because it isn't used much and it's a fairly mundane skill, but it's certainly no problem to let spellblade have it too.

Would you allow more classes to wield Spellbook? Maybe Cleric and Spellblade?

Also is it too much if both Book and Cudgel to be turn into DEX weapon? 

Edited by Viz

Barricade makes sense for Fusilier. Trench warfare and all. And it protects them while they can shoot around it with Course Correction.

I don't really know what Spellblade gets out of it.

53 minutes ago, mario2000 said:

Barricade makes sense for Fusilier. Trench warfare and all. And it protects them while they can shoot around it with Course Correction.

I don't really know what Spellblade gets out of it.

Hell if I do, it's no problem to give it back but it doesn't really fit.

I could give clerics spellbooks but they have no use for INT bonus and spellblade doesn't seem like one for gimmicky weapons, they play it safe with a fairly classic arsenal. I could give patriarchs access.

Books don't strike me as a finesse weapon and as many serious staff attackers are str as dex, most notably spellblades, terror and angel knights.

Well.. if we're being pedantic, Cleric didn't get much benefit from Cudgel's INT bonus either but they can still equip it. 

Also.. is something wrong with lobbing explosive (elemental-shot item) ?

I think I've seen some enemy Cleric uses it and it deals normal damage, but when one of my unit lobs it, it deals like 1 damage. 

Edited by Viz

Sure, but a cleric/monk/priest without a staff is plain weird.

Depends which unit uses the bomb and on what, those items scale with attack stats so a mage would do little damage to a tank with it.

Is there a way to increase the damage percentage of the reflect skills? 20% doesn't seem that much even at super late game, it would really be more reliable if it were bumped to 20 at level 1 and 40 at level 2

First impressions are very good so far. Just started a new game so I'll be able to give more in-depth feedback as I go along. Making Bows and Crossbows more restrictive is a definite challenge (no more crossbow Canopus). One thing I might do (with your permission) is start a new forum for people to discuss builds with equipment and skill choices which could help with seeing either OP or UP classes or skills.