WolfBladeEJ89

v.8 Any% Speedrun World Record

8 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone, WolfBlade here,

Not sure how relevant this is anymore since it's and older version of Armageddon, but I am still speedrunning v8 of the game and recently got a new speedrun World Record for the any%/defeat Smithy route.

If you are interested in seeing my runs live and other stuff, you can catch it on my channel: https://www.twitch.tv/wolfbladeej89 

Edited by WolfBladeEJ89

Nice!  You've gotten a lot better at doing the max jump, and it also looks like you've figured out some faster strats (like Smithy).

I've got a tip for you that might help you reach that 3:20.  Several of the later bosses have "lives".  What this means is you'll reduce their HP to zero, then they'll heal back to full.  Once you do this enough times, they'll be defeated.  The important thing to note here is that damage from one life doesn't carry over to the next.  In other words, for a fight like Smithy, you should be aiming to do 30,000 HP four (?) times, not 120,000 total damage.  Keeping this in mind should help you avoid wasting turns doing an attack when the next character would take the life either way.

Good luck getting to 3:20!

Alright, so after watching WolfBlade speedrun this a few times, I decided to join in on the fun.  I took his original route and rerouted it to save a ton of time and be more consistent.  At first I tried doing this with v8 final, but that version is much, much slower, so now I'm doing the beta as well.

Here's my opening entry of 3:10:53:

This run had so many mistakes.  I look forward to wolfblade beating this almost immediately now that he can see the full route.

Edited by Doomsday31415
Twitch -> Youtube

1 hour ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Think it's possible to speed run with some super bosses added in?

Depends.  I'm not sure about the beta, but a lot of the superbosses spam Meteor.

Aside from that, it's just a matter of beating them.  What did you have in mind?

Not sure what super bosses would rank from easiest to hardest but anti guys come to mind, been awhile since I played smrpga partly cuz I've played it so much I needed a break while we wait for finished v9, and the terraria calamity mod which is equally difficult, probably even more so. 

Edited by Darkcelestrian