raics

Feedback and Suggestions

599 posts in this topic

Quick question about Vicious Assault on Griph/Dragons. I can see the Augment element skills on the creatures but how is the elemental attunement gained via the weapon as per the description.

Also, I am testing Beastmasters, how do the beasts/dragons compare late game now?

When monsters gain elemental attunement via their resonance skills it wouldn't do anything in vanilla because it requires a weapon to provide bonus damage, those assault tokens just act as a weapon.

Beasts seem fine to me, their role is to take a lot of damage and then spam their special moves as they aren't burning all of their TP away anymore. At low levels they have high starting stats and at high levels they start outscaling equipment, which keeps them viable.

I think Double Attack (and its variants) are just as over powered as before. I think it should be removed from the game to be honest or at least restricted to one or two classes (maybe just Lord and Ranger) since it basically forces players to stick with two 1-H weapons whilst making the 2-H weapons seem redundant. The differences between Thrown weapons and Blowguns doesn't seem to much and I always prefer the Thrown weapons due to their better range and better attack which are the two most important factors. The install weapons feature is pretty cool and makes having the Augment Element skills feel much more contributive towards damage. 

2H weapons do a good job of punching through armor, which is their primary role, they're generally lighter and faster than two 1h weapons, do more damage with finishers and their stat bonus or status chance are higher, they have their perks and I can always tweak the numbers some more if needed.

Yeah, the main role of blowguns are status effects, they have a strong selection and high proc chance, damage is mostly incidental so if that's what you're after thrown weapons will obviously be better.

5 hours ago, raics said:

2H weapons do a good job of punching through armor, which is their primary role, they're generally lighter and faster than two 1h weapons, do more damage with finishers and their stat bonus or status chance are higher, they have their perks and I can always tweak the numbers some more if needed.

Despite that though it still seems they can't compare to double attack. Especially the fact that DA is free to use every turn.  I might try and do this run without it since IMO it is really broken. Also this is more of a personal preference rather then for balance but why do Knights no longer have any 2H weapons?

Talk about 2H weapon, I noticed Berserker can't use 2H Sword anymore.. the consolidated changelist should be corrected and updated.

56 minutes ago, Viz said:

Talk about 2H weapon, I noticed Berserker can't use 2H Sword anymore.. the consolidated changelist should be corrected and updated.

Thanks, I missed that one.

8 hours ago, SleepingBearZ said:

Despite that though it still seems they can't compare to double attack. Especially the fact that DA is free to use every turn.  I might try and do this run without it since IMO it is really broken. Also this is more of a personal preference rather then for balance but why do Knights no longer have any 2H weapons?

It ultimately should be better, it costs a skill slot and 2H is free. It isn't as simple as having 1H weapons do half the damage of 2H because using a 1h weapon with a shield will be too weak and if I jack up 2H weapons too much Warrior will get a bit too good with his Double strike.

Most straight tank classes like Knight and Hoplite don't have access to 2H weapons, yeah, shields provide a ton of defense and are a part of what defines their class. There will be something in next patch that expands their options a bit.

16 hours ago, raics said:

When monsters gain elemental attunement via their resonance skills it wouldn't do anything in vanilla because it requires a weapon to provide bonus damage, those assault tokens just act as a weapon.

Beasts seem fine to me, their role is to take a lot of damage and then spam their special moves as they aren't burning all of their TP away anymore. At low levels they have high starting stats and at high levels they start outscaling equipment, which keeps them viable.

Wait, wait. If you use an Instill, the element is applied to the weapon? So even if you're not using a weapon of that element, you can use an instill to make full use of the augment skill?

1 hour ago, Valenhil said:

Wait, wait. If you use an Instill, the element is applied to the weapon? So even if you're not using a weapon of that element, you can use an instill to make full use of the augment skill?

Not really, it's applied to the character but kicks in only if you make a weapon attack. It won't give your weapon elemental property or change it to a different one, it just attaches bonus damage which has an elemental property.

