seibaby

1.9 Release Bug Reporting Thread

148 posts in this topic

Huh, makes me wonder if morphed Terra will cure 2 HP with a Phoenix down.  Again, doesn’t change anything, but you gotta love those little quirks.

21 minutes ago, SuperHario said:

Huh, makes me wonder if morphed Terra will cure 2 HP with a Phoenix down.  Again, doesn’t change anything, but you gotta love those little quirks.

She won't. Math like this always rounds down, not up.

Just a minor glitch currently playing the mod and during the Battle of Narshe I got a Fidoor that counter attack a Trooper after the later use HasteX

Edited by Nesouk

Suggestion: Make Primordite (south figaro cave, locke's scenario) weak to ice or lower their HP to roughly 100

Reasons: Counters physicals with nasty megavolt, formation with 2x Primordite is very common, and all you can do is use up 2 turns with Celes because MT ice doesn't oneshot them.

Not only it drags the fight unnecessarily, but more importantly 12 MP in a fight at that point will make you run out very quickly, so you risk being forced to use physicals against them which means nasty counters.

I think it's a much more tedious fight than it's intended IMO.

Currently they got 200 HP and are weak to fire/bolt like their cousins, weaknesses you cannot exploit at that point.

Greetings all,  I'd like to report what I believe is a bug in version 1.9.0.

World of balance -- Floating continent right when the timer at the end starts.   the Bat Lady encounters are *extremely* difficult.  difficult as in boss level amount of HP.  (well over 20k health, seemingly).  

my party is composed of Terra, Sabin and Celes, all characters are between level 20 and 25-ish.  running the brave new world patch against the 1.1 (U) "original" rom on OpenEMU. 

There is simply not enough time to defeat the random Bat Lady encounters before the timer runs out (one battle took me well over 2 minutes based on RNG luck).

Please advise -- hell, even if there is a game genie cheat or *something* I can do just to get to the end of the Floating Continent, I'd be happy.

thanks in advance and let me know if i'm forgetting any useful information.

-ryan (bradyrtech)

17 minutes ago, BTB said:

When Celes's turn comes up, pay close attention to what she can do.

Oh man.  major /facepalm on my part here.  I'm not sure if I want to bother deleting my post out of embarrassment or leave it because I missed something so obvious.

thanks for looking out, BTB!

-ryan

In Zozo I couldn't Runic the Greasemonk 'Vanish' Spell. But the Slamdancer 'Fire' spell was Runic'd No Worries.

Generated a soft lock in the WoR's Phoenix Cave.

Against 2x Witch 2x Revenant enemy formation. Strago is petrified, Terra is preparing to cast Remedy, Edgar has just used Autocrossbow and is building up his turn bar. Cyan has Auto-Reflect from Alexander. Cyan uses Bushido - Eclipse. One of the Revenants die, the other three enemies remain alive. A Revenant counterattacks Cyan with Raze. It's reflected off Cyan. Battle stops progressing - casting animations proceed as normal, but the ATB is frozen and I can't input any commands. I can pause and unpause the battle with the Start button, and the game is otherwise functioning.

I (wildly guessing) suspect the lock is because Raze was reflected onto the dead Revenant (killed by Eclipse). Because the enemy is dead, the spell never resolves and the battle is indefinitely delayed while it waits for the reflected Raze to resolve. 

It's a semi-softlock... it'll resolve itself if you hold frameskip for about a minute or so. I thought that was something I'd dealt with all instances of in the past... apparently not.

EDIT: Disregard, somehow I turned off transparency in Snes9x and Cyan was walking in water.

Script-wise, the Gau tutorial text displays 4 lines without pausing for input, and then the last line (not shown) is missing a period.

FF6_BNW_1_9_0001.png

Edited by TimeSpaceMage

Just finished the game. Final dungeon was fantastic, felt like a true challenge. Planning on a writeup/review later this week.

I made heavy use of Phoenix during the final dungeon, and noticed that graphical glitches tend to pop up on the player side (around 2nd and 3rd position) after Phoenix is summoned. This seems like it'd be a known bug, just checking in to confirm that it is. I am playing on Snes9x 1.55. 

May be a glitch, May not. I had a look in FF3usMe, but couldn't make head nor tale of the battle script considering what happened.

Spoiler

Battle of Narshe.

I stole the Tiara from Kefka on my first shot of the Fight. Then he said "I'll be back" and scarpered.

I wasn't expecting that.

10 hours ago, d'Aubigne said:

Just finished the game. Final dungeon was fantastic, felt like a true challenge. Planning on a writeup/review later this week.

I made heavy use of Phoenix during the final dungeon, and noticed that graphical glitches tend to pop up on the player side (around 2nd and 3rd position) after Phoenix is summoned. This seems like it'd be a known bug, just checking in to confirm that it is. I am playing on Snes9x 1.55. 

It's a known issue. It feels like some sort of animation buffer overflow, and I've been able to replicate it on a vanilla ROM, I just haven't gotten around to figuring out how to fix it.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:26 AM, F-Bomb said:

May be a glitch, May not. I had a look in FF3usMe, but couldn't make head nor tale of the battle script considering what happened.

Reveal hidden contents

Battle of Narshe.

I stole the Tiara from Kefka on my first shot of the Fight. Then he said "I'll be back" and scarpered.

I wasn't expecting that.

Yeah, that's an easter egg.

In the IMRF I had the equip screen turn black once a slot was selected to be equiped. Once the the equipment was selected the screen returned to normal.

This may be because I am using BNW over the top of the Dancing Mad MSU-1 mod. Or it may be a hardware issue, usind SD2SNES in a super nt.

It happened a few times but not all the time, and it hasn't showed up in any other area yet.