Xainn

Please help experienced players

30 posts in this topic

SMRPG was my favorite game as a child, just found this mod a while back waiting until everything with V8 was stabilized as best as can be and now i'm giving it a try... I just wanna say loving the game, but the biggest issue I have is that there is no index that tells us where to collect items and or find every boss. Yes I've found the old thread on insane difficulty that was the FAQ thread with tons of lovely info, but after page 3 of the comments it's unavailable so a lot of information is missing.. For example how do I get into Via Infinito? Where is the boss rush located? I have so many questions.. What's the best equipment I can pick up etc.. Please veterans help out.

I've also been keeping and maintaining a list of what bosses/hidden encounters I find/have beaten and what their in-battle and out of battle drops are and if they are 100% drop rate or not.. For example every time I kill the gold dragon I get a thunder plate or w/e it's called.. but I've killed the ice dragons near a certain Esper/summon 20+ times without an ice mail drop.

Let's see here...

• Via Infinito is located in Land's End, under the Sky Bridge.
  • Boss Rush/FF Boss Rush is located beyond Boomer in Bowser's Castle.
  • Lazy Shell and Celebi are really good.

Also, I'm pretty sure the elemental dragons have the same drop rate.  Do you have room for the equipment?

16 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Let's see here...

• Via Infinito is located in Land's End, under the Sky Bridge.
  • Boss Rush/FF Boss Rush is located beyond Boomer in Bowser's Castle.
  • Lazy Shell and Celebi are really good.

Also, I'm pretty sure the elemental dragons have the same drop rate.  Do you have room for the equipment?

Yes I have room, all the elemental dragons are giving me issues besides fire and thunder for dropping the plates, but I guess for the most part I'm past that stage of using them anyway. I found Via Infinito and completed it, also I grinded out Celebi running through the maze, lazy shell is from all secret chests?

I'm having a huge issue finding any good weapon for bowser before I get the dragon claw or whatever, I'm not sure what all I'm missing. I can't find the "Ruby" Pokemon in the volcano to save my life, nor can I figure out how to add spoiler tags xD. I need a seed from shy away's but I'm farming them in lands end the 2 with the 2 pincer armored things and no drop yet.. over 100 battles. Omg finally... they should really make those encounters not have an almost 100% drop rate of ultra shrooms cuz it screws you over getting the seed T.T

Edited by Xainn

• Lazy Shell is all secret chests.
  • Bowser's #2 weapon is the Hurly Gloves (there's also the Fire Claws in Bowser's Keep).
  • Groudon is in Barrel Volcano, south of the opening area (not counting the spring room).  Jump in the lava to reach him.
  • The seed won't drop if your inventory is full.

38 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:
  • Lazy Shell is all secret chests.
  • Bowser's #2 weapon is the Hurly Gloves (there's also the Fire Claws in Bowser's Keep).
  • Groudon is in Barrel Volcano, south of the opening area (not counting the spring room).  Jump in the lava to reach him.
  • The seed won't drop if your inventory is full.

Inventory wasn't full, but if the ultra shroom drops it seems the seed won't either and it's almost 100% chance for the ultra shroom

2 minutes ago, Xainn said:

Inventory wasn't full, but if the ultra shroom drops it seems the seed won't either and it's almost 100% chance for the ultra shroom

In that case, you should find a different enemy set.

16 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

In that case, you should find a different enemy set.

I seem in a video someone saying Ultima actually breaks the 9999 dmg cap even though it shows 9999.. Is this true? Also if so can any other abilities do the same or similar?

4 hours ago, Xainn said:

I seem in a video someone saying Ultima actually breaks the 9999 dmg cap even though it shows 9999.. Is this true? Also if so can any other abilities do the same or similar?

Yes ultima breaks the 9999 damage barrier tho it doesn't actually show it in v8. Mallow's dark star, and geno's meteor can do it too I believe. Mallow is my choice for early grinding cuz darkstar only cost 18 fp to use.

13 hours ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Yes ultima breaks the 9999 damage barrier tho it doesn't actually show it in v8. Mallow's dark star, and geno's meteor can do it too I believe. Mallow is my choice for early grinding cuz darkstar only cost 18 fp to use.