Some things about attunements are a bit weird. For instance, if you equip a fire weapon and use instill air you can level fire and air augments by the same attack, but using an air weapon instead won't level augment air twice.

I've changed it for the next patch, it costs no TP and charges the amount equal to the life it removed, life cost should be enough. Skills remove their TP cost after the effect is done so you can never charge your TP to the max with them.

Not really but it won't be soon, moving all that gear about takes a lot of time and it's easy to mess things up. It's the end of the year so things are busier too, let's say mid January at the latest.

raics, thanks for the one vision mod! Replaying Tactics Ogre with your mod, and I noticed that tarot cards didn't seem to be granting stat increases anymore. Is this intended, or did I screw up?

They're still granting stat increases, it's the usual 0.3 per card or something so you probably didn't have enough to break the full point.

Ahh I see. My mistake then - I somehow thought they were +1 per card in the original. Sorry if my query made you have to check your work or anything.

Thanks again for the mod - I don’t much remember my vanilla TO experience, but so far I’m having a blast with your mod. :) Thanks so much for doing this for everyone!

Just read through the entirety of this thread because I couldn’t wait for actual patches to come out before knowing what you have planned.

I love the idea of entirely removing the chariot / revive system. Yeah it’d make the game a lot harder to play - but at the same time I’d feel my decisions are a lot more impactful. Kinda like Ironman runs on XCOM.

Given the lack of a confirmation pop-up before actions are taken though, I foresee a lot of rage at costly erroneous button presses. xD

Edited by Lyrinix

Don't worry, I know that the cards still work so it was no bother. Seems there's a fair bit of interest in the hardcore version and doing it will probably be possible but it won't be before 1.0, you can always self-enforce it and maintaining two versions is a bit of a bother so I can't do it until the process slows down a bit... more.

It’s good to hear that I didn’t inconvenience you overmuch. 

Yeah, I can imagine the difficulty of maintaining two versions of your patch. It makes sense to wait until you’ve made most of the changes you desire to the main patch before attempting to produce and update an optional version.

In my opinion, a hardcore version would really change things up in the way players interact with the game. I mean, idk about everyone else, but I don’t really have the self-control necessary to refrain from charioting my way out of trouble - and with the changes you made in your mod, like squishie mages being somewhat glass cannons, it’s easy and tempting to “exploit” the system by focusing on offense with little regard for defense. After all, if your glass cannon shatters, you can always chariot him back to life and see what other ways you can save-scum your party through without losing a member or guest, or being wiped.

Losing the chariot system would *force* the player to deal with losses/wipes, and hence encourage him to play a lot more defensively. In my opinion it would also make some of the classes others have complained about as being “mediocre” or “pointless” for not having comparable damage outputs more attractive, especially the hybrid DD/Tanks like Knights or Warriors which lack the damage output of 2H ninjas.

In fact, now that I think on it further, it would also discourage lopsided party builds like “Team Ninjas”, “Team Archers” or “Team Mages”. Players would also be forced to more proactively interact with mechanics like incapacitation, permadeath, weapon trajectory (friendly fire and bad firing angles), burst damage (e.g. TP 200 finishers one-shotting squishies) and status effects, rather than charioting their way out of such instances. It’d make katanas, item use etc all the more important.

In case anyone gets a piss poor impression of the way I currently play the game, I’m sorta self-enforcing a lack of a chariot system on myself, and playing defensively (2 player healers + guest healer atm, with 2 tanks - I generally focus on healing any and every time a character loses >50hp. I ADMIT TO CHARIOTING AWAY SEEMINGLY UNPREVENTABLE GUEST SQUISHIE DEATHS THOUGH). 

Can anyone tell me if the Crissaegrim or Cursed Weapons hits 2x even when you're already using double attack with it? Does this mean we can potentially hit 3x or even 4x using Double Attack? I'm trying to decide whether to go 2H or 1H for thematic reasons, and knowing this would really help! =)