seibaby

1.9 Release Bug Reporting Thread

148 posts in this topic

Not sure if these are bugs, but:

1.  Atma Weapon's charge-up attack damage isn't reduced by defending.

2.  Casting the spell Remedy on a petrified character does not restore HP;  a zero pops up as if I had cast a simple Cure spell on them.

3.  This has no gameplay effect and might just be due to the emulator I'm using (snes9x running on a 3ds), but I get massive frame drops whenever a dialogue box is on-screen.  90 fps uncapped normally, versus only about 20 fps when there's dialogue.

1. Defend does not reduce the damage from defense-ignoring attacks, such as Flare Star.

2. This is an odd one. It's basically due to the fact that the healing resolves before the status remedy does. Potentially something @seibaby may be able look into, I'm not sure.

3. I say the hardware, honestly.

Also, the Fire 3 / Life 2 error on the Printme is known, I'll fix it in the next version.

Not sure if this is a bug, but isn't Relm not supposed to have Interceptor unless Shadow dies?
Well, I got Shadow alive and kicking, yet both him and Relm have Interceptor.

Found another buggy thing.
When using Terra in the coliseum, upon morphing she just stands there quite a while with her atb full. After a while, it goes to zero as if she had taken an action.

Colliseum morph-lag was an issue in vanilla too. I'm surprised there's no patch out there for this already (though maybe that means it's too tricky to fix?).

So, this may have been pointed out already, but in the coin flip scene with Setzer Edgar and Celes stay red even after Setzer makes the offer of help for Celes as his mistress. Obviously they turn red in embarrassment when he suggests it....but never turn back until after the scene. I don't remember if this was the case in apst versions, but it just seemed odd here.

Also, I may have missed this in the changelog but is Locke supposed to get free turns when stealing? Every time he successfully steals something, he immediately gets another action--which is great for farming steals, but I don't know if you intended it or not.

I'm just about at Thamasa, so still a long way to go, but 1.9 has been just as good as 1.7 (the last version I played).

1 hour ago, magictrufflez said:

Also, I may have missed this in the changelog but is Locke supposed to get free turns when stealing? Every time he successfully steals something, he immediately gets another action--which is great for farming steals, but I don't know if you intended it or not.

Steal is working as intended, yes. It works with mug as well.

I didn't see this bug reported, but if a character is under the imp status and uses a phoenix down on a character, the character is revived with zero HP. They're not under the zombie status, they can be healed above zero, and they can be killed as if they have HP. A bit of an oddity because imp cuts everything you do in half, including items.

Not sure if any of these are known bugs but here they are:

Whenever I use Setzer's Jackpot he will inch forward and get cozy with the enemies. This seems to bee purely aesthetic.

When I had Cyan attack Gau to kill him to change rages the sword cast windslash on the enemies, it seems like it should be cast on my own party instead.

Shadow was fighting Siegfreid in the coliseum, Siegfreid uses vanish, Shadow attacks with the Kagenui dagger, attack misses but it still casts net, net hits Seigfreid and he was a sitting duck the rest of the fight.

I’m brand new to brave new world! Love it’s so far. Found a couple of bugs in the beginning of the game. Did not see them posted when I scanned through. 

1. Hornets in the cave after figaro castle crash the game upon casting SlowX. Took me a bit to run through avoiding this one. 

2. Pterodon crashed game upon casting fireball. Only encountered this once. 

3. Used a tincture with Terra during fight Ultros fight and this crashed the game. 

Also, where do I donate to this cause? 

One, possibly two, bugs encountered during the Isis fight, both having to do with Gau.

Had Gau with the conjurer rage. When he attacks using "Zap" while someone is enticed by Love Token to cover, Gau will inch forward. Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying.

Secondly, Gau only casted Rerise on his side of the field, never on the opposing side. Maybe I just got really unlucky with the RNG, but it could be worth looking into it. He should be able to cast rerise on anyone in the party, after all. Incidentally, that made the fight a lot harder.

Quoth the Readme:

• When Gau (or Gogo) rages an enemy with a single-target move that affects friendlies (Soldier,
    Conjurer, Repo Man, Flan, Witch) during a side attack, he will never target his allies on the
    opposite side; this is due to the "one side only" targeting flag that such spells all have set

• Gau occasionally likes to slowly creep forward across the battlefield until he's all up in your
    enemies' shit; I'm fairly certain this is a carry-over from vanilla that's being exacerbated by
    something we've done, but I haven't the foggiest idea what and I don't care enough to find out

28 minutes ago, BTB said:

Quoth the Readme:

Whoops, totally forgot those. However, this Love Token situation is the first one I experienced of the creeping Gau and it happened consistently when his Zap got covered by an Ally, not in any other circumstance.
I hope this info may at least help in identifying the problem.

