Sign in to follow this  
ShadowMoses

Party set up advice

4 posts in this topic

My MVP party is:

Vigor Terra with Zantetsuken, Genji Sheild, Genji Helm, Genji Armor. (just swapped Apocalypse for Minevera at Collesium, cant decide wether to go with this or stick with Genji armor).

Vigor Locke with Avenger and Valliance, Dark Hood, Dark Gear.

Magic Setzer (for Go fish spams), Red Cap, Genji Armor.

Speed Shadow with Murasame and Kagenui, Dark Hood, Dark Gear.

Terra and Locke are both doing a ton of damage with Setzer healing and Shadow supporting.

I have loads i can gamble at the collesium but im not sure what items to gamble. is there items missing from my set up that could improve it? even if they are not Collesium wins.

i dont mind hunting down the better items, im just looking for some experience of players who have used these characters to good effect.

I'm seeing a lot of people go with a Stamina Setzer for RegenX healing. thinking of respecing for that. i haven't respeced anyone yet but i have 300k so i can afford to respec anyone if needed.

My 1.9 run is still waiting to happen so it's been awhile since I played, but my gut reaction is to say that your builds all lean on the squishy side. I'd at least include one tank build per party, seeing as your glass cannons Locke and Shadow are both brown bread when they miss a dodge in the final parts of the game. Stam Setzer yielded godlike results for me in a stam oriented party, indeed due to regenX and sheer ability to tank hard hits. Gets more valuable than pure dps come endgame, IMO..

Thanks for sharing your experience. i was thinking of splitting Terra and Locke up into separate parties and building Cyan and Edgar as tanks for those parties.

ive been levelling Relm and Strago tonight and i cant seem to find a use for them. everything they can do other characters can do better. have i built them wrong? maybe i'm not using them right.