Sign in to follow this  
Cross

Plans for 2.0

68 posts in this topic

What are your planned features since 1.9 is one step closer (yeah I am hoping that 1.9 is the last tune-up patch before 2.0)? Any optional bosses (super bosses I hope)? QoL changes? Anything?

The only change I've publicly stated is an intention to maker the Floating Continent a multiple-party dungeon.

Whoops, guess mine was a bad patch, re-patched it but haven't tested it.

Strange...the nATB doesn't work, I am patching from a clean unheadered rom. Don't know what's wrong >_>

Tried on one more rom that I just downloaded now...the nATB doesn't work. o.O

Edited by Cross

Some sort of end-game optional super dungeon is something I'd love to see in BNW, to test players' abilities to properly build their characters.

Multi-party floating continent would be a great change too.

2 hours ago, Reiker said:

Some sort of end-game optional super dungeon is something I'd love to see in BNW, to test players' abilities to properly build their characters.

Multi-party floating continent would be a great change too.

Ie; a not terrible version of Dragon Den/Soul Shrine, maybe? 

19 minutes ago, artemi said:

Ie; a not terrible version of Dragon Den/Soul Shrine, maybe? 

Never played the advanced version so...was it that bad? Really?

So its absolutely bull? Well no worries. But will it be possible to get a gauntlet-like dungeon where you get to fight some of the game's bosses, on steroids?

That's essentially what those dungeons were. The problem is thats more or less ALL they were; they were poorly put together afterthoughts that really took away more then they added, with really dumb gimmics added to each dragon to make it 'harder'. 

I will maintain that, while the Dragon's Den was a shitty dungeon, the Soul Shrine, for all it's flimsy pretext, was a fun boss rush that brought something unique.

I have it on record that BTB admits sequential fights are the most interesting fights in the game. So...

staff pls put sole shrien in

2 hours ago, artemi said:

That's essentially what those dungeons were. The problem is thats more or less ALL they were; they were poorly put together afterthoughts that really took away more then they added, with really dumb gimmics added to each dragon to make it 'harder'. 

Well like I said never played it.

1 hour ago, seibaby said:

I will maintain that, while the Dragon's Den was a shitty dungeon, the Soul Shrine, for all it's flimsy pretext, was a fun boss rush that brought something unique.

I have it on record that BTB admits sequential fights are the most interesting fights in the game. So...

Would like to see that BNW style.

Yea so I had an entire post ready and copied it too and now it magically disappeared into cyber space fun times.

I have an idea for BnW 2.0 that is greatly inspired by Breath of Fire 2 involving NPCs offering the player a ONE time PERMANENT enhancement or spell. I find this idea intriguing because it encourages more diversification of character builds and forces the player to make a strategic decision on who to give the buff to. Here are some examples of possible NPC buffs.

Lolathe lonely woman Cyan was sending flowers and letters to. She could thank Cyan for his attention by offering ONE character a Hp+200/Stam+6 boost. Almost everyone would benefit from the boost, it might especially be helpful for Strago to fuel his White Wind or to make Gau/Shadow tankier since they lack alternative methods of boosting HP.

GunghoStrago's friend who was injured by Hidon. He could offer ONE character a Mp+100/Mag+6 boost which would especially benefit magic users who lack an MP boosting esper such as Locke or Mog or even a Vigor based Terra/Celes for MP crits and Holy/Flare procs. The player can decide where the boost would fit their play style best.

Gau's Father, As a thank you for letting him know his son is alive after the cute sequence could offer ONE character a Vigor+5/Speed+5 boost which would could be used to further buff a physical dps character or give more dps to a tank such as a Terrato Sabin or Unicorn Terra.

Rachel, Before departing from her brief resurrection can offer ONE character the Life 2 spell which allows the player to have 3 characters (Terra and Locke being the other 2) who can revive someone to full HP and would benefit pretty much anyone since it is not tied to any stat. A tanky Sabin or Cyan build may benefit most from access to this spell since they are likely to not be KOed and have opportunity to utilize it.

The Queen Statue, Which in this mod is basically just "there" since Raiden is no longer an Esper could offer ONE character a choice of ONE of the level 2 elemental spells: Ice 2, Fire 2 OR Bolt 2. These spells could be used to round out someone's elemental coverage, such as giving Locke Ice 2, or providing a character with few elemental attack options like Setzer or Edgar a new magic attack option.

