raics

Feedback and Suggestions

599 posts in this topic

I'd like to say that you are doing an awesome work with the game and i'm having tons of fun replaying it.

I also would like to ask you if is it possible to give Hobyrim access to some special classes, especially Knight Commander?

I want to give him access to this class and maybe other, since its a shame he doesn't have his own special class.

I'd appreciate if you could send me the codes or maybe show me how can i do it. 

1 hour ago, Zanmato said:

I'd like to say that you are doing an awesome work with the game and i'm having tons of fun replaying it.

I also would like to ask you if is it possible to give Hobyrim access to some special classes, especially Knight Commander?

I want to give him access to this class and maybe other, since its a shame he doesn't have his own special class.

I'd appreciate if you could send me the codes or maybe show me how can i do it. 

Sure, I'll send you a pm with the KC code later.

Edited by raics

Hey
If I wanted to remove all Phalanx abilites from my game.
How do I do that?

Also is it possible to remove the 3-turn-Death-timer aka have your own units get removed from battle and lose a life instantly, when life drops to 0?
Would be nice.

Finally thanks again for all this great work.

It's fairly easy to do with a multiwrite CWC code that disables the skill for use by any class, I'll make one when I got time and send you a PM.

If death timers can be removed, I wouldn't know how to do it.

Hi Raics,

Thank you so much for making this amazing mod.

Was poking around the binaries using HxD, amazed you did all of this in a hex editor.

Regarding the inverted Elemental Aversions, do you have any pointers on how I could change that back to the originals?

I agree that mechanically the game becomes much deeper with your change, but I've always enjoyed role-playing mono-elemental teams - if it's not too much work, any help would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, nvekmauvia said:

Regarding the inverted Elemental Aversions, do you have any pointers on how I could change that back to the originals?

It would be best to make a CWC code, that way it will still work when I update. There's quite a few addresses to change and they're all over the place so it might take a while, I'll see what can be done.

Claws DEX change    

vs.

Dual Wield Berserker hunt

I'm hunting & capturing the "strongest" claw-wielding Berserkers at Tynemouth Hill, to later give them Dual Attack with 2 Claws.  However:

You changed claws to be DEX weapons, but unfortunately the vanilla game-code still handles claws as STR-requirement weapons giving enemy berserkers high STR with their Claws - as per vanilla gamecode. Problem is now with your change these High-STR berserkers with claws now got really weak opponents  and pretty useless with claws and they should be changed so the game dice-throws them High DEX scores too as a proper One Vision Claw Berserker.  

Currently all the best Berserkers wielding your DEX-Claws are High STR and Low DEX.  I was forced to hunt & capture a 90 STR two-handed Hammer-wielding Berserker, since hammers are still STR based and the vanilla game code properly gave the berrserker high STR low DEX.
Screenshots:

PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-52-03-58.j

https://i.ibb.co/k1CmqLs/PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-52-09-72.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/JcjfB9D/PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-56-07-34.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/NVXW3My/PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-56-53-29.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/b2nwh5j/PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-57-27-57.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/88F43FQ/PPSSPPWindows64-2018-12-20-16-57-33-78.jpg

Edited by mercy

1 hour ago, mercy said:

Claws DEX change    

vs.

Dual Wield Berserker hunt

I'm hunting & capturing the "strongest" claw-wielding Berserkers at Tynemouth Hill, to later give them Dual Attack with 2 Claws.  However:

You changed claws to be DEX weapons, but unfortunately the vanilla game-code still handles claws as STR-requirement weapons giving enemy berserkers high STR with their Claws - as per vanilla gamecode. Problem is now with your change these High-STR berserkers with claws now got really weak opponents  and pretty useless with claws and they should be changed so the game dice-throws them High DEX scores too as a proper One Vision Claw Berserker. 

The game doesn't really give them anything, the way it works is this:

- The battle has a list of units with fixed racial templates, class, loyalty and alignment. There are battles where all units from the list are assigned, some where you always get several and the rest are picked randomly from the rest of the list and some battles where all are random. For example, those castle fights with reinforcements start with a very long list, some are fixed, some are randomly picked from the starter list and when the game has to spawn another unit it picks one from the reinforcement list.

