Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Maybe some forum themes would be nice?

7 posts in this topic

I know how you all love your black themes, but damn they hurt my eyes. At the very least this site is tremendously easier to edit to my liking with a plugin than ID is, but built in support for themes would be tits.

Spoiler

qZACycS.png

Also, best wishes on the sister site; looks like you are doing good things already.

That does look nice as well. The specifics of the design are not set in stone yet, so yeah, we'll definitely consider having a second lighter theme.

There are actually built in support for multiple themes.  I turned off theme switching for the initial release.  But we can definitely copy this theme and change the dark colors to lighter elements to allow people to switch between a light/dark style theme.  I can't say it will happen within the next week.  But I like this idea and so I'll add it to our to-do list.  Thanks for the suggestion and welcome to NG+!

So with Firefox 57 just dropping the extension I use to recolor sites is broken and I feel a bit more of a sense of urgency to see this actually get implemented. Not that I'm worried or anything, I can always find a new way to recolor websites, I'm sure but native support is always better.

I'm not gonna lie: it will remain a low priority feature. That being said, now when I've been reminded, I might take a stab at it fairly soon, if I find the time to focus on it. 

So, I've made a light theme. I'm not proud, I've just semi-randomly shifted some of the color codes to its lighter counterpart. The result of this quick-fix is not great, but it's there, and it is usable. 

I'm gonna try and tweak it, but it's not super straight-forward what changes what, so there's a lot of trial and error needed. :P