8 posts in this topic

Hey there. I've been playing the game on easy legit this time, instead of using the editor for better gameplay. I did notice a few errors. I'm not counting the bug where the red star is still in Barrel Volcano after revisiting the area. I did find 2 other bugs that disturbed me.

1. After Mario saved Princess Peach from Booster, exit the cathedral and then take the exit to the left, a few characters started talking. When Geno starts talking and say Yes, his graphics get garbled up, but only at that moment.

2. It's about the Hyper Mighty Guard. I wen to Marrymore and bought a Life Shroom Shake x3 and fought a Don Tonberry for a Healing Spring. After obtaining those 2 times, I went to Rikku in Seaside Town to mix the 2 items. Naturally, I got nothing. I thought: maybe the life shroom shake x3 from Don Tonberry. So, I fought it a few times and got the item and then fought it again for the healing spring. After obtaining the 2 new items, I went to Seaside Town and talked to Rikku, She still said to me I didn't have enough items. What am I missing there?

And can someone tell me the way to make a Chaos Grenade?

Edited by Rykon-V73

There's a forum on insane difficulty that talks about most of the things you can obtain in V8. Hyper M guards if I'm correct are made from gambler spirits and healing springs, the gamblers are obtained from defeating regular tonberries in the mole town mines in the room where you fought the bomb guy (punchinello)

One more thing before I close this thread. At the beginning, when I reached Kero Sewers, I was able to jump on a boo, in order to reach the pipe that leads to Ultima Weapon, but later I try the same thing and nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this or am I screwed?

On 11/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Doomsday31415 said:

What do you mean "nothing happens"?  The Ultima Weapon should be there unless you beat it already.

No. What I meant is that the game won't let me reach Ultima Weapon later. It won't let me jump on the boo.

1 minute ago, Rykon-V73 said:

It won't let me jump on the boo.

That's simply not true.  There's no difference in the boo logic there between early game and later.

I know that I'm late to the party, but I thought I might share a bit of my experience with v8.

So, first noteworthy thing I picked up on was the first Elder Drake battle.  Both easy and hard version have the same bug where if you die... the screen goes black, but the game acts like you're back outside of Via infinito.  You get the Rosalina sound to confirm she popped in, then after pressing A enough times, the sound to confirm she popped out.  You can even jump around aimlessly, hoping to end the black screen.

But hey, at least you now know to either die to a Master Tonberry or beat the first Elder Drake to a pulp.

Second bug I might mention is the Penance fight.  Again, both versions have the same bug, but this time when you die the FF music keeps playing, except in an ominous low tone.  When you win, you get the FF victory theme, only like the ominous low music it keeps playing.

And hey, the ominous after-battle music felt like a nice touch.  7/10 would listen again.

And thirdly, Yiazmat.  Can't remember if easy did this too, but in hard mode I sort of rushed through the fight with fast-forward and, after wave cannon (pretty sure I fast-forwarded this part), next thing I know I'm seeing "DOW" and a damage number under the far right character.  And at this point, nothing happens.  I fast-forward a bunch... still nothing.  So at that point, I just say 'I softlocked it' and just restart the save state from before the fight.

Remember, kids... don't rush.

I mean, sure there was Valentina in easy mode, but I repatched it in the hopes of fixing that problem.  Plus, I've seen people mention that bug before.  No biggie.

That's pretty much it for now.  I started over on hard mode, so I'll let you guys know what I find (I won't be on too often, but I'll try to listen).

EDIT: I just now remembered this tidbit.  So, you can farm galaxy coins on Booster Hill, but something weird happens...  Every time you get hit by a barrel, it sends you further and further towards the bottom right of the screen.  Cue glitches, enter the snifits for some reason that's random to me.

So if you need to level up, find a good grinding spot.

Edited by MattFalcon