- When they spawn the game assigns them a name from a list and a small amount of stat points at random on top of those their racial template comes with. Also, it checks their skills and assigns them gear according to their autoequip setting (same as your autoequip options on party screen) with some randomness, it won't always go for the best option if it can use multiple weapon skills.

So, what's random there is which units spawn but they're preset. The default lizardman template is 32str and 30dex, the warrior template has 36/30 and the rogue template is 32/34. so the best outcome for you is finding a battle where a dex lizarman spawns and run it a few times until he rolls 3-4 extra points in dex, but if the battle doesn't have that template on the list it will never happen. And ignore which weapons they have equipped, it doesn't matter.

When I get to adjusting battle data I'll also tweak which templates are on the list so you at least aren't getting warriors with a mage template. Some have requested to be able to recruit humanoids like lizards or fairies in certain towns and I'll do that if possible, you will be able to get the desired template easier that way and give them custom names.

Hello Raics,

In your efforts on this extensive mod, no doubt you have acquired significant knowledge of the game's data structures--their locations, field layouts, potential values, etc.  Long ago, I did some very minor dabbling in CWCheat with the game to patch perceived flaws.  Naturally, I am curious about how your mod works, but the knowledge I have preserved from what was available to the community back then does not allow for understanding of the finer details.  Maybe I just have not found the reports of later hacking/modding efforts.  Did you use some recent reference material in building your mod?  If not, have you compiled any of your knowledge of modding the game into a form fit for public consumption?

15 hours ago, Sparafucile said:

Did you use some recent reference material in building your mod?  If not, have you compiled any of your knowledge of modding the game into a form fit for public consumption?

There weren't really any, you're pretty much looking at all the modding effort that went into the game recently. My notes are too messy to be useful, unfortunately, I'll try tidying them up when all is done.

Hey Raics, haven't posted here in awhile but I've recently started up another run and the recent updates have been amazing. Loving Vyce being a teleporting ninja, and I've found a workaround for Berserkers and their frailty - SKELETON BERSERKERS! However, I was crafting a few robes for my casters and I noticed that a few of the elemental armor tooltips seem to be outdated or misplaced.

For example:

• The mails and coats still say that they enhance elemental abilities (only resistances)
  • Viraat's Coat and Mail say that they enhance Earth elemental (should be Lightning)
  • Radiant and Fuligin Robes/Titania Mail say that they enhance resistance to the opposite element (the opposite element is the only one they don't resist)

Just slight nitpicks of an otherwise incredible mod experience so far. Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks, their stats show properly so I wasn't too concerned with it, but fixing descriptions is no trouble at all.

Hey, Raics. Fantastic job with the mod, first of all. All of the equipment modifications, faster Skill EXP, and quality of life improvements is a feat considering the numerous issues plaguing the original game (I can actually make some headway into the CODA now!). But if there's one thing that still bugs me really badly, it's the leveling system that the PSP version brought on. I'm fairly certain the answer is going to be a "no", given the amount of crazy ASM hacking I've seen on the Hacktics forum, but is there a way to attach levels to characters instead of classes? Grinding for 6 hours until it's 5 AM isn't what I would qualify as fun, personally. And I'm pretty sure asking about making classes alignment specific is crazy talk at that point, so I'll stick with my original question. Thanks for the hack, by the way!

9 hours ago, Pyre Of Word Salsa said:

I'm fairly certain the answer is going to be a "no", given the amount of crazy ASM hacking I've seen on the Hacktics forum, but is there a way to attach levels to characters instead of classes?

I'm afraid it is a 'no', you'd have to make room in character data to save experience and even restructure the save file so it records that instead of class exp.

Just some quick feedback now that I've finished my first dive into PoTD. I decided to invest in a few large-size units (a dragon, golem, and gryphon) this time and they've been really interesting to use so far.

The Dragon feels like a squishier knight who has AOE CC (mine's a Bahamut), the Gryphon plays like a pre-mod sparagmos rogue who can't dodge, and the Golem is a combination of walking wall and artillery. They have fantastic payoffs in terms of damage and reach, but they require a bit more micromanaging than human units due to their frailty (Gryphon), vulnerability to status effects (All), and the need to empower their finishers. 

