Sign in to follow this  
Cross

Plans for 2.0

68 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ShadowMoses said:

Had another idea, i might get laughed out of the topic for this one though.

i am missing 3 rages, 2 lores, and the Water Rondo dance, as they are missable after the WoB.

In the readme it says something like there is no missable items in the game, wouldn't this be great if it extended to nothing being missable?

remember in FFVIII when you could return the world before time compression? there is restrictions such as you cant enter towns.

Maybe Cid builds a time machine in the time between leaving the isolated island and getting the pendant.

Maybe not Cid cos if you don't save him the whole thing becomes missable.

if you could got back in time to the WoB there wouldnt really be anything to do except roam the over-world and dungeons and to fight enemies.

i agree its a dumb idea and could be hard to implement anyway.

its still good to get ideas going about how to make nothing in the game missable. 

...or BTB and Synchysi could add the "Aquatic Caves" patch to make the WoR underground caves before the ancient castle ruins "Aquatic", and have some of the WoB enemies show up in a few spots in the WoR. Far less work than any of what you're talking about. In fact I'm pretty sure that trying to 'go back' to previous WoB town/world maps would seriously mess things up due to how the game flags events.

Thais true. i never realised there was a more simple plan being considered. Cid building a time machine is completely mental even by Final Fantasy standards.

(Edit) it took him an entire year to build a simple wooden raft.

Edited by ShadowMoses

8 minutes ago, Mishrak said:

Fwiw there are some overworld places in the WoR that do have WoB rage formations.  Check some of the isolated islands.

Thanks, i had a look on Gamer Corner Guides for vanilla locations but i have missed the 3 enemies i need. 

Are you referring to a BNW change?

There's been discussion in the discord before about a zone being converted to a water based zone for Water Rondo.

A couple of times the idea of somehow 'unlocking' all the WoB formations on the Veldt when you go to the WoR was tossed around.

I don't think they're going to make something as drastic as making the WoB accessible again though.

What Lores are you missing? I was under the impression that they weren't actually missable.

29 minutes ago, Nowea said:

What Lores are you missing? I was under the impression that they weren't actually missable.

I think its just Blaze. just seen that Powerslave teaches it. it doesn't matter anyway, im at the top of Kefka's Tower fighting the triads. i will grab everything on my next play-though.

Is the aquatic caves patch BNW compatible? Also, there was a better looking reflection patch I saved from the ID forums, anyone try that patch for a while? Thinking I'll do those two plus that RNG and PUB/Silence patches and then dive in. Just hoping there aren't any conflicts.

11 hours ago, ShadowMoses said:

I think its just Blaze. just seen that Powerslave teaches it. it doesn't matter anyway, im at the top of Kefka's Tower fighting the triads. i will grab everything on my next play-though.

...how did you miss the Grenade enemies in the WoB when the party has to save Relm from the burning building?o.O

4 hours ago, kjinn22 said:

Is the aquatic caves patch BNW compatible? Also, there was a better looking reflection patch I saved from the ID forums, anyone try that patch for a while? Thinking I'll do those two plus that RNG and PUB/Silence patches and then dive in. Just hoping there aren't any conflicts.

The pub and silence patches are tested and compatable. So too are a lot of the sprite alteration patches if that's your thing.

The aquatic caves patch should be compatable as well (as it uses one of the unused battle maps, i.e. forests, deserts, caves, cliffs, cities, etc.), changes the flag for it to a "Water" location so Mog can learn the Water Dance, and then makes one area of the game use that specific map for battles that take place there.

Edited by GLH

8 minutes ago, GLH said:

...how did you miss the Grenade enemies in the WoB when the party has to save Relm from the burning building?o.O

Do those grenades appear on The Veldt in the WoR?

9 minutes ago, ShadowMoses said:

Do those grenades appear on The Veldt in the WoR?

Sadly no, but I was just curious how you managed to go through the entire housefire scenario without a single Grenade throwing a blaze at you (since Strago is in the party at the time that happens).

That said, this does sound like something that should be tweaked, as you just showed that it is somehow possible to miss that lore there.:P

5 minutes ago, GLH said:

Sadly no, but I was just curious how you managed to go through the entire housefire scenario without a single Grenade throwing a blaze at you (since Strago is in the party at the time that happens).

i dodged a few, the ones i did fight i must have killed quickly before they could use Blaze.

Keep in mind if Gau can use the ability in a rage (eg blaze / vaporite) and Strago observes it, he’ll learn it. 

Edited by Mishrak

20 hours ago, GLH said:

I was just curious how you managed to go through the entire housefire scenario without a single Grenade throwing a blaze at you (since Strago is in the party at the time that happens).

Does Blaze, or any other attack in that segment, have a chance of setting the Blind status? That'd do it.

22 minutes ago, SirNewtonFig said:

Does Blaze, or any other attack in that segment, have a chance of setting the Blind status? That'd do it.

Does Blind status prevent Strago from learning Lores?

I ussually dont bother curing Blind on Strago.

36 minutes ago, SirNewtonFig said:

14 minutes ago, ShadowMoses said:

Does Blind status prevent Strago from learning Lores?

I ussually dont bother curing Blind on Strago.

After double-checking, it does set Blind. And ShadowMoses, Blind has not only been fixed so that it actually negatively does something (unlike the vanilla game), it also prevents Strago from learning Lores. So if you want Blinded characters to be able to physically attack and not miss, or have Strago learn lores, you need to remove the Blind status.

Edited by GLH
spelling error

Long time player, first time poster here.

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about 2.0.

I think it'd be good if there were alternate costumes in the game, kind of like in T Edition but without going as overboard.

I'd also like it if there was something like Township from BoF2, like you could rebuild Mobliz in WoR and recruit people to live there, and they'd open up unique shops or give you stat boosts.

I think we should wait until the ROM expansion even happens and then we get an idea of how much space we have to make our wild dreams true from BTB and Synchysi

Edited by ronlyn

I just had a crazy idea for Gau. That maybe he could learn a rage from the bears in mt zozo or the hobo's in zozo that gives him the steal ability.

It may be redundant because shadow and setzer can equip the switchblade, but I think it would still be cool.