Sign in to follow this  
Raxistaicho

Sketching Quake

5 posts in this topic

Could Quake just... not be a sketch result from anything? I've wiped my own party twice accidentally by sketching quake when I didn't know it would even happen.

20 hours ago, Raxistaicho said:

Could Quake just... not be a sketch result from anything? I've wiped my own party twice accidentally by sketching quake when I didn't know it would even happen.

Both the Rage and Sketch commands are editable using FF3usME, but BNW 1.9 does not have a lot of room in the monster battle commands to add more attacks in, and most of the monsters that have Quake don't have a lot of commands/attacks to make that easy to work with due to their AI scripts and the lack of space at the moment. There also aren't any other Earth spells beyond Demi and Quartr, which can end up being more powerful than Quake when they hit and there is more than one Monster around in that fight. So I doubt all of the monsters are going to be changed with that, but if you want to do it, you will need to edit monster data using FF3usME and replace the Quake attacks and AI script data with Demi or Quartr where needed.

Edited by GLH

17 hours ago, Raxistaicho said:

git gud.

Or more productively: it's not bad practice to try and maintain Float status on one or more of your party at any given time, especially if you don't know the enemy formations well enough yet to know when Quake might be on the table. This will also shut down other enemy offensive options such as Magnitude, Avalanche and Surge. Half of the cast is eventually capable of casting it (and there's always Red Bull), so it's easy to always have it at your disposal.

Aren't the only Quake users the Chickenlip, Gargoyle, and Weedula line of enemies (and Earth Dragon)? Just don't Sketch them. Granted, it's frustrating that Sketch sketches something so detrimental, but that's a whole 'nother tangent for another day.