Unfortunately, while the Dragon and Gryphon have enough agility (with Seal of Alacrity) to reliably hit half-leather clad units, the Golem can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn most of the time. My Iron Golem for some reason has around 40-41 less total agility (discounting base stat differences) than my Bahamut at the same level (34), and I'm not sure if that's intended since the class stat tables in the patch note PDF don't show much of a base difference between the two.

Depends which golem, some are stronger, some are tougher and some are more accurate and, well... dodgy, as much as a lump of clay or iron can be dodgy. But, even in the worst case it's nothing that a cast of acrobatics or ballistics won't solve, and your premier golemist, warlock, doesn't have access to those by coincidence and similar effects aren't exactly rare even if you don't have one.

Anyway, won't tamper with them further for the time being, there's something I'd like to try when I lay down the groundwork and if it works it would mean that something will happen to certain monster classes and I'd have to revise their stats all over again.

Edited by raics

Thanks for the quick response, I've definitely been using accuracy buffs on my Golem at the start of each battle (Galvanize/Pixie Dance). I was just wondering why the difference between my Iron Golem and Bahamut's total agility was so large, because my Bahamut has only 10~ agility less than my Gryphon (disregarding the 11 base agility difference). The class stat tables have Iron Golem/Bahamut/Gryphon at 16/18/21 agility respectively, so either the difference in total agility between my Golem and Dragon is unusually large, or the difference between my Dragon and Gryphon is unusually small..

Edited by Rucession

It isn't a bug if that's what you're thinking, I've stopped updating those stat tables because it kept changing too much to keep track of. Gryphon gains 3,8 agi per level and dragon gets 3,6, the least agile is baldur golem with just 2 agi per level, however, golems gain more dex than dragons or gryphons (it's the opposable thumbs thing again) to help with their artillery role and that also contributes to accuracy. When you tally it up, baldur golem gains 3,8 accuracy per level, a dragon gains 4,4 and a gryphon is at 4,8. Clay golem is even a bit more accurate than dragon at 4,5 per level.

Thanks raics for breathing new life to my favorite game. :) I now wait for official release to to enjoy whole new round of play with your mod.

I have some suggestions and questions.

I think that vanilla game give level requirement for most of unique weapons too high. If player drive down PotD in first playthrough, most of items in that dungeons would not usable until player play game in post-game world mode (most of them seem useless due to requirement too high to be anything but item collection). This also true to last unique weapon in story mode (Brynhildr) which if player plays without level grinding, it could not using against final boss. I think most of unique equipments should have level requirement reduce by -10. As they are unique, could not spam, I think they may not effect balance that much.

In vanilla game, I feel like PSP version seem to neglect to add content or new recruitable character in chapter 3C (it has no unique character that you not gain on other part in original SNES version due to balance reason as player not lost Arycelle like in chapter 3N) while now we have long list of recruitable characters in chapter 3L and 3N. I think mod should add option to recruit Jeunen in that chapter and Occione later in chapter4.

I think baldur golem should have better magic resistance and deal better damage to undead due to they are made of baldur. If possible, player should able to access to damsc golem from CODA as well in same sense as weapons grade escalation in vanilla.

I don't know this is good idea or not but I think each classes should have 1 skill which should able to transfer to other classes of similar category. It is how I feel so weird in vanilla that I could not transfer phalanx to white knight or terror knight although they are also knight in heavy armour.

There are some sidequest battles which involve resurrecting NPCs to complete sidequest and recruit character (Quadriga sidequest in chapter 3N, Cressida sidequest battles in Bahamulsa and Golyat of chapter 4C). I still not yet see any example of these battle when play in One Vision Mod on youtube. Would changing resurrection to evacuation still make Tamuz, Chamos, Phaesta, Cressida recruitable or not?

What is the difference between unique characters and generic characters in One Vision mod apart from some unique characters' ability to access unique class? How much you nerf their RT modifier? Now their RT different is minimal? Or not different at all?