Edited by Vaylen

Yes, definitely some bugs with Palidor.  I didn't check all possibilities, but when using Setzer's slot to activate it via triple-bar, all characters seem to still be vulnerable.  Sounds like they're vulnerable regardless of triple-bar or actual summoning.  Characters are able to activate their own counters upon these hits.  Finally, when they land, Setzer, who was in the bottom slot, always ended up off screen to the right.  I haven't checked to see if it's only the bottom character or him specifically by switching party order.

Been a great mod so far.  I'm about 2/3 done with retrieving characters in WOR.

1 hour ago, hypernova said:

Yes, definitely some bugs with Palidor.  I didn't check all possibilities, but when using Setzer's slot to activate it via triple-bar, all characters seem to still be vulnerable.  Sounds like they're vulnerable regardless of triple-bar or actual summoning.  Characters are able to activate their own counters upon these hits.  Finally, when they land, Setzer, who was in the bottom slot, always ended up off screen to the right.  I haven't checked to see if it's only the bottom character or him specifically by switching party order.

Been a great mod so far.  I'm about 2/3 done with retrieving characters in WOR.

Palidor is basically a giant pile of known bugs that have yet to be cracked.

Edited by Nowea

Game crashed when Sabin jumped in the water after defeating Ultros for the first time. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is there something wrong with my emulator. I've tried SNES9x and ZSNES.

Regarding the encounter rate patch... it seems that the last activity has been testing on Mishrak's end indicating that it was not functioning as intended.

After having played through the mod myself for the first time in awhile, I spoke to @seibaby and indicated that I would be all right with the patch slightly reducing overall encounter rates in addition to preventing "two-step" encounters. 

Edited by BTB

I just finished a play through using the patch for the whole game. The only informatuon I can give back that has any revelance is that. Without any purposeful grinding my chatacters ranged from level 27-31 with no-one having EL's higher than 22 I think. I managed to learn all the spells with no worries, and the curse was broken on the shield while fighting the last dragon in KT.

I just finished my first playthrough of BNW. FF6 has been my favorite game for as long as I can remember, but I can safely say I will never play the vanilla game again -- it's BNW from here on out. What an incredible achievement. Thank you so much for making it!

BUGS (possibly)
* While fighting magic pots in the cultist tower, I used a warp whistle with Relm, then selected Setzer's slot command. The warp whistle executed while the slots were still open, and the game locked up.
* I used Shadow extensively in the end game, and despite parrying many physical attacks, I never saw Interceptor in Kefka's tower. I can't recall whether I saw Interceptor in the WOR at all. Is it possible that Shadow lost Interceptor status somehow, or could there be another explanation?
* I also encountered the reflected raze soft lock in the Phoenix Cave that someone else mentioned. However, the soft lock never resolved -- I tried fast forwarding for a very long time.
* At one point on the Veldt, I started encountering battles with every single step (6+ in a row, until I got to my airship). I did not apply the separate encounter-rate patch.

SUGGESTIONS
* I learned all of my magic a bit too quickly -- I think it would be more rewarding if it took longer to buy each spell, and you were forced to think more carefully about which spell to buy, when.
* Myria and Yeti were BY FAR the most difficult boss battles for me. Perhaps I was not paying enough attention to countering behavior, or perhaps they are slightly unbalanced.
* I was disappointed by the final boss battle, which didn't seem to require specific strategies.
* I generally loved the script modifications, including Relm's potty-mouth, with the sole exception of her calling Ultros a "douche", which seemed too anachronistic, somehow.

Thanks again -- I'm looking forward to my next playthrough already!

21 minutes ago, Bropedio said:

* I used Shadow extensively in the end game, and despite parrying many physical attacks, I never saw Interceptor in Kefka's tower. I can't recall whether I saw Interceptor in the WOR at all. Is it possible that Shadow lost Interceptor status somehow, or could there be another explanation?

* I learned all of my magic a bit too quickly -- I think it would be more rewarding if it took longer to buy each spell, and you were forced to think more carefully about which spell to buy, when.

Just to cover these 2. I'm pretty sure that the Interceptor check is only if the standard evade check fails. Later game Shadow has a lot more evade and there are more tools to just not get hit. So seeing less interceptor is likely because of that.

Making it take more SP to learn the spells just means people are gonna grind SP 9 times out of 10

1 hour ago, Bropedio said:

* Myria and Yeti were BY FAR the most difficult boss battles for me. Perhaps I was not paying enough attention to countering behavior, or perhaps they are slightly unbalanced.

Yeti's a jerk, definitely. Myria's tough, but there are some strats to that make her very manageable. Mostly having to do with elemental resistances and countering her status game in Aero (Sap), Overcast (zombie) and Mind Blast (multiple).