Sign in to follow this  
Hart-Hunt

Development stream updates!

11 posts in this topic

Yo! After a few months of newly absense, I'm back and running! I've finished the second half of the platforms of Chill Penguin (tweaked the little preview I showed in the stage design thread), and now I'm designing the first half, for then to add enemies, and add the graphics!

And I'm also announcing that I'll be streaming on next Sunday! I'll be updating the thread with the actual time I'll be around, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or in the Mega Man X Hard Type Discord channel in NG+ chat!

Nice to see you back up on the mod-horse!

I might find the time to check in on the stream Sunday! Depending on when it is, of course.

Absolutely! I'm glad to be back. It was on the back of my head this whole semester while I dealt with school.

I did a test stream yesterday and made a lot of progress with Chill Penguin! I'll be streaming again, tonight, at around 7:30 pm EST! See if I can finish the platforming in Chill Penguin, and slowly start to add enemies! Be sure to check it out, everyone!

http://www.twitch.tv/harthunt

Stream's delayed by about hours tops! Should be up at around 9:30 pm EST tonight! Be sure to ask in Discord chat in any case!

Stream was fantastic. Streaming is definitely the way to go for me when designing the platforming, because it really gets me motivated and forces me to be on the chair working.

Chill Penguin's platforming is done, and the results are really encouraging - When playing through it, one can feel the fluidity in the design and the liberty to move and climb. the stage is all around climbing, combining a lot of horizontal sections with vertical obstacles, all while feeling really speedy.

Here's the first section of the stage, as a sneak peek:

KlUizbf.png

Thank you for sticking around, everyone. We're getting a lot of results like this. At this rate, the stages will be designed a lot quicker than what I anticipated. Summer and vacations just started for me, and that means we're all getting some Hard Type Christmas gifts. :D

Long and very productive stream! We finished the first two sections of the stage, fixed a few graphical bugs from 0.0.5, learned some more ASM in the process, and modified more enemies to be more evil! This stage makes has a feel of speed and movement attached to it, which is because of the amount of slopes and enemies chasing you around, giving you just enough time to learn their patterns and start moving in a dance to dodge, seek and destroy. ...To many hours in front of the screen, I'm talking nonsense now. :D