Ahhh okay, makes sense I suppose even though I can't see what in lazy shell editor would make them go beyond dmg limit, any clue of an optimal way to level the heros so that they aren't wasting stats and to make content easier? I went full matk on Mario like an idiot lol, same with peach and mallow... Needless to say having 1100 hp is kinda rough lol, and I wish that I could see the stats on the galaxy ring and galaxy stuff before I farm a bajillion coins... Any clue the best place to farm quick gil? or a better way to get galaxy coins? Also, does defeating a super boss a 2nd time yield the same item? I really need to clean up my inventory lol afraid I may want to get the items again later though, and also can Latios and Latias appear anywhere? So could I go grind forest maze for them like I did Celebi? For the life of me I can't seem to get them to appear, I've been inside the area where Goddess is with the Thonberries for a long while now, well over 255 encounters while inside here, Idk how many they require though.

Edited by Xainn

8 hours ago, Xainn said:

Ahhh okay, makes sense I suppose even though I can't see what in lazy shell editor would make them go beyond dmg limit, any clue of an optimal way to level the heros so that they aren't wasting stats and to make content easier? I went full matk on Mario like an idiot lol, same with peach and mallow... Needless to say having 1100 hp is kinda rough lol, and I wish that I could see the stats on the galaxy ring and galaxy stuff before I farm a bajillion coins... Any clue the best place to farm quick gil? or a better way to get galaxy coins? Also, does defeating a super boss a 2nd time yield the same item? I really need to clean up my inventory lol afraid I may want to get the items again later though, and also can Latios and Latias appear anywhere? So could I go grind forest maze for them like I did Celebi? For the life of me I can't seem to get them to appear, I've been inside the area where Goddess is with the Thonberries for a long while now, well over 255 encounters while inside here, Idk how many they require though.

You can't take back level stats+ once you set them in v8 unfortunately so you're kinda screwed there. The final fantasy random encounters give a lot of gold coins upon defeat so you could try farming them for coins. The beetle minigame that you can replay at booster hill (the place where you did the barrel jumping minigame) gives ten galaxy coins if you can catch a golden beetle but besides that and finding stray g.coins around I just buy em from luma. I don't think defeating a super boss a second time gives the unique item it drops twice because I beat rydia twice yet she didn't give me a 2nd rainbow robe (not sure if this is the case for all of them though). The most common way that people find latios and latias is to go to the end of rose way, encounter the amayzee daisy hidden monster and to keep running from it until the two pokemons show up each, you don't have to beat the monster and their encounter mechanic is the same as celebi's just not as high. Super speed helps a lot there but be wary cuz they will get first strike once you encounter them.

18 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

You can't take back level stats+ once you set them in v8 unfortunately so you're kinda screwed there. The final fantasy random encounters give a lot of gold coins upon defeat so you could try farming them for coins. The beetle minigame that you can replay at booster hill (the place where you did the barrel jumping minigame) gives ten galaxy coins if you can catch a golden beetle but besides that and finding stray g.coins around I just buy em from luma. I don't think defeating a super boss a second time gives the unique item it drops twice because I beat rydia twice yet she didn't give me a 2nd rainbow robe (not sure if this is the case for all of them though). The most common way that people find latios and latias is to go to the end of rose way, encounter the amayzee daisy hidden monster and to keep running from it until the two pokemons show up each, you don't have to beat the monster and their encounter mechanic is the same as celebi's just not as high. Super speed helps a lot there but be wary cuz they will get first strike once you encounter them.

Yeah that seems like a great place to do it I wish I had went back through Bowser's place for Rayquaza before I went to do the boss rush and twilight princess, which of course was after I farmed 99 FP lol, but honestly goddess's room in star hill seems like a fantastically quick place the tonberries come extremely quickly and you can trap it in a corner and stand still without moving to repeatedly encounter it... I just dunno if that screws up encountering latias, which may be why I never seen her. Any clue what factor affects being able to break the 9999 dmg limit in Lazy shell editor? The only thing I see different with Meteor, Dark Star, and Ultima are the "ignores defense" option being checked which no other skills have besides Jump. I also can't figure out how the Celebi item works with it swapping the effect and being reusable.. Kefka outdid himself on several things in this mod. The 3 use kerokola's, Schala's ring.. no clue how he flags them to have a certain number of uses.

