Sign in to follow this  
BTB

BTB's Civilization III: Somewhere In Time

9 posts in this topic

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/files/file/47-btbs-civilization-iii-somewhere-in-time/

The recent re-release (or something to that effect) of Civilization III on Steam or some shit has prompted me to blow the dust off of one of my earliest modding projects and clean it up for an official release. If you've ever played Brave New World, you know what to expect with what I've done to the game. I would ask anyone who plays to please read through all of the in-game help files, not just because that's how you find out what all is different in the mod, but because A) I need feedback on how helpful it is, and B) there's probably a mistake in there I missed, and even more probably a lot more than that. Please check all of the links in particular and make sure that they resolve to valid pages (I did mention that I re-wrote the entire in-game help system from scratch, right?).

Thanks to everyone who checks this out.

Edited by BTB

There's a part of me I hate that will, instead of playing this undoubtedly excellent mod, throw Firaxis more money for their new crappy Civ VI DLC because graphics/music.

One of my favorite things to do in Civ2 was call a high council meeting and then ignore the shit out of all of my advisors.

I still don't get how we're up to Civ VI and still don't have the production quality of those Civ II videos.  So enjoyable!  Also, I miss building my throne room.

Yeah, Civ2's throne room was infinitely better than Civ3's palace screen. I liked the second-level throne with the palm fronds behind it.

I've only really played Civ 1, and only vaguely remember 2 from watching my dad play it as a kid... in the 90's. How's the learning curve for this?

Any familiarity with how Civilization games work at all is half the battle; beyond that it's just the subtleties of how 3 is different. I'd suggest giving the tutorial in vanilla Civ3 a quick whirl and you'll probably pick things up pretty quick.

I also rewrote the Civilopedia from scratch to function as a help file, so there's also that.

Man, I love civilization 3, I'll have to give it a go. 

Civilization 6 was a waste of my money -- though I did quite enjoy Civilization 5 post 2 expansions.