Darkkefka

Sup Guys

39 posts in this topic

So THIS is where the game is being hosted now. 

First, Sorry for taking so long to complete it, but if you've been following my Youtube channel, you would know I have some issues to deal with. I've been slowy working on it piece by piece however.

It seems that ID is back up. Why was it down for so long anyway?

You made it!  Good to have you back :D

I've been holding the fort here while you've been away.  People are just itching to play v9!

On that topic, what's left?

3 minutes ago, Lolwayup said:

Are you uh, mistaking the archive as the site?

I might have. So it's still dead? What the hell happened??

Just now, Doomsday31415 said:

You made it!  Good to have you back :D

I've been holding the fort here while you've been away.  People are just itching to play v9!

On that topic, what's left?

The main issue is balacing all of the battles because of the new damage formulas.

1 minute ago, Darkkefka said:

It's complicated.  I can't say I have all the details, but here's what I can point you to:

At the moment, I'm considering a public demo that will play from the beginning to the end of the forest maze. The only way we can get a sure grasp on where or not the game will e balanced is it multiple people test it.

A public demo wouldn't be a bad idea, although I highly doubt it will be useful for determining balance.  Some people will think it's too easy and others will think it's too hard regardless.

Another consideration is that you'll want the savestate to be compatible with the final release, since otherwise everyone would have to go through the beginning again.

40 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

Arch took his ball and went home.

37 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

A public demo wouldn't be a bad idea, although I highly doubt it will be useful for determining balance.  Some people will think it's too easy and others will think it's too hard regardless.

Another consideration is that you'll want the savestate to be compatible with the final release, since otherwise everyone would have to go through the beginning again.

Replying here seem odd at times....

Anyway, I could do that, but that of course means I'd have to make sure the whole game is complete for the most part.

Edited by Darkkefka

25 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

Anyway, I could do that, but that of course means I'd have to make sure the whole game is complete for the most part.

Right, I think it would be better to release a public demo for the purpose of hype rather than to find balance issues.  If something comes up from the demo, you can adjust the balance before the release anyway.

Everything else should be done first, though.

12 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Right, I think it would be better to release a public demo for the purpose of hype rather than to find balance issues.  If something comes up from the demo, you can adjust the balance before the release anyway.

Everything else should be done first, though.

BTW..I know it fits her theme, but I really don't like the idea of Peach not having any offensive abilities until post Exor..

it makes her unusable until that time. Since her Ultima is now Holy based and some monsters will absorb it, it won't completly wreck everything like it did before.

Edited by Darkkefka

1 minute ago, Darkkefka said:

BTW..I know it fits her theme, but I really don't like the idea of Peach not having any offensive abilities until post Exor..

it makes her unusable until that time.

Unusable?  I used her plenty in the beta...

1 minute ago, Zig said:

I'm a big fan of your DarkKefka.  I can't wait for the new version!

Thanks, I'm working on it right this moment.

3 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

Even just for healing duty?

Of course!  The lack of healing spells (group or otherwise) is what makes everything before Star Hill harder.

We'll see. I'll leave it like it is for the moment..her being soley a healer. I can change this without hurting save states if bothers others. Maybe I'm having problems because I made all of the Ghost type enemies immune to physical attacks. :P

Plus you can still buy Element Gems for 3 frog coins a piece.

I'm getting all of the event and technical stuff out of the way, so If I do make a Public Demo, you'll be ale to continue from your last save.