Sign in to follow this  
zombero

Streaming New Sharom Demo for the New Year!

11 posts in this topic

This evening (probably within the next hour) I'll be streaming the new Sharom demo for this hack.

The biggest new features for this demo are:

-The Supply System:  Player deployment is restricted based on supplies secured from towns.

-The Attrition System:  Player vs. Enemy performance is based on armaments secured from towns.

There's a lot of smaller changes, but those are the biggies.  So stop by and check it out!

I'll post here again just before going live, and post the demo for download later tonight (probably).

UPDATE:  DOWNLOAD DEMO HERE

OR WATCH THE VOD ON YOUTUBE:

Edited by zombero

5 hours ago, BigWampa said:

Looks Great Good sir

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hart-Hunt said:

Congratulations on the release zombero! Sorry I wasn't able to catch the stream.

No Worries.  I also added a YT link of the vod for anyone who is interested.

Glad to get to play this again!  I definitely like the supply system over just deploying all your units to start.  Armaments looks good too and having elements play more of a roll now that you can see them in the status screen would be cool.  Not much to say about the combat.  Being an introductory stage it's pretty easy but that's cool.  Could maybe give some units a couple more armaments since they don't have a full squad.  

12 hours ago, Taylor_778 said:

Glad to get to play this again!  I definitely like the supply system over just deploying all your units to start.  Armaments looks good too and having elements play more of a roll now that you can see them in the status screen would be cool.  Not much to say about the combat.  Being an introductory stage it's pretty easy but that's cool.  Could maybe give some units a couple more armaments since they don't have a full squad.  

Glad to be providing something to play again!

Yeah, even for the first stage it might still be a bit too easy.  The money flow is pretty high, too.  I could have had a good 40 Cures or so after that stage.

How about enemies starting towns, getting immediate liberation money, and the temple healing?

I liked the enemies starting on the towns.  Get right into the action instead of waiting for them to come from the base.  Can they be made to stay and guard the town sometimes instead of eventually moving toward the player base?   With all the incentives for needing to liberate towns its not like the player would want to just skip over them.  Towns with a tough guarding unit could be given more armaments?  

The liberation money was good but yeah, money seemed high.  Not sure if it should be reduced or the end stage money.  Or it can let you make the enemy a little tougher knowing the player will have access to more money and healing.  

I didn't need to use the temple healing but that looked good in your video.  Especially being able to top someone up for 1k instead of blowing a whole cure for example.  I'll get a lot more use of it than the old revive they used to do.

The 3 tarot card limit per battle was a nice touch.  I'd like to see it even be set to 1.  Make me think about if I fry these guys with Magician to soften them up am I going to be ok not being able to heal with Priestess.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Taylor_778 said:

Can they be made to stay and guard the town sometimes instead of eventually moving toward the player base?

I could have squads that wait longer than others, and give those more armaments.  I wouldn't really want them to wait forever.  Mainly due to the fact that the enemy can only deploy 10 squads at once.  Which will kinda suck in the game's larger maps...

On 1/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Taylor_778 said:

The 3 tarot card limit per battle was a nice touch.  I'd like to see it even be set to 1.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility... One problem right now is that you'd wind up needing to use a card in almost every fight just to keep up with what you get from towns.  To support a 1 card limit, I might need to make it so only some towns give tarot cards.  Which could also serve as an extra perk for temples:  always giving cards.