F-Bomb

Did I just Break my Blitz

3 posts in this topic

I have been playing around with FF3usme on BNW 1.9.0, mainly because as great as this game is, the spell level naming (i.e fire 2 over Fira etc) is something that gets to me. BTB and Synchisi have explained to me the reasons and I'm cool with it. I thought I'd just have a mess around and see what this 'hacking' lark is all about:-) aka I'm a noob.

While I was messing around, My inquisitiveness got the better of me and I started renaming all sorts of things.

One of the main things was Blitz names.

pummel - rage fist

suplex - pile drive

aurabolt - shinkuhado

and bum rust - ragindemon

(loves me some sf alpha)

Along with the cafe - pub patch and the randombattles v3 patch I saved my rom. dumped it on my snes mini and started to play.

All seemed fine until my battle with vargas when I couldn't get pummel/rage fist to work and consequently died. (hopefully it was me being stupid and entering ><> instead of <><).

All I want to know is by renaming all this stuff, have I bricked my rom?

I'm probably way outta my depth messing around with such an extensive hack as BNW, and from now on I'll probably just play what is released.

I have created an IPS patch if anyone is interested in having a look and helping me out.

Cheers.

EDIT: well dont worry about it. I'm just a lexdisic f#@kwit. I tried it again and did the inputs real slow like and it worked fine. Guess I was going ><> after all. Sorry for wasting all of your time.

Edited by F-Bomb
Because I'm an idiot.

You probably haven't bricked your ROM, but if you did, congratulations on taking the first step on the path of the modder. Now start clean and break some more stuff! :)

Just FYI, the random encounter patch v3 is broken and doesn't work. I'll be updating the thread soon with v4 which should work as intended.

I'm not crazy.

It did it again.

After seibaby released the new random encounter patch, I applied it along with my changes, and the bug came back.

I wasn't able to pummel Vargas.

But a simple power cylce on the snes mini and a restart and I was able to do it and proceed.

Wierd.

At least I know that i'm not a complete idiot and know my left from my right.O.o

Edit: I also added the Final Fantasy VI title screen hack from Yazoo on romhacking.net. Just to see what would happen, it appeared to work and I haven't noticed anything to bad yet, aside from the above.

Edited by F-Bomb
New info.