Darkkefka

Sup Guys

39 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

I'm getting all of the event and technical stuff out of the way, so If I do make a Public Demo, you'll be ale to continue from your last save.

Also,Was Galaxy Blast(Mario's 3OK Move)Removed?

Glad to have you aboard now Darkkefka, was wondering when you'd finally find your way over here. xD

As for why ID is gone, the short version is the site was getting overrun with bots so badly that registration itself had to be disabled just to stop it. (We're talking literal hundreds of bots showing up every day.)

So in response to the decaying state of ID and the absence of the site's owner Archael, Newgame Plus was created as a sort of sister site to host some of the hacks from ID that were still being actively developed so the community could actually grow with new members. (Hacks like Brave New World for example.)
And it was also made with a broader vision in mind of being the place to host "Well designed hacks" rather than simply "Challenging Hacks" that ID was more aimed toward. (Though you can still make hard hacks here, it's just not the sole focus of this site.)

A few months pass, ID is still being watched over by the admins, and lo and behold Archael himself shows up out of nowhere...And then immediately kicks both Advent (Kyrios) and Ninjasdf from their admin positions and proceeds to blame them for ID being dead because of shutting down registration, and basically says the bots weren't that big of a deal and they should have been able to just comb through and delete them manually. (And just overall being a jerk to those who would have been willing to work with him had he not acted up this way.)
So he reactivates registration, and ID pretty quickly gains over a hundred new members in less than 5 minutes...Members who were not shy about letting everyone know what their favorite sports team is or what their preferred brand of cigarette was or where to get "male enhancement" pills. (Spoilers, they were all bots.)
So between that and Archael basically taking a dump on some of his most loyal community members, not to mention he came in with illusions of grandeur basically saying "Your lord and savior has returned, I will fix all the problems" but no one bought it, the community backed him into a corner and called him out on his trash, forcing him to apologize to save face at all.
But the damage was already done at this point, and most of the main members of the community jumped ship entirely to NG+, leaving Archael with his sinking ship that was ID.

And then ID was just gone.
There isn't really much to say at this point beyond speculation, did Archael delete ID just to save face from his own misgivings, or maybe he did it because he saw that ID was dead now and this was his way of acknowledging that NG+ is the one to carry the torch now? (I mean I doubt it, but it sure makes for good poetry.)
But whatever his reasons, one things for sure, the biggest loss from ID disappearing so suddenly is the storm that happened when Archael returned, we can only tell tales of the fireworks that flew that day as the community saw him for the garbage he really was, any respect people may have had for him before he showed up was completely gone by that point.

And that about sums up what happened to ID

Man, great to see you here, DK. I'd love a demo of v9, whether I'd have to start over or not when the full hack is ready. It always has been, and always will be worth the wait.

New here - used to be a lurcher at ID.  Just wanted to say hi to you DK and tell you how great a game you made.  It is by far my no. 1 fav game hack / remix yet.  Really can't wait for a demo of v.9 - and after such - the actual v.9. Do you intend on making this a final version of the game or do you reckon there'll still be room for improvement / development - for a v.10?

Also.  Out of curiosity..? I downloaded an interesting patch from romhacking.net… where some of the characters name's were changed into their more internationally known ditos - as in Toadstool / Peach for example.  Is there any way to make this patch fit v.9 or actually make a patch that replaces names and certain details for the game with their European versions? 

This is the patch I'm talking about: 

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/715/

and this is the readme that shows the differences.. 

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/snes/patches/715readme.txt

Those of you in the know.  Is this compatible with v.8, despite it clearly stating that a clean US rom needs to be used..? 

there is no need for this patch as it has already been in effect for some time, it was in v8.5 and iirc it was also in the "closed alpha" of v9

this photo is a screenshot i personally took of v8.5 that shows said change to names already in effect

Mario RPG 8.5 Beta018.png

16 hours ago, jooeyman said:

New here - used to be a lurcher at ID.  Just wanted to say hi to you DK and tell you how great a game you made.  It is by far my no. 1 fav game hack / remix yet.  Really can't wait for a demo of v.9 - and after such - the actual v.9. Do you intend on making this a final version of the game or do you reckon there'll still be room for improvement / development - for a v.10?

Also.  Out of curiosity..? I downloaded an interesting patch from romhacking.net… where some of the characters name's were changed into their more internationally known ditos - as in Toadstool / Peach for example.  Is there any way to make this patch fit v.9 or actually make a patch that replaces names and certain details for the game with their European versions? 

This is the patch I'm talking about: 

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/715/

and this is the readme that shows the differences.. 

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/snes/patches/715readme.txt

Those of you in the know.  Is this compatible with v.8, despite it clearly stating that a clean US rom needs to be used..? 

Version 9 Is The Final Version Of This Hack. He Confirmed This On Insane Difficulty.

8 hours ago, LongSword25 said:

there is no need for this patch as it has already been in effect for some time, it was in v8.5 and iirc it was also in the "closed alpha" of v9

this photo is a screenshot i personally took of v8.5 that shows said change to names already in effect

Mario RPG 8.5 Beta018.png

interesting. I saw that Peach was changed - and DK keeps mentioning Peach's Ultima ;)

But are all the other changes implemented too? ie is it that very patch? Kamek for example is a must for me ;)

Changes Made;

-Toadstool renamed to Peach
-Bowser's Keep renamed Bowser's Castle
-Mushroom Kingdom renamed Toad Town
-Magikoopa renamed to Kamek
-Goby renamed to Cheep-Cheep
-The Big Boo renamed to Boo
-War Fan renamed to Folding Fan
-NokNok Shell renamed Koopa Shell
-Nautica Dress renamed Sailor Dress
-Dialogue changes but nothing really major
-Two new items created but can only be bought by Toad at the end of the game
-Command icons changed to match PAL SNES controller, same as well in the Bowyer boss fight

4 hours ago, MallowNimbus said:

Version 9 Is The Final Version Of This Hack. He Confirmed This On Insane Difficulty.

That's really cool to know - as I'd be aiming to put this on an actual cart once done. This game is one of the few fan-remakes / remix-games out there that is actually worth it.

some of those changes u listed have also been already implimented and some that u listed have not most commonly due to either the enemy being replaced by others or mechanics being changed (i.e the bowyer fight not having command disabling mechanics to worry about and instead facing off against 4 flunkies whilst smultaneously fighting bowyer) magikoopa has also been renamed to kamek but only the spell not the NPC (i personally got him to do that a while ago btw) the big boo is no longer a spell nor an enemy so that change is irrelevant, as for zone name changes they havent been done for unknown reasons but i'd imagine either due to lack of space or just not feeling like implimenting them (never can tell with DK at times)

On 11/20/2017 at 6:25 AM, jooeyman said:

To answer this question, the patch is not compatible.

Like others have said, however, many of the changes in it have already been made (or are irrelevant).

Edited by Doomsday31415