Edited by Suppanut

8 hours ago, Suppanut said:

I have some suggestions and questions.

The requirements for most endgame weapons are already lower and no items requires level above 40, in general the first endgame crafting books (like The Blade) will cover levels 24-27 (those can also drop from enemies), enchiridions go from 28-30 or 32 and unique gear covers the range from there to 40. The unique gear scaling is also standardized so the best weapon in class is always a set percentage stronger than its damasc equivalent and it isn't a huge increase, you will probably want unique weapons for their added effects more than raw power.

Character recruitment and adding new cutscenes is a lot harder than what I've been doing so far, I'd like to if possible but can't promise anything.

There are some things planned for monster units which will make this irrelevant, added damage to undead wouldn't be possible anyway with the way things are currently set up.

That's something unique classes do, and more of them can transfer skills from other classes now, for instance Ranger can use booby trap and KC can use fearful impact. There has been talk about that one and considering you can bring 12 units into battle I feel it isn't as important to set each one up to cover multiple roles, like in FFT, instead you bring a diverse team and sharing too many abilities would make generic classes less distinct.

Tamuz, Chamos and Phaesta can just be evacuated, which is even better. Units that have a dialogue trigger (Cressida or Oelias), however, have to be resurrected using the crafted evac stone so they can say their lines before leaving, bear in mind that stone will remove the unit that used it from the battlefield as it renders it unfit for battle.

Same as vanilla, special units are better stat-wise and some have access to advanced classes, however, they're more uniformly better so Phaesta will be roughly equivalent to Sara (actually slightly better to account for Sara maybe picking up some stat cards along the way), and fully unique units like Cistina or Ozma will also be roughly equal but better than Sara, the RT difference is still there but is much more modest and also more uniform. So, a team of special characters will be stronger, but not enough to outclass a team of well picked generics.

57 minutes ago, raics said:

The requirements for most endgame weapons are already lower and no items requires level above 40, in general the first endgame crafting books (like The Blade) will cover levels 24-27 (those can also drop from enemies), enchiridions go from 28-30 or 32 and unique gear covers the range from there to 40. The unique gear scaling is also standardized so the best weapon in class is always a set percentage stronger than its damasc equivalent and it isn't a huge increase, you will probably want unique weapons for their added effects more than raw power.

Character recruitment and adding new cutscenes is a lot harder than what I've been doing so far, I'd like to if possible but can't promise anything.

There are some things planned for monster units which will make this irrelevant, added damage to undead wouldn't be possible anyway with the way things are currently set up.

That's something unique classes do, and more of them can transfer skills from other classes now, for instance Ranger can use booby trap and KC can use fearful impact. There has been talk about that one and considering you can bring 12 units into battle I feel it isn't as important to set each one up to cover multiple roles, like in FFT, instead you bring a diverse team and sharing too many abilities would make generic classes less distinct.

Tamuz, Chamos and Phaesta can just be evacuated, which is even better. Units that have a dialogue trigger (Cressida or Oelias), however, have to be resurrected using the crafted evac stone so they can say their lines before leaving, bear in mind that stone will remove the unit that used it from the battlefield as it renders it unfit for battle.

Same as vanilla, special units are better stat-wise and some have access to advanced classes, however, they're more uniformly better so Phaesta will be roughly equivalent to Sara (actually slightly better to account for Sara maybe picking up some stat cards along the way), and fully unique units like Cistina or Ozma will also be roughly equal but better than Sara, the RT difference is still there but is much more modest and also more uniform. So, a team of special characters will be stronger, but not enough to outclass a team of well picked generics.

Thank you for quick response. :)

Edited by Suppanut

Is it possible to turn all those celestial songs special attack skill of divine knight/ethereal vision (poigeint melody, day of reckoning, etc) into part of "art of war" command skill like other songs? Would it be good idea to do that?

Edited by Suppanut

4 hours ago, Suppanut said:

Is it possible to turn all those celestial songs special attack skill of divine knight/ethereal vision (poigeint melody, day of reckoning, etc) into part of "art of war" command skill like other songs? Would it be good idea to do that?

It isn't possible, there's no more room left in spell index table, this is as many as we can have.