Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BTB

Brave New World 1.9.0 is now available!

82 posts in this topic

On 15/05/2018 at 2:12 PM, GLH said:

...I'm not having this issue at all. Infact no one has been having this sort of issue. So there's likely something funky going on with your end of things. The issue now is figuring out where and why.

I have it but didn't mention it cause it is a common thing in old J-RPG to have a sometime insane encounter rate.

Altough I remember during my playthrough after the Magitek Factory and just before joining Setzer and the Cranes I had a very crazy encounter rate couldn't make one step without having an encounter dunno if it was bad luck or a glitch.

On 15/05/2018 at 2:12 PM, GLH said:

...I'm not having this issue at all. Infact no one has been having this sort of issue. So there's likely something funky going on with your end of things. The issue now is figuring out where and why.

I have it but didn't mention it cause it is a common thing in old J-RPG to have a sometime insane encounter rate.

Altough I remember during my playthrough after the Magitek Factory and just before joining Setzer and the Cranes I had a very crazy encounter rate couldn't make one step without having an encounter dunno if it was bad luck or a glitch.

As far as I know, it works but not as intended. Nowea and I tested it and it does seem to raise the floor, but like I said, it doesn't preserve the original encounter rate.

Posted (edited)

On 5/15/2018 at 8:12 AM, GLH said:

First, have you applied the encounter patch? If not, it can be found HERE. The patch will be automatically applied to 1.9.1 and/or 2.0 should no other major problems pop up (meaning you won't need to apply the encounter patch next update), but if you have not used this patch here, you should apply it to fix your problem.

Second, do you know if your ROM file is headered or unheadered? A lot of newbies aren't aware that there are two different types of roms, and applying the wrong patch types can create issues. So if you have a headered ROM (something you can check with some various modding tools for FF6), you need to use headered patches, and vice versa with unheadered roms/patches.

Hopefully this reply of mine will help you solve the issues you are having here with that.^_^

I didn’t know about the encounter patch. Thanks for helping me out. I’ll give it a try, though it sounds like it still doesn’t totally correct things. Strange, I didn’t feel overleveled going into the battle against Kefka in Narshe. Are things balanced with the incorrect encounter rate in mind?

If devs are looking for enhancement ideas, setting encounter rate would be a huge QoL improvement. Maybe just a simple “high med low” in the config menu. The battles are very interesting, and I love to see how every enemy is changed from the original game, but sometimes I just want to get from point A to point B and not have to waste time on wave after wave of weak enemies that are no threat. 

Edited by GeradFigaro

The patch seems to have helped. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Got up through the opera. I really like how the new script communicates the intent of the story much better. There is ONE line I think should be changed though. Many players bring the Figaro Bros along to the Opera. When the party recruits Setzer, Celes takes a two headed coin from Edgar and uses it to fleece Setzer. Sabin realizes that it’s the coin Edgar used in their bet, and his response is “What the hell, Edgar?” Sabin should not sound angry. This is supposed to be more of an “oh shit, Edgar lost on purpose so I could have my freedom” revelation. Maybe instead of what the hell, something like “oh my god” or even the original “brother, don’t tell me...”. Sabin already respects Edgar, and now he realizes that Edgar sacrificed his freedom so that Sabin could live the way he wanted.   This is his most emotional moment in the game. 

On 5/17/2018 at 0:09 AM, seibaby said:

As far as I know, it works but not as intended. Nowea and I tested it and it does seem to raise the floor, but like I said, it doesn't preserve the original encounter rate.

@Mishrak

I believe you had a different experience with this, yes?

All I remember is the last time I used it I got several 2 step encounters in a row near Thamasa on the overworld.  It shouldn't have been possible from my understanding.