Other possible NPCs who could offer bonus are Duncan and Owzer, but I think I got the idea across. I find this very intriguing because there are a lot of different rationales for giving these boosts to different characters so it can cater to any playstyle.

Edited by GamingFiend

50 minutes ago, GamingFiend said:

Lolathe lonely woman Cyan was sending flowers and letters to. She could thank Cyan for his attention by offering ONE character a Hp+200/Stam+6 boost. Almost everyone would benefit from the boost, it might especially be helpful for Strago to fuel his White Wind or to make Gau/Shadow tankier since they lack alternative methods of boosting HP.

GunghoStrago's friend who was injured by Hidon. He could offer ONE character a Mp+100/Mag+6 boost which would especially benefit magic users who lack an MP boosting esper such as Locke or Mog or even a Vigor based Terra/Celes for MP crits and Holy/Flare procs. The player can decide where the boost would fit their play style best.

Gau's Father, As a thank you for letting him know his son is alive after the cute sequence could offer ONE character a Vigor+5/Speed+5 boost which would could be used to further buff a physical dps character or give more dps to a tank such as a Terrato Sabin or Unicorn Terra.

Rachel, Before departing from her brief resurrection can offer ONE character the Life 2 spell which allows the player to have 3 characters (Terra and Locke being the other 2) who can revive someone to full HP and would benefit pretty much anyone since it is not tied to any stat. A tanky Sabin or Cyan build may benefit most from access to this spell since they are likely to not be KOed and have opportunity to utilize it.

The Queen Statue, Which in this mod is basically just "there" since Raiden is no longer an Esper could offer ONE character a choice of ONE of the level 2 elemental spells: Ice 2, Fire 2 OR Bolt 2. These spells could be used to round out someone's elemental coverage, such as giving Locke Ice 2, or providing a character with few elemental attack options like Setzer or Edgar a new magic attack option.

Yes this does sound interesting. It is like a follow-up to the esper innate bonuses. Only this is powered by NPC's. Let's wait and see for BTB's reply on this though.

Oh btw, Gungho is Jenkins right?

Edited by Cross

Yes this does sound interesting. It is like a follow-up to the esper innate bonuses. Only this is powered by NPC's. Let's wait and see for BTB's reply on this though.

Oh btw, Gungho is Jenkins right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERHAPS?! He may have different names in different versions of the game

Edited by GamingFiend

Gungho is Leeroy (yes, THAT Leeroy) in BNW.

Those bonuses all sound nice, but ultimately they seem like a flavor thing that wouldn't be worth the PITA they would be to implement. Something like the esper equip bonuses is different because, one, they already functioned as equipment and thus weren't that difficult to implement, but addressed an existing flaw in the system where there was no functional difference between what esper was equipped outside of summon effect. Thus, even though the effects are minor, they have a major impact on gameplay; the same can't be said for what's being proposed here.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Gungho is Leeroy (yes, THAT Leeroy) in BNW.

Those bonuses all sound nice, but ultimately they seem like a flavor thing that wouldn't be worth the PITA they would be to implement. Something like the esper equip bonuses is different because, one, they already functioned as equipment and thus weren't that difficult to implement, but addressed an existing flaw in the system where there was no functional difference between what esper was equipped outside of summon effect. Thus, even though the effects are minor, they have a major impact on gameplay; the same can't be said for what's being proposed here.

I do think they would have a major effect on gameplay particularly the spell learning ones but I agree it might be a PITA for sure.

Also with Demi/Quarter, any chance of making their fractional damage based off of stamina something like 25% + (Stam /128) similar to your stamina counter attack formula? 

4 hours ago, BTB said:

Fractional damage already considers stamina for defense.

oic just not for offense then? Stamina for monsters and Bosses never really occurred to me

IMO BNW punishes slow teams harshly especially in WOR. I was using Terra, Strago, Cyan and Relm in my current run and they get rekt pretty much all the time. Is there any way to not suck when you're as slow as a snail?

You need to use your only fast character to neutralize your opponents as much as possible. Relm knows Stop now, which should help.