raics

Feedback and Suggestions

289 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, jullian29 said:

is it possible to rework the poison mechanics? have a percentage based damage like 5% for the normal and 10% for envenom, and revert the intervals to normal but with a longer duration, in that way players will be obligated to use cleanse. the damage it does is honestly nonexistent all throughout the game

Poison lasts a long time so it adds up, if you poisoned 4 enemies with the cloud and it ran its full duration it's 600 total damage which isn't too bad even in endgame. But yeah, the urgency to remove it isn't really there and I would have reworked it a long time ago if it didn't require digging through assembly, meaning it will have to wait, better to do the easy stuff first.

Edited by raics

Posted (edited)

What you're saying is about poison in the player's hands, though. The real problem is how the AI uses it. Enemies would work better if they simply didn't have access to poison. It's doing them almost exclusively harm.

Edited by Valenhil

Posted (edited)

I suppose it might help as a band-aid if it did a bit of damage upfront too, the way gravity flux does. Not percentage, though, a fixed amount of non-resistable damage + a low scaleable non-elemental base so it might do something in endgame.

Also, if I shift that fixed damage upfront it will make the AI treat it as just another damage spell and will use it whenever a regular AoE spell does less damage, which will usually happen on tough units where poison is the most useful.

Edited by raics

Found a bug. Ars Magna and Herbalism are switched when you go to craft.

Thanks, I forgot to switch the places of their names and descriptions too.

Hello raics,

Do you think you could point me to the appropriate address for the Lord's stats in the 03e8 file in the hex editor? I love your mod, but I hope to exercise some autonomy over the Lord's stats. By the way, are the stat tables in the readme for the different classes out of date?

Yeah, they're somewhat out of date, it's a bit of a hassle so I haven't been updating them. It isn't a terribly important information anyway and you can see it ingame too.

Lord's stats start at 83c7a and go like this

3c 4b 14 19 12 16 12 16 12 16 12 16 12 16 12 16 12 16 12 16 1e 0c 03 08 02

3c is the HP base for the class, and 4b is growth per level divided by 10, so lord class has 60 HP at level 1 and gets 7,5 per level. Then you have base and growth for MP, STR and the rest of the stats in the usual order, after that 1e is RT, 0c is base ATK and 03 is growth, so lord has 12 + 0,3/lev, then you got the same for DEF. Movement range is on 83c9f and it goes up and down by 4, not 1, so 19 is movement range of 5 and 15 is range of 4.

Thank you very much! I'm having trouble finding it at the address, though, and searching for the hex values you mentioned doesn't seem to turn up anything. I suspect it has to do with how my installation indicated a size mismatch for my ISO and necessitated I rebuild my ISO before patching =/. Any ideas for how I might fix this? 

Got it to work! Might have to do with my ISO being set to "Read me" status. Huh. Thanks again!

On 4/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, mario2000 said:

Found a bug. Ars Magna and Herbalism are switched when you go to craft.

this, are we really supposed to get Ars Magna combination recipe before Herbalism? story wise

25 minutes ago, jullian29 said:

this, are we really supposed to get Ars Magna combination recipe before Herbalism? story wise

You should be getting consumable crafting recipe first as of last patch (though it will say ars magna), that's why they ended up reverted which will be fixed in next patch, whichever that one is. When I get to editing encounters you won't be getting ars magna from a story battle and will only be able to buy it from deneb in postgame, you can't use those spells before their level anyway and the cost won't be overly high so there's no hurry to fix it.

Gave Arycelle a Siege Bow, seems like bows can no longer shoot past their displayed maximum range. Makes me kinda sad.

39 minutes ago, mario2000 said:

Gave Arycelle a Siege Bow, seems like bows can no longer shoot past their displayed maximum range. Makes me kinda sad.

Just siege bows, that way they have the range advantage only when shooting uphill, it's intended.