Sign in to follow this  
TiredTeddybear

Patches: Cafe to Pub and Mute to Silence

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I was hanging out in bluerobin427's Twitch channel with him and BTB, and I mentioned that the Cafe signs weren't reverted to Pub signs, even though the room label now says "Pub" instead of "CAFE." BTB said he'd be interested in a patch to revert the signs, and I decided to whip one up.

I also made a standalone patch to revert the Mute graphic to its original kanji counterpart for the funsies, in case anyone wants it.

Just to be clear: these are two separate patches. They're both compatible with one another but must be applied separately.

These were made using a headered Final Fantasy III US v1.0 ROM.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ifgq688xi7usp5k/Mute-Cafe.zip

Previews:
kCcaSmg.png
Av9iuUS.png

You should be able to apply these over Brave New World just fine.

Enjoy!

Edited by TiredTeddybear

I applied this patch to 1.9.0,but before I tried it out using FF3usME I changed some spell/enemy names for my own amusement.

The result was that when I got to south figaro the weapon shop had the pub sign and the cafe was still cafe.

Was this the result of my editing, or did I patch the Rom incorrectly. Or does this patch require a headered rom. (I'm using non headered ax a base for my 1.9.0

Says they were made with a headered. I also tinkered around with an editor but with a headered rom, everything has worked perfectly

Thanks for that, should be quite useful.

Will it work properly if I change my the headerisation of my current rom. Or do I have to start over?

The Headerizer is used to modify IPS patches, not ROMs. If your patch is for headered ROMs, and your ROM doesn't have a header, or vice versa, the Headerizer can produce a patch that's compatible with your ROM.