Edited by Xainn

There's nothing particularly special about those spells aside from the fact they deal a lot of damage.  It's just the damage display only goes to 9999.

Celebi alternates between 4 different effects.  The order of the effects is always the same, and repeats indefinitely.

Several items, like Kerokola-3, simply add another item (like Kerocola-2) to the inventory upon use.  Others use a counter.

56 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

There's nothing particularly special about those spells aside from the fact they deal a lot of damage.  It's just the damage display only goes to 9999.

Celebi alternates between 4 different effects.  The order of the effects is always the same, and repeats indefinitely.

Several items, like Kerokola-3, simply add another item (like Kerocola-2) to the inventory upon use.  Others use a counter.

I mean I just started playing with lazy shell but it's intriguing for him to have added in all those effects etc to items, I wouldn't think to do most things like that lol. So it uses an item and some sort of script effect adds another item to your inventory or something? The thing I don't understand is WHY is ultima and the like able to do so much damage. Their magical power is 255, but there are a few other skills with 255 power that don't hit that hard, so I thought maybe it was the ignores defense aspect of the skills because only each characters "ultimate" skills (and jump ofc) are flagged with ignores defense.

Edited by Xainn

22 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

In v8, magic power is added to magic attack.  In other words, 255 isn't much for a character with low magic attack.

Well for example Peach Beam and Snowy also have a power of magical power of 255, but does less dmg than ultima or dark star generally by a lot so I'm not sure what causes that, ya know? xD Unless it's the aforementioned ignoring defense. Any clue the # of battles before latios or latias appear? I can't find it anywhere. Do you think it'd be okay with you guys and Kefka if I made a F.A.Q post here? I can make the OP similar to the old one and add more information such as item drops from super bosses, bosses, pokemon events, boss rush, etc.

Edited by Xainn

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense and didn't think about that lol... So it's almost Christmas again and X-mas is my B-day hoping another v9 beta or something T.T

Edited by Xainn

I'm so curious how the levels past 30's stats are handled because you can't access levels past 30 in the editor O.o and if I try to access Peach's info it just flat out crashes, I'm guessing because you get her past level 30.

Edited by Xainn

8 hours ago, Xainn said:

I'm so curious how the levels past 30's stats are handled because you can't access levels past 30 in the editor O.o and if I try to access Peach's info it just flat out crashes, I'm guessing because you get her past level 30.

I had no part in this, but my understanding is the pointers to the information were changed to a location with more space, and then directly modified in a hex editor.

On 12/10/2017 at 0:44 PM, Doomsday31415 said:

I had no part in this, but my understanding is the pointers to the information were changed to a location with more space, and then directly modified in a hex editor.

Okay cool, just curious can normal attacks with like galaxy shell break 9999, or is there really no point to taking mario's attack for example past a certain point? Just trying to not waste stats.

Oh cool, what is "one life" just curious, and with for example Galaxy shell, Paladin, Galaxy Ring.. How much atk would Mario need? Going completely hybrid between magic and atk gets him like 185/185 but he has kinda low HP so I used the 100th level for the 95 hp or whatever... Oh my 2nd play thru after completing literally everything on normal mode, this time playing hard mode, so not wanting to waste stats... The "last" super boss and the FF rush were intense.

Edited by Xainn

30,000 typically for the first life, then 29,997 for future lives.

I'm pretty sure you can't deal anywhere near that for normal attacks.  However, I don't know how much it actually does.

Oh okay, but regardless if I boosted his atk all the way up to 255 base, he should still continue doing additional dmg per point, there should be no cut off where his points into attack are wasted and not adding anything on the harder bosses? Seeing as past like mid-game Mario becomes somewhat useless IMO as a magic attacker I just wanted to make sure. I wish so bad that Mario was removable from the party T.T, I wish I knew how to make that an option wish there was a game genie code for it or something xD it feels like Kefka has just kinda disappeared.

Edited by Xainn